Two Words: Nuclear Option

You need to be worried about the independent vote, they represent 51% of the population and they came out in droves to support Brown in Massachusetts. They do a nuclear option and you will see not just anger but absolute rage from the American people.

Yes, because the Dem candidate was an idiot who called the Red Sox "Yankees Fans", and supposedly let a child rapist go free.

She was a fucking awful candidate.

And even without her being intensely bad, the Democratic party didn't even try to drum up support until a few days before the election. I'm on all the alert lists for elections, and I didn't even know who the candidate was until a week ago.

This is the time when we get to see "critical thinking" in action. I have no doubt that the dems will find a way to fuck themselves.

Are you kidding me? the Democrats already have "fucked" themselves and it only took them a year in power to do it, fortunately the didn't get to complete the job of "fucking" the rest of us in the process. :)

Wow, this is fascinating. You people are really jumping to put this notion down as fast as you can.

How interesting.

This is the time when we get to see "critical thinking" in action. I have no doubt that the dems will find a way to fuck themselves.

Are you kidding me? the Democrats already have "fucked" themselves and it only took them a year in power to do it, fortunately the didn't get to complete the job of "fucking" the rest of us in the process. :)

I'm not so sure. The Obama legacy is a national debt climbing fast. I don't know who is going to get back to fiscal sanity. I still want SS and Medicare fixed and all I see is a Debt headed for $20T. (it was $9T when he took office)

Wow, this is fascinating. You people are really jumping to put this notion down as fast as you can.

How interesting.

The very best thing Obama could do is burn both the house and the senate versions and start over with tort reform, opening competition, allow small business to group, promote HSA's with pre-tax dollars, promote catastrophic high deductible inexpensive plans., legislate for pre-exisitng conditions and portability and subsidize the poor which we already do in Medicaid. He does that and he could pass a comprehensive health care bill with 90% approval and bi-partisan support and look the hero. He won't, he's not that smart.

The Democrats sure were singing a different tune when they were in the minority and obstructing everything the GOP wanted to do.

Guess that is okay though, huh?
They always want to change the rules when it benefits them to do so.

They can't win playing fair.

I'm not so sure. The Obama legacy is a national debt climbing fast. I don't know who is going to get back to fiscal sanity. I still want SS and Medicare fixed and all I see is a Debt headed for $20T. (it was $9T when he took office)

Er.. our actual federal debt is over $119 TRILLION when you include our unfunded federal liabilities which is only logical since we don't have a savings account someplace with the money in it to cover those ( U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time ) and that's courtesy of both Democrats and Republicans, President Obama isn't the one that put us on a completely unsustainable (and totally insane) financial path all he has done is press on the accelerator.

How interesting.

The very best thing Obama could do is burn both the house and the senate versions and start over with tort reform, opening competition, allow small business to group, promote HSA's with pre-tax dollars, promote catastrophic high deductible inexpensive plans., legislate for pre-exisitng conditions and portability and subsidize the poor which we already do in Medicaid. He does that and he could pass a comprehensive health care bill with 90% approval and bi-partisan support and look the hero. He won't, he's not that smart.

How do you reconcile "Tort Reform" with States Rights and the Tenth Amendment? i.e. Shouldn't "Tort Reform" be a state and not a federal issue?

Two words (sorta): GOP landslide

I don't think so. I think that today's voters appreciate strength of character more than anything else, and abhor weakness.

I think the Democrats should just put the Nuclear Option through. Don't even debate it. Just make it happen.

I'm hoping the administration listens to your words of wisdom. :clap2:

You need to be worried about the independent vote, they represent 51% of the population and they came out in droves to support Brown in Massachusetts. They do a nuclear option and you will see not just anger but absolute rage from the American people.

Yes, because the Dem candidate was an idiot who called the Red Sox "Yankees Fans", and supposedly let a child rapist go free.

She was a fucking awful candidate.

And even without her being intensely bad, the Democratic party didn't even try to drum up support until a few days before the election. I'm on all the alert lists for elections, and I didn't even know who the candidate was until a week ago.

This wasn't about Coakley and her gaffs. This was about one of the bluest states in the union sending a message to DC. You can spin and dance all you want Vast, but Ma. didn't turn republican, they are still one of the bluest states in the union, they just had a message to send. I hope this is simple enough for you to understand.

How do you reconcile "Tort Reform" with States Rights and the Tenth Amendment? i.e. Shouldn't "Tort Reform" be a state and not a federal issue?

Yes. It should. This is one of the Republican positions I vehemently disagree with. While I recognize the need for some limited tort reform... we shouldn't forget that the possibility of litigation is the quality control mechanism on health services.

The federal government could certainly pass legislation regarding interstate litigation and on cases of a federal nature... but they should NOT be allowed to go into the States and "reform" state law. That said, the States should look to Texas and see the benefits of putting a halt to the "legal lotto".

Simple fixes like "loser pays" with court costs and legal fees limited to normal and customary might go a long way toward reining in runaway malpractice insurance. That, and an end to punitive awards. I never have been able to understand why civil courts are allowed to "punish" people who haven't been convicted of a crime. And frankly, actual damages can be quite costly all by themselves, certainly incentive enough for doctors to practice good medicine.

Last edited:
This wasn't about Coakley and her gaffs. This was about one of the bluest states in the union sending a message to DC. You can spin and dance all you want Vast, but Ma. didn't turn republican, they are still one of the bluest states in the union, they just had a message to send. I hope this is simple enough for you to understand.

What "message"??

What the hell are you even referring to? Health Care Reform?

Massachusetts has a more liberal health care program already in existence than what is being proposed.

How would you possibly imagine that the Coakley vote is about that? They wouldn't even be affected by it.

Senate Republicans don't even represent 40% of the nations population.

Due to the fact that most of them are from small population states, in total, Senate Republicans represent about 25% of the population.

The fact that representatives of 25% of the population can stop legislation from passing is disgusting.

It's time for the "Nuclear Option".

It's completely constitutional, and has been a long time in coming.

Hell, it should have happened in 1957, the first time it was proposed.

I dont think the republicans realizes how significant Brown winning is. Things will get good...:eusa_pray:

What "message"??

What the hell are you even referring to? Health Care Reform?

Massachusetts has a more liberal health care program already in existence than what is being proposed.

How would you possibly imagine that the Coakley vote is about that? They wouldn't even be affected by it.

I don't think these guys know this or they wouldn't keep repeating fox's talking points.

A lot...A LOT of Ma. people love their healthcare up there.

Forum List

Back