Two Voting Blocs

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The elderly and young adults constitute the two largest voting blocs in the country.

The elderly

An elderly American on Medicare, or Americans close to signing up after being forced into the program decades ago, would have to be crazy to vote for a Democrat. They wouldn’t vote for a Democrat out of party loyalty if the ballot read “The Affordable Care Act” in place of the Democrat’s name, and “Repeal The Affordable Care Act” in place of the Republican’s name. Even listing my suggestions beneath the names of the candidates on the ballot would do the trick. That ain’t going to happen, nor is there any media help on the way:

ObamaCare is the left’s ticket to power, as everlasting as power can be in politics. And because they are generally left-wing elitists, people in newsrooms across the land envision themselves with a place at the table when a tired republic finally acquiesces to rule by the intellectual superiors of the people.

We’re so close, the left can taste it.

Young adults are a different proposition. The elderly can see what is being done them. The young might not see it coming. So conservatives running for Congress must show young adults that they will pay a terrible price later in life if they do NOT help put enough people in Congress committed to repealing HillaryCare II in 2014 and in 2016:

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Independent Payment Advisory Board — the relatively tiny, incredibly powerful item in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that is designed, on purpose, to have dictatorial powers.

XXXXX

So maybe Congress ought to just scrap the IPAB before it can get rolling. Except that Congress can’t. The bill Congress passed (to find out what was in it) says the one and only time Congress can get rid of the IPAB is a three-month period in 2017, two years after the IPAB is to go into operation. And that would also require a three-fifths Senate vote.

Tort reform

Long before the ACA was passed I said that Americans better be damned careful about tort reform because trial lawyers are the only ones standing between the defenseless and the butchers. It’s worse than I suspected. The ACA incorporated tort reform designed to protect death panel butchers:

Fine. Forget Congress. Once the nature of the IPAB’s dictatorial mischief becomes apparent — with care being rationed to suit federal needs rather than patient needs, doctors refusing to work for the reimbursements the IPAB sets for them and the media explaining that former President Obama had no idea it would work out this way and that no one is more upset about it than he is — a thousand lawsuits will shut it down, right?

Wrong.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act says IPAB decisions are not subject to judicial review.

So, let’s recap. Here we have a 15-member board appointed by the president that will make life-and-death decisions about which treatments will be allowed to which kinds of patients and what the people involved will pay and be paid, and the board is a law unto itself. Congress has no practical way of stopping it and the courts can’t intervene in what it does.

ObamaCare does include a death panel, and the separation of powers is its first target
By Guest Column Kevin OBrien Thursday, January 23, 2014

ObamaCare does include a death panel, and the separation of powers is its first target

In plain English the government cannot be held accountable no matter what it does to Americans under the cover of HillaryCare II.

And you can be certain the High Court does not want to intervene in a law it said was constitutional —— except to incrementally expand the government’s dictatorial powers under the ACA just as it did under the Commerce Clause.

Article I, Section 8

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

NOTE: Americans who pay attention know about the harm the SCOTUS did domestically; few realize that outsourcing industries, disastrous trade policies, etc. are rooted in the court’s abuse of the Commerce Clause.

Barack Taqiyya’s job was to sell the ACA after Democrats in Congress forced it on country. He failed in spite of his boast:

Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.”

January 25, 2010
Berry: Obama said "big difference" between '10 and '94 is "me"

Berry: Obama said "big difference" between '10 and '94 is "me" - On Congress - POLITICO.com

If anything, Taqiyya the Liar not only forced congressional Democrats into the swamp, he dropped every one of them in a pit of quicksand. And talk about poetic justice! Democrats who actually wrote, passed, and still support the ACA will be run out of office while Taqiyya will dance off into the sunset telling himself he was a wonderful president.

Finally there is selling.

As far as I know, there is not one law in this country that outlaws selling. Even local communities cannot prohibit door-to-door selling. They can try, but such a law would be overturned before you can say “Avon calling.” Selling overrides private property rights. Ditto prohibiting bible-thumpers and charity hustlers from going door-to-door.

Many communities require door-to-door salespeople and solicitors to get a license. I suspect that a license requirement is only enforced in the wealthiest communities. Can you see a salesman, or a charity hustler, without a license ringing Bill Gates’ doorbell! In any event the poor are the biggest suckers for a sales pitch. That’s why they’re poor.

Print press never supported any law, or candidate, that hinted at reducing unethical sales techniques in any way. Never means never. Television picked up where print ended. Television promotes and protects government selling. Try to imagine a law that prohibits the government from selling the Affordable Care Act. It would take a constitutional amendment to strike down the government’s authority to sell. It’s complicated because the government sells by forcing Americans to buy.

Product sales are fairly easily to identify in TV advertising presented as news. Government sales are not so easy to see because they are usually wrapped in propaganda and/or a scare tactic.

Scare tactics are a good way to see how the government works because the cause or product must be sold while the monster is kicking down your door. Example: Get vaccinated for this or that or you’ll die. Looking back at a fright that never materializes exposes what the government was selling.

Once the government sells a bad product it’s usually too late to recall it. Let’s pray that will not be the case with HillaryCare II.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back