Two scenarios on Trump-Russia investigators — and neither is comforting

I believe it was a combination of both lack of intelligence and a deliberate attempt to spy on Trump.

Some saw only what they wanted to see. They believed that 44 was quiltless no matter what and that Hillary would be president especially with the help they were willing to provide. In their eyes that help was justified no matter how far outside the realm of normal behavior they went.
i think the desire to spy on trump led to doing things they knew better but figured no one would ever be around to check.
I truly tremble to think how things would be now, had they got away with it.

The treatment of James Rosen, Sharyl Attkisson, and the AP would pale in comparison to what would be going on today.
i'd like to think that mattered.

we hear how trump abuses the media. he does. but he does it out in the open for all to see. i've not heard of him spying on anyone at this point.

we hear about obamas camp doing that all the time to attkisson, congress, anyone they felt was a threat to them.

i don't give a shit about trump and the like. i give a shit we've lost our way collectively to where these actions somehow went from a crime to excused cause we don't like you, ergo deserved.

if people don't like you, bad things being done to you doesn't get their attention unless you have the capability to see the picture as a whole in that letting that go for 1 segment only means sooner or later it WILL hit you.

and i imagine they won't like it then but too late.
actually what it is, is that a difference of opinion is hate to the left.
great. and to a part i would agree. but i won't engage in the same tactics i make fun of and try to pretend it's ok for me to do what i just said was stupid for the sole reason *I* happen to be doing it.

aka - birthers are stupid. how could obama get past all that vetting and not be born in hawaii!!!
then - trump doesn't pay taxes! let's pretend that same vetting process missed this one!!!

and yes - the right does the same shit.

Equal rage for equal lies, I don’t discriminate. I didn’t vote for Clinton or Trump. Both did not earn my respect.

It’s ok to be critical of Trump for lying, he is the POTUS and supposed to represent our country. The whatabout Clinton arguments are not useful responses anymore
those who forget the past...
The past is fine to remember and to refer to, but when the “whataboutisms” becomes the automatic response to criticism and are used to divert from or to dilute current actions then it because a counterproductive conversation
They can be overplayed yes.

But that doesn't mean they don't have a place. When someone "gets away with something" the other side uses it as an excuse to do it too.

Outside that great, Trump lied. About what doesn't seem to be relevant so I'll just ask to what point does it matter?

Mad he's in office?
Should be impeached for these "lies"

Where are you going with this?
Don’t think he should be impeached but I definitely think he should lose the next election in a landslide and he should be called out on his BS.

I think the investigations went overboard but I also think they were justified and fueled by lies and obstructive behavior. The Russia thing is over in my eyes. I said since the day the report came out the Dems shouldn’t go too hard on the obstruction stuff. Yes it’s there but it isn’t criminal. Just like the Clinton stuff. Move on
if lying means the candidate loses in a landslide, no one would ever win again. that is the crux of my point. would be interesting to see if the dems can trot out someone whose never lied, or been accused of lying (and accusing these days seems to be more than enough)

i do not believe the investigations were justified. i believe they were 100% political and a cover up. we'll see what barr has to say.
The integrity of ones character is important to me when electing a leader. We each have our own criteria. Trump has the lowest standards and is the most dishonest person I’ve seen in a long time and I think he deserves to be scrutinized for it. Anybody who lies should be called out as well.

At the end of the day, when the Russian sabotage in favor of Trump was discovered, America should have let the attacks continue without investigation. We should have never looked into the guy who the sabotage campaign directly benefitted, who also happens to have deep financial ties to Russia and who’s top officials were outed as criminals.
except we can't find a valid reason to investigate trump except you don't like him.

all the rest of what you say is bullshit and unverifiable without emotions pushing them.

russia trolled the shit out of us. not illegal now is it? if so you'd be banned from this forum in seconds, dude.

we'll see what barr finds. my guess is you're about to start crying like a little girl who's hair got put into the inkwell.
Depending on which investigation your talking about I’d say the many trump lies that were told about Russia connections was adequate reason to investigate. Wouldn’t you?
i would say mueller looked for 2 years and came up without proof.

where is the proof he missed?

as for "the lies" - can you be specific?
You’re talking about two different things. Proof to indict is different than evidence to investigate. Trump and those around him lied nonstop about Russia connections, Flynn was even fired for getting caught lying to Pence who then spread that lie to the world. They lied about the trump tower meeting, they lied about the Trump hotel deal in Moscow, the list goes on. Take all the lies and the timing and justifications for firing Comey and you have plenty of reason to get Mueller involved, which was done, I might add, by Republicans.
list the lies. i'd like to be specific and not generalize one side vs the other.
list the lies. i'd like to be specific and not generalize one side vs the other.

