U.S. factory orders barely rise; shipments fall further

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'New orders for U.S.-made goods rose less than expected in January and shipments fell for a fourth straight month, offering more evidence of a slowdown in manufacturing activity.

Factory goods orders edged up 0.1 percent, the Commerce Department said on Tuesday, held back by decreases in orders for computers and electronic products, after rising by the same margin in December.

There were also declines in demand for primary metals and fabricated metal products.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast factory orders rising 0.3 percent in January. Factory orders increased 3.8 percent compared to January 2018.

Shipments of factory goods fell 0.4 percent after dropping 0.2 percent in December. They have now declined for four consecutive months, the longest streak since mid-2015.'

U.S. factory orders barely rise; shipments fall further | Reuters

Not good.

'New orders for U.S.-made goods rose less than expected in January and shipments fell for a fourth straight month, offering more evidence of a slowdown in manufacturing activity.

Factory goods orders edged up 0.1 percent, the Commerce Department said on Tuesday, held back by decreases in orders for computers and electronic products, after rising by the same margin in December.

There were also declines in demand for primary metals and fabricated metal products.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast factory orders rising 0.3 percent in January. Factory orders increased 3.8 percent compared to January 2018.

Shipments of factory goods fell 0.4 percent after dropping 0.2 percent in December. They have now declined for four consecutive months, the longest streak since mid-2015.'

Not good.
Is that why the stock market is up and being called a bull market now?

Not good.
Well, at least it's well up from a year ago.

• Banned
Why should anybody believe the media?
If they told you good news, I am sure you would have no problem buying their story.

I am sure you have not a clue what you are talking about.

You have not a clue what my motivations are obviously in the political and/or macroeconomic areas.

But of course, being a 'limited' individual...you make assumptions anyway. 'Limited' people usually do.

Have a nice day.

If they told you good news, I am sure you would have no problem buying their story.

You have not a clue what my motivations are obviously in the political and/or macroeconomic areas.

But of course, being a 'limited' individual...you make assumptions anyway. 'Limited' people usually do.

Have a nice day.
I was actually responding to mike.

As far as throwing out Ad hominems at me as a form of argumentation, well, that would show who is "limited."

I am sure I have no idea what you mean by "limited." How juvenile.

It seems the only appropriate response is. ..
iu

I really don't give a rats ass what your "motivations" are. When someone opens a thread with a source, that source's information should be considered valid if said poster wants to engage the person who opened the thread IMO, or otherwise provide their own source. It was Mike that either needed to accept your opening source, find a better source, or go away.

Your attack on me? It shows some deep seated insecurities. . . clearly.

Have a nice day.
I was actually responding to mike.

As far as throwing out Ad hominems at me as a form of argumentation, well, that would show who is "limited."

I am sure I have no idea what you mean by "limited." How juvenile.

It seems the only appropriate response is. ..
iu

I really don't give a rats ass what your "motivations" are. When someone opens a thread with a source, that source's information should be considered valid if said poster wants to engage the person who opened the thread IMO, or otherwise provide their own source. It was Mike that either needed to accept your opening source, find a better source, or go away.

Your attack on me? It shows some deep seated insecurities. . . clearly.

MikeTX is on my ignore list. So all I saw was your response and it seemed in response to my post.
But I should have checked your post number before I answered.

It was my mistake and I sincerely apologize.

I don't know if you are limited or not...but it's an easy comeback when I feel people are attacking me. And, since most Trumpbots are uneducated and most uneducated people have lower IQ's AND since I assume someone attacking someone deriding the economy are Trumpbots...it's a pretty safe comment (usually).

Once again, sorry.

Good day.

Last edited:

Not good.

Macroeconomic Ignoramus.

The equity markets are up because the Fed backed off it's 'normalization policy'. It went down when the Fed was 'normalization' and it went up when it promised to stop. DUH.

And being 'called' a bull market? You ignoramus...you don't call a market a bull market. It either is or it is not. LOL.
It's a set formula...when the market rises 20% from a low, it's a bull market. But the DOW is still down from last August and was down for 2018. So I would not be bragging about it, were I you.

And your comment is SO stupid as you phrased it like the statistic I posted is erroneous.
It's from the Commerce Department you ignorant Trumpbot. That means it is a FACT....it's not an opinion. DUH.

Shit...you Trumpbots have got to be the DUMBEST bunch of political supporters since the screaming bunch of morons at Hitler's Nuremberg rallies.

Oh, and the usually very reliable GDPNow estimate (from the Atlanta Fed) has their latest prediction for Q1 GDP at a miserly 0.4%.

GDPNow - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

Here is some advice...don't comment about things you clearly no little/nothing about and you won't look as monumentally ignorant as your above comment made you look on this subject.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Not good.

Macroeconomic Ignoramus.

The equity markets are up because the Fed backed off it's 'normalization policy'. It went down when the Fed was 'normalization' and it went up when it promised to stop. DUH.

And being 'called' a bull market? You ignoramus...you don't call a market a bull market. It either is or it is not. LOL.
It's a set formula...when the market rises 20% from a low, it's a bull market. But the DOW is still down from last August and was down for 2018. So I would not be bragging about it, were I you.

And your comment is SO stupid as you phrased it like the statistic I posted is erroneous.
It's from the Commerce Department you ignorant Trumpbot. That means it is a FACT....it's not an opinion. DUH.

Shit...you Trumpbots have got to be the DUMBEST bunch of political supporters since the screaming bunch of morons at Hitler's Nuremberg rallies.

Oh, and the usually very reliable GDPNow estimate (from the Atlanta Fed) has their latest prediction for Q1 GDP at a miserly 0.4%.

Here is some advice...don't comment about things you clearly no little/nothing about and you won't look as monumentally ignorant as your above comment made you look on this subject.

Have a nice day.
Per CNN 70% of voters say the economy is good.
Have a nice day!

Not good.

Macroeconomic Ignoramus.

Have a nice day.
Per CNN 70% of voters say the economy is good.
Have a nice day!

I don't give a shit what CNN voter's think.

I only care about what the statistics and actual macroeconomic experts think about the economy.

Have a nice day.

Forum List

Back