Two Yale Classmates: "Brett was a Sloppy Drunk"

WTF does Brett's drinking habits at Yale have to do with his qualifications for the USSC? He is more qualified than most of the sitting justices were. If the dems really want to sink Kavanaugh on a partisan basis, they better think about their chances for ever getting another dem appointed justice on the USSC, if its just about politics, and not qualifications.

Kavanagh was the most Combative, Most Non-Responsive, Most Partisan, and Least Truthful Witness I have Ever seen before any Congressional committee.
Now, for the first time, I think he's going down.

But Maybe he can be CEO of BUDWEISER.

Brett Kavanaugh: Former Yale classmates speak out after ‘choir boy’ Fox News interview

Former classmates of Brett Kavanagh call him a ‘sloppy, stumbling drunk’ after ‘choir boy’ interview

“Brett was a sloppy drunk, and I know because I drank with him. I watched him drink more than a lot of people. He'd end up slurring his words, stumbling,” said Ms Swisher, a Democrat and chief of the gynecologic oncology division at the University of Washington School of Medicine.

“There's no medical way I can say that he was blacked out. ... But it's not credible for him to say that he has had no memory lapses in the nights that he drank to excess.”

Lynne Brookes, who like Ms Swisher was a college roommate of one of the two women now accusing Mr Kavanaugh of misconduct, said the nominee's comments on Fox did not match the classmate she remembered.

“He's trying to paint himself as some kind of choir boy,” said Ms Brookes, a Republican and former pharmaceutical executive who recalled an encounter with a drunken Mr Kavanaugh at a fraternity event.

“You can't lie your way onto the Supreme Court, and with that statement out, he's gone too far. It's about the integrity of that institution.”
I watched the hearings. I think Pat Leahy slurred his words every time he spoke.
He's been doing that for a while. Either he's an alcoholic, or he's suffering some kind of brain damage.

Kavanagh was the most Combative, Most Non-Responsive, Most Partisan, and Least Truthful Witness I have Ever seen before any Congressional committee.

Brett Kavanaugh: Former Yale classmates speak out after ‘choir boy’ Fox News interview

Former classmates of Brett Kavanagh call him a ‘sloppy, stumbling drunk’ after ‘choir boy’ interview

“Brett was a sloppy drunk, and I know because I drank with him. I watched him drink more than a lot of people. He'd end up slurring his words, stumbling,” said Ms Swisher, a Democrat and chief of the gynecologic oncology division at the University of Washington School of Medicine.

“There's no medical way I can say that he was blacked out. ... But it's not credible for him to say that he has had no memory lapses in the nights that he drank to excess.”

Lynne Brookes, who like Ms Swisher was a college roommate of one of the two women now accusing Mr Kavanaugh of misconduct, said the nominee's comments on Fox did not match the classmate she remembered.

“He's trying to paint himself as some kind of choir boy,” said Ms Brookes, a Republican and former pharmaceutical executive who recalled an encounter with a drunken Mr Kavanaugh at a fraternity event.

“You can't lie your way onto the Supreme Court, and with that statement out, he's gone too far. It's about the integrity of that institution.”

Least Truthful Witness I have Ever seen before any Congressional committee.

Boy howdy but ain't that the truth.

I understand that most people are not as adept as I am at spotting deception signals but, good lord, Kavanaugh was screaming them. And the FBI investigation is going to focus on some key inconsistencies in his testimony. Perhaps the most critical, his constant parroting of the statement that "all four witnesses who were alleged to be at the event said it did not happen". That is not what they said, the three that have made public statements all said they did not RECALL the event. Not a single one made the claim that it did not happen.

Then there is his calendar. Am I the only one that thinks it is ironic, that the same people that refuse to believe Dr. Ford actually believe a Yale graduate would keep a handwritten calendar from high school for almost forty years? But taking that calendar at face values reveals a day when the incident could have occurred, July 1. It was a weekday, Thursday, and it indicated that three of the people Mrs. Ford claimed were at the party, were at the social gathering documented.

"I like beer". How many times did he say it? While watching it reminded me of that old country song, "I like beer". But to me, well "I like beer" is not an appropriate response to someone questioning you about rather you have drank to excess.

I don't really know what the FBI investigation is going to turn up but I can guarantee one think, it will show that Kavanaugh is a LIAR, which is probably why the Republicans fought so hard to keep it from happening.

Disagree. No one besides the "professor" can put Kavanaugh with her. There's nothing here. The fact Judge Kavanaugh likes beer is meaningless. The only thing that matters here is did he sexually assault the "professor". No one says he did except for the "professor". She looks a lot worse for wear than the Judge. Let's do an investigation on her drinking habits.