Seriously?

already i can hear the pro-obama crowd coming in to say what a dumbass attkisson is - but show me another reporter out there who goes by facts and trails vs cheering one section on over another.

we'll see what comes out of this and i hope anyone who broke the law is brought to justice. don't really care about their reasons or feelz - the laws were not written to take those into account so nothing else should take that into consideration either.

great. you hate. now stop breaking the law to show off your hate.

there better damn well be some verifiable link to what started the russia narrative. if it was just politics in play, jail those who were involved.
Russia! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!

to sum up attkisson's article, she says they either knew what they were doing and didn't work hard to cover it up because they never thought trump would win. when he did the cover up began.

maybe an "insurance" plan???

-OR-

they made mistakes a novice wouldn't make time and time again.
Power lust and hubris do strange things to people.
you get to the point where you "feel" you're right and the laws that would stop you are meant for others, not you. you just KNOW you're right.

if they knowingly broke laws - jail 'em. jail every single one.
if they're too stupid to do their jobs, fire them all and figure out how we hired so many dumbasses in our government.

ok - that would be a tall order. :)
I don't even believe that this is about "knowing" you're right....This is the kind of blind despotic power lust that institutions like FISA and the Patriot Act draw to it, like moths to a flame....Those who know me know I warned of this shit back in 2001, when the mad scramble to shove all this crap up the nation's collective ass in the wake of 9/11™ ensued.

F.A. Hayek warned us all back in the 1940s....

Why the Worst Get on Top | F. A. Hayek
FISA and The Patriot Act are Illegal and need to be Abolished!

I believe it was a combination of both lack of intelligence and a deliberate attempt to spy on Trump.

Some saw only what they wanted to see. They believed that 44 was quiltless no matter what and that Hillary would be president especially with the help they were willing to provide. In their eyes that help was justified no matter how far outside the realm of normal behavior they went.
i think the desire to spy on trump led to doing things they knew better but figured no one would ever be around to check.

The treatment of James Rosen, Sharyl Attkisson, and the AP would pale in comparison to what would be going on today.

we hear how trump abuses the media. he does. but he does it out in the open for all to see. i've not heard of him spying on anyone at this point.

we hear about obamas camp doing that all the time to attkisson, congress, anyone they felt was a threat to them.

i don't give a shit about trump and the like. i give a shit we've lost our way collectively to where these actions somehow went from a crime to excused cause we don't like you, ergo deserved.

if people don't like you, bad things being done to you doesn't get their attention unless you have the capability to see the picture as a whole in that letting that go for 1 segment only means sooner or later it WILL hit you.

great. and to a part i would agree. but i won't engage in the same tactics i make fun of and try to pretend it's ok for me to do what i just said was stupid for the sole reason *I* happen to be doing it.

aka - birthers are stupid. how could obama get past all that vetting and not be born in hawaii!!!
then - trump doesn't pay taxes! let's pretend that same vetting process missed this one!!!

again, being president one must be a citizen, therefore proof of birth in the US is required. Not sure how anyone does that, but why would someone question this if obammy presented a birth certificate? He didn't, can you acknowledge that? And therefore, the next question is why?

Tax returns are not required to be president. i give two shits the financials. I don't. Tax returns tell one nothing. Not a damn fking thing.

so your analogy is apples and oranges.

Now does the right at times do what the left does? yep, do you blame them after years of getting it in the puss?

The left are mere evil and the right get bitch slapped repeatedly by them, it continues today, trump being slapped down by an obammy federal judge, purely outside of the scope of congress, and yet? yeah, there is no comparison, the left are evil fkers who live off the bile of others.

already i can hear the pro-obama crowd coming in to say what a dumbass attkisson is - but show me another reporter out there who goes by facts and trails vs cheering one section on over another.

we'll see what comes out of this and i hope anyone who broke the law is brought to justice. don't really care about their reasons or feelz - the laws were not written to take those into account so nothing else should take that into consideration either.

there better damn well be some verifiable link to what started the russia narrative. if it was just politics in play, jail those who were involved.
You’re an insane hack

The past is fine to remember and to refer to, but when the “whataboutisms” becomes the automatic response to criticism and are used to divert from or to dilute current actions then it because a counterproductive conversation

But that doesn't mean they don't have a place. When someone "gets away with something" the other side uses it as an excuse to do it too.

