Two scenarios on Trump-Russia investigators — and neither is comforting

except we can't find a valid reason to investigate trump except you don't like him.

all the rest of what you say is bullshit and unverifiable without emotions pushing them.

russia trolled the shit out of us. not illegal now is it? if so you'd be banned from this forum in seconds, dude.

we'll see what barr finds. my guess is you're about to start crying like a little girl who's hair got put into the inkwell.
Depending on which investigation your talking about I’d say the many trump lies that were told about Russia connections was adequate reason to investigate. Wouldn’t you?
i would say mueller looked for 2 years and came up without proof.

where is the proof he missed?

as for "the lies" - can you be specific?
You’re talking about two different things. Proof to indict is different than evidence to investigate. Trump and those around him lied nonstop about Russia connections, Flynn was even fired for getting caught lying to Pence who then spread that lie to the world. They lied about the trump tower meeting, they lied about the Trump hotel deal in Moscow, the list goes on. Take all the lies and the timing and justifications for firing Comey and you have plenty of reason to get Mueller involved, which was done, I might add, by Republicans.
list the lies. i'd like to be specific and not generalize one side vs the other.
Ice, I’m not trying to avoid your question but if you haven’t notice Trumps lies about Russia then I’m kinda speechless. There have been so many. First off there is Flynn’s lie, your not denying that one are you? Trump had to fire him for it. That was a large catalyst to the investigation. Now that we have the mueller report many more lies have been exposed. Here is a list of a few with detailed quotes... but this is just the tip of the you

5 Times the Mueller Report Showed Trump and His Associates Didn't Tell the Truth

"after issuing thousand of subpoenas and interviewing hundreds of witnesses..."

5 "lies".

this is why i want to be specific. TRUMP LIES / TRUMP IS RACIST / TRUMP IS WHATEVER have been poured upon to the point where generic insults are taken as fact. i'm not denying anything all at this point but i'm also not going to talk in a generic sense.

i've not seen you call out hillary or obama for their "lies" so it does come across as convenient to only push what trump said and dismiss the common factor among all politicians.

so if you want to talk about trump lies - i am in no way saying he doesn't, but i'm also not going to say 'wow, yea he lies you win' and forget the rest of our recent history. so talk about the specific lies and let's go.

if you just say "trump lies" then i'm just not sure what you want from me.

we have numerous questionable texts between members of our FBI
we have our DOJ dictating terminology to our FBI on what to call something because terminology carries specific counter-actions. so they edited their words based on leadership recommendations.
a presidential candidate who can't understand what *C* means on classified reports at her convenience
a presidential candidate who deletes 33k mails and uses technology to ensure there is "no recovery"
we have the lead of our DOJ meeting with the husband/former president of a presidential candidate in private while his wife, a candidate for President is being researched for a "matter".
we have several proven instances of the FBI spying on Congress illegally
we have a ukrainian connection that was feeding the dems info on trump
we have a president who knew of these activities by the russians for years and did nothing about it
the only time there was an interest in pursuing this "connection" was when it was politically convenient to put the crosshairs on trump.

and so much more.

now if trump lying about meetings is enough to launch an investigation, then please tell me how all the above is NOT when all of the above ends in said investigation of trump.
There was an investigation about the above. It would be fair to say that the imvestigation cost Clinton the presidency. Wrong doing was found. Criminality wasn’t.
wow.

same for trump then, huh? even wrong doing is questionable in this regard. my stance is if we allow ANY SIDE of our government to manufacture stories and "sell" them to an all too willing press to "validate" then we're screwed.

this isn't about trump to me in as much as what we allow our governments to do to us. so if the left / obama made shit up (and all those activities were not only hillary, mind you...) then we need to know. and if they did manufacture evidence then they need to be punished and the actions stopped from ANYONE doing it again.

if nothing is there, barr will find nothing and we can move on.

and again - hillary was "cleared" but *IF* lynch was changing terminology to change the goals / punishments of the investigation - wouldn't that be a party foul? she suddenly seems keen to let people know she did NOT say to use "matter". so she was cleared but look at all this shit around her just the same in what had to be done to do so.

trump got no such benefit that i saw from our various departments who were buying "insurance" policies to keep him from winning, or dealing with him if he does.

so we have our DOJ/FBI protecting hillary and attacking trump and i'm supposed to believe they're playing by the same set of rules?

can't do it.