Least Truthful Witness I have Ever seen before any Congressional committee.

Boy howdy but ain't that the truth.

I understand that most people are not as adept as I am at spotting deception signals but, good lord, Kavanaugh was screaming them. And the FBI investigation is going to focus on some key inconsistencies in his testimony. Perhaps the most critical, his constant parroting of the statement that "all four witnesses who were alleged to be at the event said it did not happen". That is not what they said, the three that have made public statements all said they did not RECALL the event. Not a single one made the claim that it did not happen.

Then there is his calendar. Am I the only one that thinks it is ironic, that the same people that refuse to believe Dr. Ford actually believe a Yale graduate would keep a handwritten calendar from high school for almost forty years? But taking that calendar at face values reveals a day when the incident could have occurred, July 1. It was a weekday, Thursday, and it indicated that three of the people Mrs. Ford claimed were at the party, were at the social gathering documented.

"I like beer". How many times did he say it? While watching it reminded me of that old country song, "I like beer". But to me, well "I like beer" is not an appropriate response to someone questioning you about rather you have drank to excess.

I don't really know what the FBI investigation is going to turn up but I can guarantee one think, it will show that Kavanaugh is a LIAR, which is probably why the Republicans fought so hard to keep it from happening.

Disagree. No one besides the "professor" can put Kavanaugh with her. There's nothing here. The fact Judge Kavanaugh likes beer is meaningless. The only thing that matters here is did he sexually assault the "professor". No one says he did except for the "professor". She looks a lot worse for wear than the Judge. Let's do an investigation on her drinking habits.

His friend could place him there. He has not been questioned, only made a statement, a terse one and asked not to be questioned further. That in and of itself is a red flag considering the same person had no problem writing two books about his drinking and partying. And his calendar may very well place him at the party. But you are wrong, the sexual assault is not the only thing that matters. Kavanaugh LIES. He did in previous testimony and he most certainly did Thursday. That is an immediate disqualification for a SCOTUS judge.
Snowflakes believe everything is a red flag except all the obviously lies their heroine has told and even testified to under oath. If you don't recall, the heroine also did not want to testify.

The claim that Kavanaugh lies doesn't pass the laugh test. Every douchebag Democrat on that committee lies every time the open their mouths.

I watched the hearings. I think Pat Leahy slurred his words every time he spoke.
He's been doing that for a while. Either he's an alcoholic, or he's suffering some kind of brain damage.
Kavanagh didn't answer about 20% of the questions
He dodged.
`

The classmates who spoke against Kavanaugh are democrats. All democrats lie. These are no different.

Kavanaugh has 36 years of stellar history. That's what the confirmation is should be based on. Whatever is said about Kavanaugh will be said about the next guy. And the next after that.

He dodged.
`
They were questions that Democrat Senate scumbags had no business asking.

The classmates who spoke against Kavanaugh are democrats. All democrats lie. These are no different.

Kavanaugh has 36 years of stellar history. That's what the confirmation is should be based on. Whatever is said about Kavanaugh will be said about the next guy. And the next after that.
By "classmates" they mean lying partisan Democrats who happened to attend Yale at the same time as Kavanaugh. There's no evidence that any of them have even met Kavanaugh.

He dodged.
`
That's good, he shouldn't answer some of the dumb ass questions. They're traps. Every nominee doesn't answer some questions.

If you can lie your way to the presidency then you can lie your way to the Supreme Court.

Republicans like liars.

And they think men who are sex offenders are an example of a strong man.

Byrd was a Grand Kleagle, Blumenthal lied about his Vietnam service and Ted Kennedy left his pregnant girlfriend drown in the back of his car.

You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye. - Matt 7:5

If you can lie your way to the presidency then you can lie your way to the Supreme Court.

Republicans like liars.

And they think men who are sex offenders are an example of a strong man.

Better put some ice on that, deany

The Bill and Monica Love Theme

`
I think it's important to note the second woman mentioned (Lynne Brookes) is a Republican who was Supporting Kavanagh for the SC... until she saw him Lying about his Drinking.
`
When did she claim she supported Kavanaugh? I haven't seen any such thing.

So now heavy drinking on high school and college is a show stopper for the Supreme Court? Who will be eligible if that rule applies? The first thing republicans are going to do with a Democrat nominee is dig up anyone who knew the nominee in college and quiz them about their drinking.
That pretty much just leaves me and Trump as nominees.

All the non-drinkers are very much Republicans.

Have fun with a radical right wing court Democrats.