Outside that great, Trump lied. About what doesn't seem to be relevant so I'll just ask to what point does it matter?

Mad he's in office?

Don’t think he should be impeached but I definitely think he should lose the next election in a landslide and he should be called out on his BS.

I think the investigations went overboard but I also think they were justified and fueled by lies and obstructive behavior. The Russia thing is over in my eyes. I said since the day the report came out the Dems shouldn’t go too hard on the obstruction stuff. Yes it’s there but it isn’t criminal. Just like the Clinton stuff. Move on
if lying means the candidate loses in a landslide, no one would ever win again. that is the crux of my point. would be interesting to see if the dems can trot out someone whose never lied, or been accused of lying (and accusing these days seems to be more than enough)

i do not believe the investigations were justified. i believe they were 100% political and a cover up. we'll see what barr has to say.
The integrity of ones character is important to me when electing a leader. We each have our own criteria. Trump has the lowest standards and is the most dishonest person I’ve seen in a long time and I think he deserves to be scrutinized for it. Anybody who lies should be called out as well.
what is it about his character? explain your position. is it any different than slick willie? and if not, why did you vote for him?

You’re an insane hack

While you still wish ()vomit was president.

Even with what's come out.

Even after what hasn't come out ...

… comes out.

iow - hack

At the end of the day, when the Russian sabotage in favor of Trump was discovered, America should have let the attacks continue without investigation. We should have never looked into the guy who the sabotage campaign directly benefitted, who also happens to have deep financial ties to Russia and who’s top officials were outed as criminals.

We should have dismissed his overtures to Russia and secret meetings with Russians as innocent fun.
This is Russian Sabotage?

Do you smoke Peyote?

Hillary did delete shit and she was investigated and she was cleared. Don’t know what more I can say about it, I wasn’t a part of the investigation. I’m sorry you didn’t like the outcome
yea, and the people who cleared her are lying also. we're seeing that come out.

it's got nothing to do with the outcome. i'm tired of all these investigations and revenge politics. but i'm not going to talk in "orange man bad, prove me wrong" type of generalities anymore. my citing clinton was a illustration of why that doesn't work, not a "wah we lost".

i can't point to a single politician who's not been busted for lying. par for the course. being selective in your rage about it seems to be where the battle lines get drawn.
Equal rage for equal lies, I don’t discriminate. I didn’t vote for Clinton or Trump. Both did not earn my respect.

It’s ok to be critical of Trump for lying, he is the POTUS and supposed to represent our country. The whatabout Clinton arguments are not useful responses anymore

Mad he's in office?

Iceberg. The proof of what was going on came out accidently, and the Left is screwed. Don't let the Leftists dissuade you!

Here is how it happened, and you can look it up, and see I am 100% accurate!

When the House and Senate intel committees wanted a CERTAIN document from the FBI for 2 years, it was hidden away. It was typed notes from a state department person, who 10 days BEFORE the 1st FISA, interviewed Steele. After the meeting, she was skeptical, and e-mailed many of the heads of the FBI, and CIA. These e-mails were NEVER allowed to come to light since this investigation began.

Some in the GOP knew of these typewritten, e-mails, and DEMANDED they turn them over, only to have the FBI CLASSIFY these E-MAILS as top secret, not to be released for over 25 years...……...and this was done in MARCH of THIS year!

But, they made a MISTAKE when doing it! They only classified the type written notes that were e-mailed. They thought they were covered. By the way, these notes were NOT to be released until 2047, and I didn't mis-type the year!

So this is how it came down------------> Somebody; and nobody has said who...…..had the HAND WRITTEN NOTES that I believe her name was Kavelick, took! Those were NOT covered under the SECRET classification. Sooooooooooooo, this person took them to CERTAIN GOP people, who made copies, and sent them out to JOURNALISTS who had been doing accurate reporting in the press on what was really going on, and told them to keep a lid on it as the FBI would try and CLASSIFY the hand written notes, if they found out of their existence.

So what was the MAIN thing they found out?

