U.S. Army: Troop morale falls in Afghanistan

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
NBC News and news services
updated 1 hour, 49 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Morale has fallen among soldiers in Afghanistan, where troops are seeing record violence in the 8-year-old war, while those in Iraq show much improved mental health amid much lower violence, the Army said Friday.

Soldier suicides in Iraq did not increase for the first time since 2004, according to a new study.

Though findings of two new battlefield surveys are similar in several ways to the last ones taken in 2007, they come at a time of intense scrutiny on Afghanistan as President Barack Obama struggles to come up with a new war strategy and planned troop buildup. There is also perhaps equal new attention focused on the mental health of the force since a shooting rampage at Fort Hood last week in which an Army psychiatrist is charged.

U.S. Army: Troop morale falls in Afghanistan - Military- msnbc.com

Duh!

Exactly.
What can anyone expect if the military is told "Wait until my political will is strong enough, then I might give you reinforcements, but I might run away and call it a strategic withdrawal or exit strategy or something," by the CIC.

yea yea and Bush putting them on back burner for 7 freaken years had nothing to do with it, it's all Obama's fault and in only 10 short months, go figure

I don't recall morale ever being high in a shooting war. Heck, it wasn't high in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, nor in Iraq.

This is a 'duh' article.

NBC News and news services
updated 1 hour, 49 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Morale has fallen among soldiers in Afghanistan, where troops are seeing record violence in the 8-year-old war, while those in Iraq show much improved mental health amid much lower violence, the Army said Friday.

Soldier suicides in Iraq did not increase for the first time since 2004, according to a new study.

Though findings of two new battlefield surveys are similar in several ways to the last ones taken in 2007, they come at a time of intense scrutiny on Afghanistan as President Barack Obama struggles to come up with a new war strategy and planned troop buildup. There is also perhaps equal new attention focused on the mental health of the force since a shooting rampage at Fort Hood last week in which an Army psychiatrist is charged.

U.S. Army: Troop morale falls in Afghanistan - Military- msnbc.com

Duh!

thanks for posting Willow. I was looking for this.

Forum List

Back