Last edited:
Depending on which investigation your talking about I’d say the many trump lies that were told about Russia connections was adequate reason to investigate. Wouldn’t you?

You’re talking about two different things. Proof to indict is different than evidence to investigate. Trump and those around him lied nonstop about Russia connections, Flynn was even fired for getting caught lying to Pence who then spread that lie to the world. They lied about the trump tower meeting, they lied about the Trump hotel deal in Moscow, the list goes on. Take all the lies and the timing and justifications for firing Comey and you have plenty of reason to get Mueller involved, which was done, I might add, by Republicans.
list the lies. i'd like to be specific and not generalize one side vs the other.
Ice, I’m not trying to avoid your question but if you haven’t notice Trumps lies about Russia then I’m kinda speechless. There have been so many. First off there is Flynn’s lie, your not denying that one are you? Trump had to fire him for it. That was a large catalyst to the investigation. Now that we have the mueller report many more lies have been exposed. Here is a list of a few with detailed quotes... but this is just the tip of the you

5 Times the Mueller Report Showed Trump and His Associates Didn't Tell the Truth

5 "lies".

this is why i want to be specific. TRUMP LIES / TRUMP IS RACIST / TRUMP IS WHATEVER have been poured upon to the point where generic insults are taken as fact. i'm not denying anything all at this point but i'm also not going to talk in a generic sense.

i've not seen you call out hillary or obama for their "lies" so it does come across as convenient to only push what trump said and dismiss the common factor among all politicians.

so if you want to talk about trump lies - i am in no way saying he doesn't, but i'm also not going to say 'wow, yea he lies you win' and forget the rest of our recent history. so talk about the specific lies and let's go.

You haven’t seen me call out Obama because I wasn’t on this board when he was prez and now that he isn’t in office I don’t really see the point. I e called out plenty of Dems who lie and hyperbolize about Trump, which many do. But all that is besides the point unless you want to be complacent with our elected leaders lying to us. I sure as hell am not, I don’t care what party they identify with.

That article only listed 5 lies but we all know there were several more. How many times did he publicly say No Connections with Russians?! You also don’t know how much of that evidence they already had before mueller.

Trump acted like a dirty guy trying to hide something. How do you not see that?

I will say on the flip side that the mueller investigation was waaay to long and expensive. Especially for the results it yielded.

5 "lies".

You haven’t seen me call out Obama because I wasn’t on this board when he was prez and now that he isn’t in office I don’t really see the point. I e called out plenty of Dems who lie and hyperbolize about Trump, which many do. But all that is besides the point unless you want to be complacent with our elected leaders lying to us. I sure as hell am not, I don’t care what party they identify with.

That article only listed 5 lies but we all know there were several more. How many times did he publicly say No Connections with Russians?! You also don’t know how much of that evidence they already had before mueller.

I will say on the flip side that the mueller investigation was waaay to long and expensive. Especially for the results it yielded.
Like I said, I'm simply not going to debate generalities.

Hillary deleted shit and the doj/fbi covered it up. How can you not see that? That is what happens when you debate generalities.

we have numerous questionable texts between members of our FBI
we have our DOJ dictating terminology to our FBI on what to call something because terminology carries specific counter-actions. so they edited their words based on leadership recommendations.
a presidential candidate who can't understand what *C* means on classified reports at her convenience
a presidential candidate who deletes 33k mails and uses technology to ensure there is "no recovery"
we have the lead of our DOJ meeting with the husband/former president of a presidential candidate in private while his wife, a candidate for President is being researched for a "matter".
we have several proven instances of the FBI spying on Congress illegally
we have a ukrainian connection that was feeding the dems info on trump
we have a president who knew of these activities by the russians for years and did nothing about it
the only time there was an interest in pursuing this "connection" was when it was politically convenient to put the crosshairs on trump.

and so much more.

