U.S. Department of Justice, FBI and FDLE to probe Trayvon Martin killing

Mounting pressure in Trayvon Martin case succeeds in prompting a federal probe.

The U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and the FBI will investigate the killing of Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer, the department announced late Monday.

The announcement coincided with a statement from Florida Gov. Rick Scott asking the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to offer “appropriate resources” in the case.

U.S. Department of Justice, FBI and FDLE to probe Trayvon Martin killing - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

I guess we now know who runs the "Plantation".

Let me guess. They won't invesitgate the two black kids who poured gasoline on the white kid and set him on fire will they?

Not a chance, Willow, not a chance; Holder and Obama believe they had a right to do that, or anything else. Gang attacks, murder rape and torture, voter intimidation; it's all good, justified payback for slavery and segregation, and don't you forget it. Meanwhile, the likes of Tim Wise and everyone else who has been brainwashed into feeling guilty for being born White will roll over, and beg them to do more of it. Well, I'll be damned if I will! Racism is racism, violence is violence, and hate is hate, and faced with a choice between condoning and permitting it, or fighting fire with fire, I choose the latter! I didn't stand around and let the KKK do it, and I'm not going to stand around and let people like Holder, and Salt here, do it either!

Why am I not surprised that a DOJ headed by a proven racist, Eric Holder, who never met a White person he thought deserved ANY rights, has joined this witch hunt? This is the same Eric Holder who thinks Blacks can't commit the federal offense of voter intimidation? Why am I not surprised at who posted this so gleefully: Salt "I hate White people because they're White" Jones? Why am I not surprised that every liberal here seems to think Black racism is OK? Could it be, because this is the most racist administration America has ever seen? If the victim in this case was White, and the shooter Black, there would not be one peep of protest from the liberals, here, in the media, in government, or anywhere else. It's the Left's dirty little not-so-secret, secret; Whites are all automatically guilty, and all Blacks are innocent victims, according to them. We don't even have all the facts in this case, but let's have a witch hunt and form a lynch mob anyway; let's rush to judgement anyway. The shooter is White, the deceased is Black, so this HAD to be racist, it just HAD to be,....because any other conclusion, however factual, does not fit the liberal narrative. BTW will you liberals please make up your minds whether Hispanic is a separate "race" or whether they're White? I mean, you switch back and forth so much that it's more than a little confusing. I hate to bitch, but you really can't have it both ways, however much you wish you could.

This is a local issue and should be handled as such.

If the dead kid were white you wouldn't hear word one about it.

Because he's an AA we now have the DOJ, Sharpton and an yother busybody who wants to stick their nose in pontificating about a death.

If the guy is charged with murder, manslaughter or whatever and is convicted then he will end up in jail.

the illiterate racist "Reverend" al sharpton seems not to have learned his lessons cluelessly injecting himself into racial bias cases................

perfect for pmsnbc viewers

Mounting pressure in Trayvon Martin case succeeds in prompting a federal probe.

The U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and the FBI will investigate the killing of Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer, the department announced late Monday.

The announcement coincided with a statement from Florida Gov. Rick Scott asking the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to offer “appropriate resources” in the case.

U.S. Department of Justice, FBI and FDLE to probe Trayvon Martin killing - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

I guess we now know who runs the "Plantation".

Let me guess. They won't invesitgate the two black kids who poured gasoline on the white kid and set him on fire will they?

Not a chance, Willow, not a chance; Holder and Obama believe they had a right to do that, or anything else. Gang attacks, murder rape and torture, voter intimidation; it's all good, justified payback for slavery and segregation, and don't you forget it. Meanwhile, the likes of Tim Wise and everyone else who has been brainwashed into feeling guilty for being born White will roll over, and beg them to do more of it. Well, I'll be damned if I will! Racism is racism, violence is violence, and hate is hate, and faced with a choice between condoning and permitting it, or fighting fire with fire, I choose the latter! I didn't stand around and let the KKK do it, and I'm not going to stand around and let people like Holder, and Salt here, do it either!
Damn, you're an idiot. The police are still trying to find the perps in that case, the kid that got torched can't identify them.

Negged.

I'm wondering why this has to be a federal case.

The 911 Operator told the guy not to follow the man. He did anyway, (after using a racial epitath to describe him) and there was a shooting.

The local police should be investigating this, and for some reason, they aren't.

You answered your own question. Had the local police done the appropriate investigation, the Feds wouldn't need to be involved.

This is EXACTLY why the Feds have power in cases like these.

I agree with you Jillian. However, the travesty is that this never would have made national news if it was reported correctly from the get go. Al Sharpton is staging a rally for this kid. How many innocent teens are killed every single day?

how do you think it wasn't reported correctly?

no parent should be afraid to send their UNARMED kid to the store for fear some vigilante creep from a "neighborhood watch" is going to blow him away for being black.

cause that's really what we have here.

You know, I think you and others that are advocating that this needs looked into are correct. However, you have no proof whatsoever that if this kid had been white that the exact same thing wouldn't have happened. It was a horrific tragedy and a life was lost and it should be looked into, but to assume that it happened because the child was black is a bit ridiculous, and there's been zero proof that racism was the impetus.

I agree with you Jillian. However, the travesty is that this never would have made national news if it was reported correctly from the get go. Al Sharpton is staging a rally for this kid. How many innocent teens are killed every single day?

no parent should be afraid to send their UNARMED kid to the store for fear some vigilante creep from a "neighborhood watch" is going to blow him away for being black.

You know, I think you and others that are advocating that this needs looked into are correct. However, you have no proof whatsoever that if this kid had been white that the exact same thing wouldn't have happened. It was a horrific tragedy and a life was lost and it should be looked into, but to assume that it happened because the child was black is a bit ridiculous, and there's been zero proof that racism was the impetus.

