U.S. Fighter Jet Shoots Down Syrian Government Plane

And you know that how?

I read the OP. Didn't you?

A U.S. strike aircraft shot down a Syrian government fighter jet shortly after it bombed U.S.-backed Syrian fighters in North Syria, the Pentagon said in a statement Sunday. The Pentagon said the shoot-down came hours after Syrian government-backed forces attacked U.S.-backed fighters, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, in the village of Ja’Din. As the attack unfolded, the U.S. military used a deconfliction channel to communicate with the Syrian government to stop the skirmish, according to the Pentagon statement. Roughly two hours later, despite the called-for stand down, a Syrian Su-22 jet dropped an unknown number of munitions on the Syrian Democratic Forces. A U.S. F/A-18 promptly shot the Syrian aircraft down “in accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defense of coalition partnered forces,” the Pentagon statement said.
You have more faith in the government and their lap dog media than I.

They quoted the Pentagon. Did you not read it? It right up here. ^^^^^
Oh the Pentagon. That changes everything. :rolleyes-41:

Well, maybe I am biased, but I have dealt with the Pentagon for the vast majority of my life.

I haven't seen anything from you but confusion.

Why don't you try to explain it from your perspective?
From my perspective the United States is attempting a regime change in Syria. Has been from day one and has not been honest with the American people about any of it. They have used Islamic extremists to their advantage in doing so. Non of it comports with what this country is supposed to stand for nor with international rules of conduct.

Well, maybe I am biased, but I have dealt with the Pentagon for the vast majority of my life.

Really

You have dealt with the Pentagon for the vast majority of your life???

Well now.....why don't you tell us all about it?:popcorn:

I served in the Navy for 23 years, active and reserve, plus I taught in a DoD high school on an Army post,. For the past 10 years, I have been a volunteer for the Army's Urban Combat Center training various units in urban warfare. That's 34 years after attaining adulthood and that is the vast majority of my life.

Volunteer huh?

ok cool

As our friends on the left and their pawns in the media fawn over fabricated crimes and non existent cover ups, shit is getting real in the ME...

quote:
A U.S. strike aircraft shot down a Syrian government fighter jet shortly after it bombed U.S.-backed Syrian fighters in North Syria, the Pentagon said in a statement Sunday. The Pentagon said the shoot-down came hours after Syrian government-backed forces attacked U.S.-backed fighters, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, in the village of Ja’Din. As the attack unfolded, the U.S. military used a deconfliction channel to communicate with the Syrian government to stop the skirmish, according to the Pentagon statement. Roughly two hours later, despite the called-for stand down, a Syrian Su-22 jet dropped an unknown number of munitions on the Syrian Democratic Forces. A U.S. F/A-18 promptly shot the Syrian aircraft down “in accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defense of coalition partnered forces,” the Pentagon statement said.

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

LINK
Shocker. The US defending terrorists again. I wish Syria or Russia would shoot down a US jet see how the US likes it.

Let's see a Sryian SU22 bombs US allies and your upset we shot it down

Why?

So the US doesn't negotiate with terrorists but we have no problem allying with them....so glad I NEVER claim to be an American. I would hate people to think all Americans approve of the idiocy in DC.

Your terrorist are other people's freedom fighters, btw I heard the Kurds going to vote for Independence in Iraq that will be interesting.
Only reason the US is backing the TERRORISTS is because they want Assad gone because a major pipeline was planned to go through Syria and Assad said NOPE so like the US and Israel did in Iraq and Libya etc they invented a terrorist group,armed them,funded them and trained them and then sent the ME into absolute chaos.

Really

I served in the Navy for 23 years, active and reserve, plus I taught in a DoD high school on an Army post,. For the past 10 years, I have been a volunteer for the Army's Urban Combat Center training various units in urban warfare. That's 34 years after attaining adulthood and that is the vast majority of my life.

one question

do volunteers have access to the top secret or top information from the Pentagon???

like.....do you really know what's happening

Really

Volunteer huh?

ok cool

Most of the time I play the bad guy.