Well, that Steele told Kavelick, that he had RUSSIAN SOURCES. One of them was a General in RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE, that was Putins right hand guy. The other was called the SILVER FOX in Russia, because of his manipulation of MEDIA, lol. So you see, there was RUSSIAN COLLUSION, and it was by Steele, in the employ of Fusion GPS, which was paid by HILLARY!

What else did Kavelick say in the note?

Well, Steele insisted that the whole COLLUSION between Trump and Russia, was being run through Mira Lago in Florida, as he was receiving information from the Russian consulate in Miami!

Being in the state Department, she KNEW that there WAS NO RUSSIAN CONSULATE IN MIAMI! So she sent ALL of this info on to the heads of the FBI, and the rest of the alphabet agencies, at least 8 days BEFORE the 1st FISA...………….in essence, telling them that Steele was full of poop! They STILL used his information, to get the FISA, and marked the information, VERIFIED!

If you doubt what I just posted, look it up! Why do you think the GOP has gotten so rabid, and the Democrats are trying EVERYTHING to keep the narrative going, lol. They now know MOST of what happened, and the GOP is just closing the loop on who did what, when, how, and why!

The LEFT IS SCREWED, take it to the bank and cash that check! There is more also, but that information is enough to get you looking, and you will understand totally WHY the Left is panicking, and doing everything they can NOW, cause it won't be much longer, and they are going to be sinking faster than the Titanic-)

Mad he's in office?

i understand that.

trump is far from "cooth" and loves to stir shit up.

but from what i've seen from hillary, she was a lot worse and i did NOT like where "progressive democrats / socialists" wish to take this country.

now *if* she is guilty in all this, suddenly her integrity would come into serious question. many who already believe her in my opinion simply don't want to think otherwise or think that she could be covering things up.

now - the entire list i put up of what the obama/clinton camp did that you pretty much blew off as business as usual, would you blow it off if trump,

someone you believe has zero character, deleted 33k mails while under investigation?
if his wife met with the head of the DOJ on a tarmac while he was "under investigation"?
knew another country was jacking with us for 2 years but only brought it up after losing an election?

if your answer changes, or defenses come up, then i question the baseline for what you need that answer to be.

again, being president one must be a citizen, therefore proof of birth in the US is required. Not sure how anyone does that, but why would someone question this if obammy presented a birth certificate? He didn't, can you acknowledge that? And therefore, the next question is why?

Tax returns are not required to be president. i give two shits the financials. I don't. Tax returns tell one nothing. Not a damn fking thing.

Now does the right at times do what the left does? yep, do you blame them after years of getting it in the puss?

The left are mere evil and the right get bitch slapped repeatedly by them, it continues today, trump being slapped down by an obammy federal judge, purely outside of the scope of congress, and yet? yeah, there is no comparison, the left are evil fkers who live off the bile of others.
not going to play "lets split the hairs my way"

in either case you're relying on the vetting process to fail. either by the election process or the IRS.

all i'm saying. if you wanna dovetail off to elsewhere, have fun but i am not going to try and defend things i am not saying cause you took it there.

yea, and the people who cleared her are lying also. we're seeing that come out.

it's got nothing to do with the outcome. i'm tired of all these investigations and revenge politics. but i'm not going to talk in "orange man bad, prove me wrong" type of generalities anymore. my citing clinton was a illustration of why that doesn't work, not a "wah we lost".

i can't point to a single politician who's not been busted for lying. par for the course. being selective in your rage about it seems to be where the battle lines get drawn.

Mad he's in office?

Iceberg. The proof of what was going on came out accidently, and the Left is screwed. Don't let the Leftists dissuade you!

Here is how it happened, and you can look it up, and see I am 100% accurate!

When the House and Senate intel committees wanted a CERTAIN document from the FBI for 2 years, it was hidden away. It was typed notes from a state department person, who 10 days BEFORE the 1st FISA, interviewed Steele. After the meeting, she was skeptical, and e-mailed many of the heads of the FBI, and CIA. These e-mails were NEVER allowed to come to light since this investigation began.

Some in the GOP knew of these typewritten, e-mails, and DEMANDED they turn them over, only to have the FBI CLASSIFY these E-MAILS as top secret, not to be released for over 25 years...……...and this was done in MARCH of THIS year!

But, they made a MISTAKE when doing it! They only classified the type written notes that were e-mailed. They thought they were covered. By the way, these notes were NOT to be released until 2047, and I didn't mis-type the year!

