U.S. Fighter Jet Shoots Down Syrian Government Plane

Why should we be upset about this? Is Syria really our ally against ISIS?

Yes, Syria is against ISIS.
Ok, I hear you - but they aren't really for the US

Truthfully, I'd like to understand this situation better...

The point is that

Syria is fighting ISIS = US is fighting ISIS

That's the point

That Syria is or isn't for the US, or loves the US or not,is another matter.

These troops being bombed are NOT ISIS!
And you know that how?

OkI will bite let's hear your conspiracy

The point is that

That's the point

And you know that how?

I read the OP. Didn't you?

A U.S. strike aircraft shot down a Syrian government fighter jet shortly after it bombed U.S.-backed Syrian fighters in North Syria, the Pentagon said in a statement Sunday. The Pentagon said the shoot-down came hours after Syrian government-backed forces attacked U.S.-backed fighters, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, in the village of Ja’Din. As the attack unfolded, the U.S. military used a deconfliction channel to communicate with the Syrian government to stop the skirmish, according to the Pentagon statement. Roughly two hours later, despite the called-for stand down, a Syrian Su-22 jet dropped an unknown number of munitions on the Syrian Democratic Forces. A U.S. F/A-18 promptly shot the Syrian aircraft down “in accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defense of coalition partnered forces,” the Pentagon statement said.

The point is that

That's the point

And you know that how?

I read the article.
The one from the leftist rag?

The point is that

That's the point

And you know that how?

OkI will bite let's hear your conspiracy

The whole war is a conspiracy.

You know....I'd be really a good move if the US led coalition try hitting ISIS instead, for a change!

You realize that the troops that were being bombed by Syria are not ISIS, but supported by the US?

Also, they were warned!

really

you tell Mccain that

he will laugh in your face

Do you people not read the OP?

A U.S. strike aircraft shot down a Syrian government fighter jet shortly after it bombed U.S.-backed Syrian fighters in North Syria, the Pentagon said in a statement Sunday. The Pentagon said the shoot-down came hours after Syrian government-backed forces attacked U.S.-backed fighters, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, in the village of Ja’Din. As the attack unfolded, the U.S. military used a deconfliction channel to communicate with the Syrian government to stop the skirmish, according to the Pentagon statement. Roughly two hours later, despite the called-for stand down, a Syrian Su-22 jet dropped an unknown number of munitions on the Syrian Democratic Forces. A U.S. F/A-18 promptly shot the Syrian aircraft down “in accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defense of coalition partnered forces,” the Pentagon statement said.

Another one??

The US lead coalition shoots down another Syrian army plane???

Now almost every week they are doing that :mad-61:

This is getting ridiculous!

Are they for ISIS or against ISIS? :rolleyes-41:

The point is that

That's the point

They are ISIS

Shame Shame Shame!

The point is that

That's the point

And you know that how?

You have more faith in the government and their lap dog media than I.

The point is that

That's the point

They are ISIS

Shame Shame Shame!

I am sorry, but going "stupid" is not a smart strategy at any time. You know better.

The point is that

That's the point

And you know that how?

They quoted the Pentagon. Did you not read it? It right up here. ^^^^^

You know....I'd be really a good move if the US led coalition try hitting ISIS instead, for a change!

You realize that the troops that were being bombed by Syria are not ISIS, but supported by the US?

Also, they were warned!

really

you tell Mccain that

he will laugh in your face

Do you people not read the OP?

But the question remains who the heck is the Syrian Democratic forces today?

I know what Skye and Tehon were trying to get at...and I can't find no link in like 5 stories so far.

The point is that

That's the point

They are ISIS

Shame Shame Shame!

I am sorry, but going "stupid" is not a smart strategy at any time. You know better.

My God what a mental pygmy ^^^

better leave it there

The point is that

That's the point

They are ISIS

Shame Shame Shame!

My God what a mental pygmy ^^^

better leave it there

OK. if you are such a genius explain how we are helping ground forces in Syria and Iraq with our Special Force, Rangers, and Marines in fighting ISIS if we are helping ISIS?

I know it is a complicated situation, but you would have to be crazy to think we are playing both sides against ourselves!

Wake up and smell the coffee!

The point is that

That's the point

And you know that how?

Oh the Pentagon. That changes everything. :rolleyes-41:

From Wiki they were founded in 2015??

Syrian Democratic Forces - Wikipedia

According to the Pentagon, Kurds made up 40% of the SDF and Arabs 60% in March 2017.[89][90] Founded in October 2015, the SDF states its mission as fighting to create a secular, democratic and federalSyria, along the lines of the Rojava Revolution in northern Syria

I thought Moscow said they were going to let the Kurds in the North have a bigger stake in Syrian government or something like that?

And you know that how?

Well, maybe I am biased, but I have dealt with the Pentagon for the vast majority of my life.

I haven't seen anything from you but confusion.

Why don't you try to explain it from your perspective?

And you know that how?

Well, maybe I am biased, but I have dealt with the Pentagon for the vast majority of my life.

Really

You have dealt with the Pentagon for the vast majority of your life???

Well now.....why don't you tell us all about it?:popcorn:

As our friends on the left and their pawns in the media fawn over fabricated crimes and non existent cover ups, shit is getting real in the ME...

quote:

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

LINK
Shocker. The US defending terrorists again. I wish Syria or Russia would shoot down a US jet see how the US likes it.

Let's see a Sryian SU22 bombs US allies and your upset we shot it down

Why?

So the US doesn't negotiate with terrorists but we have no problem allying with them....so glad I NEVER claim to be an American. I would hate people to think all Americans approve of the idiocy in DC.

As our friends on the left and their pawns in the media fawn over fabricated crimes and non existent cover ups, shit is getting real in the ME...

quote:

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

LINK
Shocker. The US defending terrorists again. I wish Syria or Russia would shoot down a US jet see how the US likes it.

Let's see a Sryian SU22 bombs US allies and your upset we shot it down

Why?

So the US doesn't negotiate with terrorists but we have no problem allying with them....so glad I NEVER claim to be an American. I would hate people to think all Americans approve of the idiocy in DC.

Your terrorist are other people's freedom fighters, btw I heard the Kurds going to vote for Independence in Iraq that will be interesting.

Really

You have dealt with the Pentagon for the vast majority of your life???

Well now.....why don't you tell us all about it?:popcorn:

I served in the Navy for 23 years, active and reserve, plus I taught in a DoD high school on an Army post,. For the past 10 years, I have been a volunteer for the Army's Urban Combat Center training various units in urban warfare. That's 34 years after attaining adulthood and that is the vast majority of my life.

Forum List

Back