Two sides to every coin: Kim Davis

Here's the thing. We are a nation of laws. When we become a nation of men, we are done. Finished. The great experiment will fail. Kim Davis should still uphold her oath and obey the law, and we should hold that same expectation for all government officials instead of looking the other way when they don't.

Man should obey the law, not make the law obey man.

Heirarchy of law:

Supreme Law of the Land: US Constitution.

1st Amendment: Freedom of exercize of religion.

Problem for gays: "Gay" is a waffling behavior, not a static race.

Kim Davis is doing exactly what Jude 1 of the Bible tells her she must do or face eternity in the pit of fire. Jude 1 is a funny passage. It isn't ambivalent, it's very specific and dredges up an ancient Biblical law that God seems apparently fixated upon preserving even into the New Testament through the words of Jesus. Jude was Jesus's daily companion and in a position to really know what Jesus had in mind here. Jude said that Jesus taught "compassion" for gays, "making a difference" reaching out to them as individuals. However, Jude 1 was VERY CLEAR on making a distinct line between that and promoting their movement en masse as a new social trend. There a Christian must draw a very vivid line and refuse. To not do so isn't just a boo boo that your local priest can remedy at confession. It is a massive transgression against God so antithetical to God's plan that the transgressor's immortal soul is doomed forever.

When it comes to behaviors gaining foothold as a cult, God is pretty cut and dry on the remedy.

You have to love when this stuff can be thrown back at these self-righteous people putting down this lady and to think: it's ALL OVER a freaking piece of paper. here they say, throw her in jail and throw the key away. hell one person wanted to make an example of her. I had visions of them wanting to bury her in a hole up to her neck and stoning her to death, Our society has become hateful and downright vicious all over a piece of PAPER

Stephanie says -

"I had visions of them wanting to bury her in a hole up to her neck and stoning her to death..."

Her bible says she should be stoned to death for her actions: 4 marriages, bastard child, pregnant by one man while married to another ...

She's a hypocrite who believes in the Sanctity of Marriage and Marriage and Marriage and Marriage.

When Prop 8 was in effect in California, you had clerks outrightly ignoring the law by marrying gay couples. There were no consequences, but they violated the law nonetheless.

Link?

When the Supreme Court upheld the right of citizens to bear arms, clerks in Washington DC refused to issue gun permits. Once again, no consequences,

Link?

Not only was it ignored the court ordered it to be ignored. The will of the people once again overturned.

California court gives clerks OK to ignore state marriage amendment

The California Supreme Court on Tuesday said state clerks could continue issuing marriage licenses to gay couples. The court denied a San Diego clerk’s request to stay same-sex marriage licenses until the fate of Prop 8 is finally decided in state courts. The court previously denied a similar petition from the proponents of Proposition 8, the voter-passed state constitutional amendment that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Not only was it ignored the court ordered it to be ignored. The will of the people once again overturned.

Of course the California Supreme Court ordered Prop 8 to be ignored, it was ruled unconstitutional in Federal court and the SCOTUS allowed that decision to remain in effect.

A request to not issue same-sex marriage licenses should have been turned down.

>>>>

Of course the California Supreme Court ordered Prop 8 to be ignored, it was ruled unconstitutional in Federal court and the SCOTUS allowed that decision to remain in effect.

>>>>

Sigh, read the article, they were already issuing licenses before the SCOTUS ruling. If you folks want links then just ignore them then tell us so we don't waste time. Thanks.

When Prop 8 was in effect in California, you had clerks outrightly ignoring the law by marrying gay couples. There were no consequences, but they violated the law nonetheless. Liberals hailed them as heroes.

When the Supreme Court upheld the right of citizens to bear arms, clerks in Washington DC refused to issue gun permits. Once again, no consequences, and once again, they broke the law and liberals hailed it as an act of courage.

Those states which passed legislation legalizing marijuana did so in the face of established federal laws banning marijuana use. No consequences. None.

When Kate Steinle was murdered San Francisco, it was made clear that the city was one of dozens of "sanctuary cities" across America that do not enforce Federal immigration law. Once again, no consequences. No nothing. Someone died because of the willful noncompliance, because the city chose to let the murderer go instead of handing him over to federal custody. Yet liberals hail these kinds of places. Why?

And then ultimately there's Obama, who completely ignores the Supreme Court and therefore the US Constitution in general, and suffers no consequences for such behavior.

But when we get to the lowly clerk in Kentucky, suddenly the law applies. As it should. I happen to hold both sides accountable to the law. Laws are legal until they are struck down or stayed pending an appeal or what have you and anyone who is anyone should be made to obey the law. Not a difficult concept.

I know, I know, "in Nazi Germany, what Hitler did was legal" and all, but we are not nor will we ever be a country ruled by a genocidal megalomaniac. A great deal (but not all) of our laws are justified and rooted in precedent.

Here's the thing. We are a nation of laws. When we become a nation of men, we are done. Finished. The great experiment will fail. Kim Davis should still uphold her oath and obey the law, and we should hold that same expectation for all government officials instead of looking the other way when they don't.

The fundamental flaw in your argument is your fallacious tactic of confusing the action with the reason for the action.
You're claiming that lest one be considered hypocritical, one must either support or oppose all acts of defiance of the law,
regardless of the reasons for the acts.

>>>>

Sigh, read the article, they were already issuing licenses before the SCOTUS ruling. If you folks want links then just ignore them then tell us so we don't waste time. Thanks.