No, there isn't.

I firmly believe that zimmerman will one day get himself into a jam where he can't take advantage of such an ambiguous law. And if he's a racist, that will become apparent at some point down the line. It always does.

Too bad the federal government refuses to probe one of it's own. When are we going to see justice done for the Border Patrol agent who was killed with one of the weapons the attorney general authorized to send to Mexico?

you contending that if the kid had been white he would have been followed?

Really?

There's no "proof" because it's under investigation. What is proven is that the local cops let the guy go without so much as holding him.

Since when do you get to say you killed someone "in self defense" and not have to show any indication of the need for self-defense.

i suppose you can pretend there was nothing racial about it.

Damn, you're an idiot. The police are still trying to find the perps in that case, the kid that got torched can't identify them.

Negged.

You should be negged

Cops seek teens who allegedly set fire to 13-year-old student - Crimesider - CBS News

Police: Juveniles laughed after setting 15-year-old on fire - CNN

There are others

you contending that if the kid had been white he would have been followed?

Really?

There's no "proof" because it's under investigation. What is proven is that the local cops let the guy go without so much as holding him.

Since when do you get to say you killed someone "in self defense" and not have to show any indication of the need for self-defense.

i suppose you can pretend there was nothing racial about it.

Just as much as you're 'pretending' that it was racially motivated.. when you have absolutely nothing to back that up. I wasn't arguing with you that it clearly needed looked into, i.e. the police department's actions, I clearly said that in my post. As a matter of fact, I said it twice, so why are you trying to make that an argument with me when there was none? Do you automatically assume that every crime against a minority is racially motivated?

And if you do, do you make the same assumption that every minority that commits a crime against a white person is also racially motivated?

This past weekend in Chicago, Jesse Jackson and Obama's back yard, there were 41 shootings which resulted in 10 homicides. One of the deaths was a 6 year old girl.

The same happens in SouthEast Washington, Prince George's County, and every inner city neighborhood in the country. I hope that the truth is revealed and that justice is served for this kid but these matters always bring out the Sharptons of the world. The anti-gunners will also take a stand, demanding that guns be taken from law abiding citizens while the shootings continue in the neighborhoods that the activists and community organizers have pretended to care about for decades.

I've dealt with it all my life.

I lived in Prince George's County for years. My family still lives there.

Doesn't change the fact that the Martin family has their own grievences. They lost their son, and it's extremely insensitive to say they don't deserve a shot at justice and an answer to their questions because "people die every day". I've lost a brother before, and was told that very same thing, then we have the nerve to wonder why kids join gangs at 14 and become cold blooded killers. Why wouldn't they when they watch their loved ones die and are told "people die every day"...

Wonder how many blacks that went around the Wisconsin state fair last Summer beating whites got prosecuted?

I'm sick and tired of the hell being raised by national figures when a white or a cop is supposed to have killed some black kid and when blacks commit violence against whites it's swept under the rug.

I don't give a flying fuck about this issue. It's just being used to raise racial tension.

Imagine that! A bunch of lefties and the left wing media glomming onto a story that will increase racial tension?

Color me not surprised.

No, there isn't.

I firmly believe that zimmerman will one day get himself into a jam where he can't take advantage of such an ambiguous law. And if he's a racist, that will become apparent at some point down the line. It always does.

Actually, Florida law is not at all ambiguous on this issue;

Lawful Self-Defense - Weapons - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Q. When can I use my handgun to protect myself?

A. Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;
Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.
Using or displaying a handgun in any other circumstances could result in your conviction for crimes such as improper exhibition of a firearm, manslaughter, or worse.

Example of the kind of attack that will not justify defending yourself with deadly force: Two neighbors got into a fight, and one of them tried to hit the other by swinging a garden hose. The neighbor who was being attacked with the hose shot the other in the chest. The court upheld his conviction for aggravated battery with a firearm, because an attack with a garden hose is not the kind of violent assault that justifies responding with deadly force.

Negged.

You should be negged

Cops seek teens who allegedly set fire to 13-year-old student - Crimesider - CBS News

Police: Juveniles laughed after setting 15-year-old on fire - CNN

There are others

Those too need to be charged.

You don't know that. And that is the point, every single time a non black kills a black you people INSIST it is racism, yet when ever a black kills a non black "nothing to see here, no racism" and no Fed investigation.

You don't know that. And that is the point, every single time a non black kills a black you people INSIST it is racism, yet when ever a black kills a non black "nothing to see here, no racism" and no Fed investigation.

That is not true.

Well.... I'd say that the 911 tape, where Zimmerman is following the kid and says "these ******* always get away..." pretty much says all that needs to be said.

i agree with you jillian. However, the travesty is that this never would have made national news if it was reported correctly from the get go. Al sharpton is staging a rally for this kid. How many innocent teens are killed every single day?

this past weekend in chicago, jesse jackson and obama's back yard, there were 41 shootings which resulted in 10 homicides. One of the deaths was a 6 year old girl.

The same happens in southeast washington, prince george's county, and every inner city neighborhood in the country. I hope that the truth is revealed and that justice is served for this kid but these matters always bring out the sharptons of the world. The anti-gunners will also take a stand, demanding that guns be taken from law abiding citizens while the shootings continue in the neighborhoods that the activists and community organizers have pretended to care about for decades.

i've dealt with it all my life.

I lived in prince george's county for years. My family still lives there.

Doesn't change the fact that the martin family has their own grievences. They lost their son, and it's extremely insensitive to say they don't deserve a shot at justice and an answer to their questions because "people die every day". I've lost a brother before, and was told that very same thing, then we have the nerve to wonder why kids join gangs at 14 and become cold blooded killers. Why wouldn't they when they watch their loved ones die and are told "people die every day"...

thank you uptown!

Forum List

Back