U.S. government sues to block vouchers in some Louisiana school systems

Why does Holder hate black people??? Seriously you'd think he'd want blacks to go to good schools.

An educated populace can support themselves and don't need the government to provide for them. Self reliance is a problem for the Democratic Party.

So a school's "racial balance" is more important than allowing poor black kids to go to a better school.

What a fucked up thing to do to a kid.

This just doesn't stop, does it? If the PC Police actually gave a shit, they're put higher emphasis on the child's education than on what happens to be the color of their freakin' skin.

Madness. Blacks continue to be victimized by those who claim to "care".

So a school's "racial balance" is more important than allowing poor black kids to go to a better school.

This just doesn't stop, does it? If the PC Police actually gave a shit, they're put higher emphasis on the child's education than on what happens to be the color of their freakin' skin.

Truth is MOST blacks live within "leftist area's".
Detroit=democrat
Chicago=democrat...Hell, the mayor is cutting funding for black schools.

It wouldn't surprise me if most southern cities are ran by democrats.

These people are the first to scream at the evil republicans for all the ill's. BUT THEY HAVE most of the power within the inner-cities.

What I find so ironic about this is that these racial "balancing" provisions were put in place with the intention of giving poor black kids a better education and now they're using those same laws to keep them in bad schools.

The so-called party of pro-choice doesn't believe in choice at all when it doesn't fit their views.

They see color. Period. And it makes them feel happy and important when they look out and see color distributed evenly.

They will ignore the unhappy students and parents because they think they know what is best for everyone.

It is seriously fucked up. Too bad the people who seek to control never take into account how others feel about things and the fact that most people don't need or want someone to run their lives.

The purpose of the Louisiana voucher system is to destroy what remains of the the public school system and move the remainder of the students into private schools. This is a process that began in the 1960's when white parents moved their students into private schools to escape integration. Louisiana has consistently ranked 49th to 50th in their quality of public educations. I suspect that Louisiana will be the first state to abandon public education in favor of private schools and will probably provide some of the best education in the country, for those that can afford it.

Last edited:
The purpose of the Louisiana voucher system is to destroy what remains of the the public school system and move the remainder of the students into private schools. This is a process that began in the 1960's when white parents moved their students into private schools to escape integration. Louisiana has consistently ranked 49th to 50th in their quality of public educations. I suspect that Louisiana will be the first state to abandon public education in favor of private schools and will probably provide some of the best education in the country, for those that can afford it.

the public school system in this country IS the roadblock for the better education of the kids.

It seems there is no other way to break down the shitty system except totally destroying it and starting all over.

Without teachers unions.

the public school system in this country IS the roadblock for the better education of the kids.

It seems there is no other way to break down the shitty system except totally destroying it and starting all over.

Without teachers unions.
The problem is the voucher system only destroys the system but does not rebuild it.

this is so stupid it is not even ridiculous.

however, if one knows that the main reason is to prevent the slaves from leaving the plantation - it does not look stupid anymore

Without teachers unions.
The problem is the voucher system only destroys the system but does not rebuild it.

GOOD.

It does not have to.

let them die and the phoenix will rise from the ashes when it is time for it.

Without teachers unions.

Unions are only part of the problem. The whole system from the government to the administration to the parents is broken.

Last edited:

And simply dumping more money into a broken system doesn't fix it either. Introducing competition to the system is certainly a step towards repairing it.

Without teachers unions.

No, The NEA and Liberals destroyed the public school system. Not only through using race, but through the dumbing down of standards required of the Students to graduate each grade.

Today's students know more about Martin Luther King Jr than they do of George Washington, Madison, Hancock, and Jefferson.

Much like this latest flap where teachers are more interested in how a student got an answer than they are if the student got the right answer, the NEA and Teachers are to blame a lot of the ills in the school.

Then, close on the heels, are the Parents. Parents who don't look over their child's homework, who don't contact the Teachers or school admin, who allow their kids to dress any way they want for school.

My son used to get mad at me because I required him, even as a Senior, to dress properly and shave every day before school even though the school allowed beards. I told him he could grow his beard the day after he got his diploma.

Teachers were glad to see my son leave their school. They got tired of hearing my voice or seeing my name wanting to know what was going on in the class room.

Yes, I know it is hard on some parents. I worked two jobs most of the time my son was in school. But I still made time nearly every day, be it in the morning or evening, to go over his homework and other assignments. Even if I only got 5 hours of sleep, I would go to his school whenever I thought I was needed to go to get answers and to talk to his teachers.

This is down right foolish of Holder. Putting race ahead of the kids getting an education.

If they go to a voucher system, everyone can afford it. Demand will create good schools.

[

Today's students know more about Martin Luther King Jr than they do of George Washington, Madison, Hancock, and Jefferson.

Actually, today's students don't know much about the TRUE MLK or the Found Fathers.

Imagine if they ever taught kids these passages from MLK, that contain religion, individual freedom and asserting your humanity over the Big Gov?

You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

Now, what is the difference between the two? How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust.

Yes such a travesty.(eyes rolling, locking in position looking at brain),

The U.S. Justice Department is suing Louisiana in New Orleans federal court to block 2014-15 vouchers for students in public school systems that are under federal desegregation orders. The first year of private school vouchers "impeded the desegregation process," the federal government says.

U.S. government sues to block vouchers in some Louisiana school systems | NOLA.com

The Justice Department's primary argument is that letting students leave for vouchered private schools can disrupt the racial balance in public school systems that desegregation orders are meant to protect. Those orders almost always set rules for student transfers with the school system.

:link:
[

Actually, today's students don't know much about the TRUE MLK or the Found Fathers.

Imagine if they ever taught kids these passages from MLK, that contain religion, individual freedom and asserting your humanity over the Big Gov?

You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

Now, what is the difference between the two? How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust.

Forum List

Back