U.S. shipping B61-12 gravity bombs (nuclear) to Europe early.

Isn't every every bomb a gravity bomb?

At some point, they have to fall.

AmusedPoliticalDeermouse-max-1mb.gif

Isn't every every bomb a gravity bomb?

At some point, they have to fall.

View attachment 717942

Warheads (bombs) attached to the pointy end of a missile isn't a gravity bomb. And, I'm not really sure why this is such big news, as we've had attachments that we could put on "dumb bombs" (non guided bombs) that make them super accurate guided munitions for several decades now.

Warheads (bombs) attached to the pointy end of a missile isn't a gravity bomb. And, I'm not really sure why this is such big news, as we've had attachments that we could put on "dumb bombs" (non guided bombs) that make them super accurate guided munitions for several decades now.

"Gravity Bomb" sounds like something really cool from "Star Wars" ... a newly developed doomsday weapon.

The pic in the story looks like something Hamas threw together in a basement.

Kind of a let down.

"Gravity Bomb" sounds like something really cool from "Star Wars" ... a newly developed doomsday weapon.

Kind of a let down.
The Star Trek episode on MeTv tonight is the Dooms Day Machine

Kind of a let down.

Even when you see the kits they attach on "dumb bombs" to make them guided munitions ("smart bombs") up close and in person, they really don't look like much.

Although, apparently they are a bit of a chore to attach, as I heard the AO shop (people responsible for loading ordnance on aircraft) bitch constantly when they had to put them on.

Their trajectory is affected by gravity, even though propelled.

shipping them before the end of the year rather than in 2023.

I'm inclined to see this as an ominous development.

How about you?
Three ways one can look @ this situation;

1) People like to play with fireworks that make a BIG bang.

2) It's better to go out with a bang than just fade away!

3) It's not the warhead that gets ya, it's the explosion!

Forum List

Back