now if trump lying about meetings is enough to launch an investigation, then please tell me how all the above is NOT when all of the above ends in said investigation of trump.
There was an investigation about the above. It would be fair to say that the imvestigation cost Clinton the presidency. Wrong doing was found. Criminality wasn’t.
wow.

same for trump then, huh? even wrong doing is questionable in this regard. my stance is if we allow ANY SIDE of our government to manufacture stories and "sell" them to an all too willing press to "validate" then we're screwed.

this isn't about trump to me in as much as what we allow our governments to do to us. so if the left / obama made shit up (and all those activities were not only hillary, mind you...) then we need to know. and if they did manufacture evidence then they need to be punished and the actions stopped from ANYONE doing it again.

if nothing is there, barr will find nothing and we can move on.

and again - hillary was "cleared" but *IF* lynch was changing terminology to change the goals / punishments of the investigation - wouldn't that be a party foul? she suddenly seems keen to let people know she did NOT say to use "matter". so she was cleared but look at all this shit around her just the same in what had to be done to do so.

trump got no such benefit that i saw from our various departments who were buying "insurance" policies to keep him from winning, or dealing with him if he does.

so we have our DOJ/FBI protecting hillary and attacking trump and i'm supposed to believe they're playing by the same set of rules?

can't do it.
That’s exactly what’s happening to trump. Wrong doing was found. He lied and obstructed justice. It’s all laid out in Mueller's report. But criminality wasn’t found and he is still running the country.

The terminology thing isn’t a big deal to me, I get why they did that as using the original term would have lit a fire for right wing critics.

5 "lies".

Hillary deleted shit and the doj/fbi covered it up. How can you not see that? That is what happens when you debate generalities.
At this point it shouldn’t be a debate whether trump lied or not. The facts show that he did. My response to your OP is that when Trump lies and covers up and fires a lead investigator it triggers an investigation. It was started by a republican that he appointed and was validated by an FBI Director that he appointed.

5 "lies".

Hillary did delete shit and she was investigated and she was cleared. Don’t know what more I can say about it, I wasn’t a part of the investigation. I’m sorry you didn’t like the outcome

5 "lies".

Hillary did delete shit and she was investigated and she was cleared. Don’t know what more I can say about it, I wasn’t a part of the investigation. I’m sorry you didn’t like the outcome
yea, and the people who cleared her are lying also. we're seeing that come out.

it's got nothing to do with the outcome. i'm tired of all these investigations and revenge politics. but i'm not going to talk in "orange man bad, prove me wrong" type of generalities anymore. my citing clinton was a illustration of why that doesn't work, not a "wah we lost".

i can't point to a single politician who's not been busted for lying. par for the course. being selective in your rage about it seems to be where the battle lines get drawn.

5 "lies".

it's got nothing to do with the outcome. i'm tired of all these investigations and revenge politics. but i'm not going to talk in "orange man bad, prove me wrong" type of generalities anymore. my citing clinton was a illustration of why that doesn't work, not a "wah we lost".

i can't point to a single politician who's not been busted for lying. par for the course. being selective in your rage about it seems to be where the battle lines get drawn.
Equal rage for equal lies, I don’t discriminate. I didn’t vote for Clinton or Trump. Both did not earn my respect.

It’s ok to be critical of Trump for lying, he is the POTUS and supposed to represent our country. The whatabout Clinton arguments are not useful responses anymore

5 "lies".

Equal rage for equal lies, I don’t discriminate. I didn’t vote for Clinton or Trump. Both did not earn my respect.

It’s ok to be critical of Trump for lying, he is the POTUS and supposed to represent our country. The whatabout Clinton arguments are not useful responses anymore
those who forget the past...

5 "lies".

How about you prove that.

I hear Clinton was running a peodophile ring from the basement of a pizza joint...

The past is fine to remember and to refer to, but when the “whataboutisms” becomes the automatic response to criticism and are used to divert from or to dilute current actions then it because a counterproductive conversation

Any day now, we should start seeing the deep state conspirators rolling over to save themselves....
/——/This is why Nadler is hell bent on getting Trump’s financials. He needs to provide a distraction from the real investigation.