Really

one question

do volunteers have access to the top secret or top information from the Pentagon???

I really cannot comment on that. Let's just say everything you see in Zero Dark Thirty is fairly accurate.

Really

one question

I really cannot comment on that. Let's just say everything you see in Zero Dark Thirty is fairly accurate.

ahh ok

Does anybody really believe that th USA under Obama's leadership funded a terrorist organization in order to get a pipeline built? AND that Trump came in and picked up that ball and ran with it?

Because that is what I think I am seeing being suggested here...

Fuck Syria, fuck the Middle East and fuck anyone who is not American or friends of America.

Syria is a black powder keg that is dry and dusty and ready to blow.

No reason to have our boys over there, so let them kill each other as long as it is not our own.

Does anybody really believe that th USA under Obama's leadership funded a terrorist organization in order to get a pipeline built? AND that Trump came in and picked up that ball and ran with it?

Because that is what I think I am seeing being suggested here...
I believe the US under Obama, and George Bush before him, aided Islamic extremist organizations. Absolutely I do. The US has a history of doing that very thing and the same in principle around the globe. To find this idea unbelievable is simply naive.

As to the motivation, I don't believe it to be primarily about pipelines for the US. The US had to restore balance to the ME because the Iraq war gave way to the Shia expansion and our Sunni "partners" in the region were quite unhappy with that development.

And yes, it is abundantly clear that Trump is playing ball. Presidents change, regional policy goals not so much.

3. (S) U.S. CREDIBILITY IS CRITICAL: The Bush Administration is now in the past, the King said. Both President Bushes were his friends, but the recent President Bush didn,t take his advice on dealing with issues in the region, and they found their problems "compounded." The King said, "we are ready to consult, provide guidance and to do whatever is necessary. We are people of the region and we know it well." Brennan responded that President Obama wants to listen, and asked what advice the King would offer to President Obama. Abdullah said his one piece of advice was that restoring U.S. credibility in the world was critically important. Brennan responded that this was an important issue for President Obama as well. Brennan said that under President Obama we will restore our credibility. He said the U.S. is a great country and we know what we have to do.

Cable: 09RIYADH447_a

I believe the US under Obama, and George Bush before him, aided Islamic extremist organizations. Absolutely I do. The US has a history of doing that very thing and the same in principle around the globe. To find this idea unbelievable is simply naive.
um, yeah, I believe that as well

what I don't believe is that Trump came in and became complicit in a conspiracy to keep terrorist groups operating

um, yeah, I believe that as well

what I don't believe is that Trump came in and became complicit in a conspiracy to keep terrorist groups operating
Of course he is complicit. He just shot down a Syrian jet that was attacking terrorists. Terrorists didn't stop being terrorists just because Trump became President.

As our friends on the left and their pawns in the media fawn over fabricated crimes and non existent cover ups, shit is getting real in the ME...

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

LINK
Trump is trying to "Wag The Dog" rube
Russia vows to treat US jets in Syria as 'targets' after America guns down first regime warplane
Source: The Independent

Russia has said it will treat US warplanes operating in parts of Syria where its air forces are present as "targets" amid a diplomatic row caused by the downing of a Syrian jet.

The country's defence ministry said the change in position would apply to all aircraft operating as part of the US-backed coalition west of the Euphrates River.

It will also suspend a hotline between Russia and the US set up to prevent mid-air collisions.
The US did not use its communication channel with Russia ahead of the downing of the Syrian government warplane, the ministry was quoted as saying, accusing the US of a "deliberate failure to make good on its commitments" under the de-confliction deal.

Read more: Russia to treat US planes flying over Syria as 'targets'

Raqqa is on the Euphrates, so this would affect how the battle for that city develops.

IsisControlJune2014-web.jpg

Well since Russia has admitted that they will target our jets...If they ping us with any anti-aircraft missile system, we have every right to bomb that.
Don't get ahead of yourself. We have no right to even be operating in that country.

Forum List

Back