Use words with respect not in the confused and pedantic way you use words Paradox!
`
Sorry, no go. I've seen more and more directly obfuscated, insulting, demeaning and hateful things said from member to member here, I've unfortunately gotten used to it. Start with them first.
`
`

Isaac_Asimov_True30yearsagotruenow.jpg
Someone tell Asimov that America isn't a Democracy.....

I'm sorry. Are you back to his HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOK???

I'm going to ask you something before you go on. Is this a standard you want set for EVERYONE? Cory Booker has ADMITTED to sexually assaulting a girl in high school, you know. Kav has not. Maybe this was stupid and dumb high school talk; maybe it was not. It was high school.

Is this the standard for all, Old Lady? Do let us know....your people, we don't even have to go back to high school.
Cory Booker admittted it.

Kavanagh LIED under Oath to the Senate about his Drinking.

See the Dif Trumpkin?
`
What difference at this point does it make?

I'm going to ask you something before you go on. Is this a standard you want set for EVERYONE? Cory Booker has ADMITTED to sexually assaulting a girl in high school, you know. Kav has not. Maybe this was stupid and dumb high school talk; maybe it was not. It was high school.

Is this the standard for all, Old Lady? Do let us know....your people, we don't even have to go back to high school.
Cory Booker admittted it.

Kavanagh LIED under Oath to the Senate about his Drinking.

See the Dif Trumpkin?
`
What difference at this point does it make?

Just "bumps in the road"

The Dems REALLY looked like the New Puritans when they held up the giant picture of his yearbook.

Great move, Dems. The Repubs won't make hay of that but, even if out of office, Trump will. You will live to regret that. And I cannot wait. I can't wait.
Define the Renate Alumni, "Have you tried boofing yet?" and the Five F's and then explain how Kavanaugh was as "clean" as he insists he was.

It's about him taking responsibility for his actions, I think, Sue. I've said a few bazillion times in the past two weeks that based on what he is alleged to have done as a drunk teenager, I am not at all sure it should reflect on what he is like as an adult. But him taking responsibility for it, that's important if he's the boyscout he says he is.

Responsibility for drinking and getting drunk like every other teenager in their 20s? Perhaps we should have asked Sotomayor if she has a sober past and amend the Constitution to reflect that? I’m sure if Republicans accused of trying to paint her as drunk and disorderly anytime in her past, with a witness to come forth to testify of that when she was in college, we would have ALL KINDS of progressives calling Republicans “white men who attack women”. Only now it appears (like the boy who cried wolf) we have Progressives seeking women to smear a conservative male’s character. It’s the same tactic they used during the presidential campaign - WOW what a surprise!

UNTIL one of Mrs Ford’s witnesses she names in that room collaborated with her story, it’s just her word without proof. We are under a system of innocent until PROVEN guilty, without someone else confirming her story no crime has been committed and “in legal terms” Mr Kavanaugh is otherwise acquitted of any wrong doing. When the FBI confirms this, and their is no evidence with the secondary accuser, we close the door of further inquiry and it’s straight to an up or down vote. The Republicans and FBI have vetted this man more than any progressive nominee has ever been treated.

Soon the FBI will issue their supplementary report and all will be well. Every democrat will vote against Kav and every Repub will vote for him, based on his qualifications. If Flake and Collins and/or Murkowski vote against him, Trump should appoint Amy Coney Barrett next (even to replace RBG if Kav gets on)
This law professor and devout Catholic is on Trump’s shortlist for the Supreme Court vacancy
the dems would never beat up on a woman would they??? RBG got approved in 23 days, Barrett should easily beat that record.

Soon the FBI will issue their supplementary report and all will be well. Every democrat will vote against Kav and every Repub will vote for him, based on his qualifications. If Flake and Collins and/or Murkowski vote against him, Trump should appoint Amy Coney Barrett next (even to replace RBG if Kav gets on)
This law professor and devout Catholic is on Trump’s shortlist for the Supreme Court vacancy
the dems would never beat up on a woman would they??? RBG got approved in 23 days, Barrett should easily beat that record.

It’s a different time, more division, and more smear tactics than we ever imagined. This raises an important question - Where was the “me too” movement when it involved a White House intern and later Jennifer Flowers coming forward? Did we seek an FBI investigation? Where is this standard of involving the FBI when it comes to sexual allegations? Was John F Kennedy under one - ever? I believe when it came to President Clinton the response from democrats went something like, “it’s a personal matter, who cares, leave it alone.”
It’s rather interesting, this phony drama of disgust we are seeing from progressives today.

Forum List

Back