The past is fine to remember and to refer to, but when the “whataboutisms” becomes the automatic response to criticism and are used to divert from or to dilute current actions then it because a counterproductive conversation
They can be overplayed yes.

But that doesn't mean they don't have a place. When someone "gets away with something" the other side uses it as an excuse to do it too.

Outside that great, Trump lied. About what doesn't seem to be relevant so I'll just ask to what point does it matter?

Mad he's in office?
Should be impeached for these "lies"

Where are you going with this?

to sum up attkisson's article, she says they either knew what they were doing and didn't work hard to cover it up because they never thought trump would win. when he did the cover up began.

maybe an "insurance" plan???

-OR-

they made mistakes a novice wouldn't make time and time again.

LOL....derp.
So, if they never thought Trump would win, then why "spy" on him in the first place?

I believe it was a combination of both lack of intelligence and a deliberate attempt to spy on Trump.

Some saw only what they wanted to see. They believed that 44 was quiltless no matter what and that Hillary would be president especially with the help they were willing to provide. In their eyes that help was justified no matter how far outside the realm of normal behavior they went.
i think the desire to spy on trump led to doing things they knew better but figured no one would ever be around to check.
I truly tremble to think how things would be now, had they got away with it.

The treatment of James Rosen, Sharyl Attkisson, and the AP would pale in comparison to what would be going on today.
i'd like to think that mattered.

we hear how trump abuses the media. he does. but he does it out in the open for all to see. i've not heard of him spying on anyone at this point.

we hear about obamas camp doing that all the time to attkisson, congress, anyone they felt was a threat to them.

i don't give a shit about trump and the like. i give a shit we've lost our way collectively to where these actions somehow went from a crime to excused cause we don't like you, ergo deserved.

if people don't like you, bad things being done to you doesn't get their attention unless you have the capability to see the picture as a whole in that letting that go for 1 segment only means sooner or later it WILL hit you.

and i imagine they won't like it then but too late.
actually what it is, is that a difference of opinion is hate to the left.

d65dffae90f7d14b93d067152f88eb4e109bbe0359ef175a806a8be3665a8997.jpeg

But that doesn't mean they don't have a place. When someone "gets away with something" the other side uses it as an excuse to do it too.

Outside that great, Trump lied. About what doesn't seem to be relevant so I'll just ask to what point does it matter?

Mad he's in office?

Don’t think he should be impeached but I definitely think he should lose the next election in a landslide and he should be called out on his BS.

I think the investigations went overboard but I also think they were justified and fueled by lies and obstructive behavior. The Russia thing is over in my eyes. I said since the day the report came out the Dems shouldn’t go too hard on the obstruction stuff. Yes it’s there but it isn’t criminal. Just like the Clinton stuff. Move on

At the end of the day, when the Russian sabotage in favor of Trump was discovered, America should have let the attacks continue without investigation. We should have never looked into the guy who the sabotage campaign directly benefitted, who also happens to have deep financial ties to Russia and who’s top officials were outed as criminals.
except we can't find a valid reason to investigate trump except you don't like him.

all the rest of what you say is bullshit and unverifiable without emotions pushing them.

russia trolled the shit out of us. not illegal now is it? if so you'd be banned from this forum in seconds, dude.

we'll see what barr finds. my guess is you're about to start crying like a little girl who's hair got put into the inkwell.

The origins of the investigation aren't a secret, dope.

Mad he's in office?

Don’t think he should be impeached but I definitely think he should lose the next election in a landslide and he should be called out on his BS.

I think the investigations went overboard but I also think they were justified and fueled by lies and obstructive behavior. The Russia thing is over in my eyes. I said since the day the report came out the Dems shouldn’t go too hard on the obstruction stuff. Yes it’s there but it isn’t criminal. Just like the Clinton stuff. Move on
if lying means the candidate loses in a landslide, no one would ever win again. that is the crux of my point. would be interesting to see if the dems can trot out someone whose never lied, or been accused of lying (and accusing these days seems to be more than enough)

i do not believe the investigations were justified. i believe they were 100% political and a cover up. we'll see what barr has to say.

Forum List

Back