You can admire Martin Luther King for acts of civil disobedience without having to admire George Wallace for resisting integration in a similar manner.

Clerks have never been able to marry people. They were forced to issue gun permits. Federal authorities busted a lot of businesses that were legal by state law. Your crap about Obama is just stupid right wing hyperbole. None of the situations you mentioned were allowed to continue. She was warned what would happen just as the previously mentioned situations received warnings. Perhaps she should have done what the other clerks chose to do. Obey the law.

What about government officials who married gays when the law said they can't? Did you say the same thing? We both know you didn't

Clerks have never been able to marry people. They were forced to issue gun permits. Federal authorities busted a lot of businesses that were legal by state law. Your crap about Obama is just stupid right wing hyperbole. None of the situations you mentioned were allowed to continue. She was warned what would happen just as the previously mentioned situations received warnings. Perhaps she should have done what the other clerks chose to do. Obey the law.

What about government officials who married gays when the law said they can't? Did you say the same thing? We both know you didn't

What did the conservative anti-gay marriage crowd say?

All the same sex marriages sanctioned by Mayor Newsom in California were nulled and voided by the courts.

California Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriages Null And Void

Once again, the rule of law ultimately prevailed.
Yes it did,but the point ,that is the hypocrisy show by the left,you support for them is no different than the right supporting Davis at least be honest with yourself.

All the same sex marriages sanctioned by Mayor Newsom in California were nulled and voided by the courts.

Yes it did,but the point ,that is the hypocrisy show by the left,you support for them is no different than the right supporting Davis at least be honest with yourself.

You are correct...We support civil disobedience in the pursuit of good and oppose it in the pursuit of evil. :lol:

You are correct...We support civil disobedience in the pursuit of good and oppose it in the pursuit of evil. :lol:

So just don't pretend your issue is supporting the law, it clearly isn't. I think she should be fired, but my standards don't constantly change like yours do

So just don't pretend your issue is supporting the law, it clearly isn't. I think she should be fired, but my standards don't constantly change like yours do

Except it is. I do support the law. When those licenses issued by the gorgeous Gavin were nullified, the gay community didn't pitch a fit and fall into it like the RW nutters are doing...they filed suits, they won.

Lesson to be learned...(except the nutters will lose)

You have to love when this stuff can be thrown back at these self-righteous people putting down this lady and to think: it's ALL OVER a freaking piece of paper. here they say, throw her in jail and throw the key away. hell one person wanted to make an example of her. I had visions of them wanting to bury her in a hole up to her neck and stoning her to death, Our society has become hateful and downright vicious all over a piece of PAPER

Well, if you are having visions, they have medications for that.

Here's the thing, unlike bigoted bakers and florists, who might have a legal leg to stand on, Davis doesn't. The courts have ruled gay marriages are legal. She is required to issue marriage licenses to anyone who qualifies for them. That's her job, she is being paid by the people of Kentucky to do that.

She can issue the licenses.
She can resign her job if she can't reconcile her job duties with her belief in an imaginary sky fairy.
What she can't do is refuse to do her job.

I never support disobeying a law, I support changing ones I disagree with.
But you see dear, you aren't a majority. The reason people are heated about this gay-cult marriage crap is that we weren't consulted about the law changing. Your 5 pocket Justices forced that down everyone's throats.

Hey, isn't 2016 coming up here soon? Beware of the curse of unintended consequences... Jailing a Christian for their passive refusal to kneel at the rainbow altar is the icing on the cake.. Hope you didn't like any of the other good democratic platforms because they're all going to be put to death because of the new butt sex religion.

When Prop 8 was in effect in California, you had clerks outrightly ignoring the law by marrying gay couples. There were no consequences, but they violated the law nonetheless. Liberals hailed them as heroes.

When the Supreme Court upheld the right of citizens to bear arms, clerks in Washington DC refused to issue gun permits. Once again, no consequences, and once again, they broke the law and liberals hailed it as an act of courage.

Those states which passed legislation legalizing marijuana did so in the face of established federal laws banning marijuana use. No consequences. None.

When Kate Steinle was murdered San Francisco, it was made clear that the city was one of dozens of "sanctuary cities" across America that do not enforce Federal immigration law. Once again, no consequences. No nothing. Someone died because of the willful noncompliance, because the city chose to let the murderer go instead of handing him over to federal custody. Yet liberals hail these kinds of places. Why?

And then ultimately there's Obama, who completely ignores the Supreme Court and therefore the US Constitution in general, and suffers no consequences for such behavior.

But when we get to the lowly clerk in Kentucky, suddenly the law applies. As it should. I happen to hold both sides accountable to the law. Laws are legal until they are struck down or stayed pending an appeal or what have you and anyone who is anyone should be made to obey the law. Not a difficult concept.

I know, I know, "in Nazi Germany, what Hitler did was legal" and all, but we are not nor will we ever be a country ruled by a genocidal megalomaniac. A great deal (but not all) of our laws are justified and rooted in precedent.

All I had to do is do a quick search and found very quickly the true factual story. Just like most news there is a bit of truth and then everything is false for their own agenda..

I am not going to waste my time looking up everyone..

Francisco Lopez Sanchez was not let go after the murder, which your story to me makes it sound like . He is in jail and will never leave.

Undocumented immigrant to face San Francisco murder trial

Forum List

Back