So this is how it came down------------> Somebody; and nobody has said who...…..had the HAND WRITTEN NOTES that I believe her name was Kavelick, took! Those were NOT covered under the SECRET classification. Sooooooooooooo, this person took them to CERTAIN GOP people, who made copies, and sent them out to JOURNALISTS who had been doing accurate reporting in the press on what was really going on, and told them to keep a lid on it as the FBI would try and CLASSIFY the hand written notes, if they found out of their existence.

So what was the MAIN thing they found out?

Well, that Steele told Kavelick, that he had RUSSIAN SOURCES. One of them was a General in RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE, that was Putins right hand guy. The other was called the SILVER FOX in Russia, because of his manipulation of MEDIA, lol. So you see, there was RUSSIAN COLLUSION, and it was by Steele, in the employ of Fusion GPS, which was paid by HILLARY!

What else did Kavelick say in the note?

Well, Steele insisted that the whole COLLUSION between Trump and Russia, was being run through Mira Lago in Florida, as he was receiving information from the Russian consulate in Miami!

Being in the state Department, she KNEW that there WAS NO RUSSIAN CONSULATE IN MIAMI! So she sent ALL of this info on to the heads of the FBI, and the rest of the alphabet agencies, at least 8 days BEFORE the 1st FISA...………….in essence, telling them that Steele was full of poop! They STILL used his information, to get the FISA, and marked the information, VERIFIED!

If you doubt what I just posted, look it up! Why do you think the GOP has gotten so rabid, and the Democrats are trying EVERYTHING to keep the narrative going, lol. They now know MOST of what happened, and the GOP is just closing the loop on who did what, when, how, and why!

The LEFT IS SCREWED, take it to the bank and cash that check! There is more also, but that information is enough to get you looking, and you will understand totally WHY the Left is panicking, and doing everything they can NOW, cause it won't be much longer, and they are going to be sinking faster than the Titanic-)
maybe.

but i 100% believe that we go into these investigations with our own minds made up and any outcome that doesn't go with what we thought going in must be protested.

enough of that shit. wait for the investigation before deciding what to do. i believe the left is wrong here and taking us to bad places. they believe we are. do we just investigate or say fuck it and break out the weapons of choice and go to war?

to sum up attkisson's article, she says they either knew what they were doing and didn't work hard to cover it up because they never thought trump would win. when he did the cover up began.

maybe an "insurance" plan???

-OR-

they made mistakes a novice wouldn't make time and time again.
Power lust and hubris do strange things to people.
you get to the point where you "feel" you're right and the laws that would stop you are meant for others, not you. you just KNOW you're right.

if they knowingly broke laws - jail 'em. jail every single one.
if they're too stupid to do their jobs, fire them all and figure out how we hired so many dumbasses in our government.

ok - that would be a tall order. :)
I don't even believe that this is about "knowing" you're right....This is the kind of blind despotic power lust that institutions like FISA and the Patriot Act draw to it, like moths to a flame....Those who know me know I warned of this shit back in 2001, when the mad scramble to shove all this crap up the nation's collective ass in the wake of 9/11™ ensued.

F.A. Hayek warned us all back in the 1940s....

Why the Worst Get on Top | F. A. Hayek
btw - great read. thanks for sharing how far back what we think are "todays" problems actually go.

There are other possibilities that don't fit her either/or scenario. My impression is that she didn't even bother to read the Mueller what the Mueller Report said on the connections between the Trump Campaign and the Russians. He did not say that there was no co-ordination between the campaign and the Russians, he said there was no evidence that the Trump people knew that Guccifer2.0 was a GRU agent. The Trump Campaign was willing and eager to work with the Russian government, but the Russians considered them to be dangerous amateurs and there is not enough evidence to lay charges of a criminal conspiracy.

The writer ignores all of this and says there is no coordination, which simply isn't true, and her refusal to acknowledge the dreadful behaviour of the Trump Campaign in lying to the American people about all things having to do with Russia, as well as the attempts by Trump to stonewall the continuing investigation and undermine the rule of law, continues to further the goals and aims of Vladimir Putin.

Trump is begging for the Democrats to impeach him, and he has ramped up his obstruction of justice to levels never seen to make it happen. Trump is no Bill Clinton. He hasn't been falsely accused and pursued by Democrats since he took office, he's been pursued and investigated by Republicans. Clinton was a popular president with a strong, robust economy, a balanced budget, programs benefitting ALL the American people, not just the wealthy, and rights for all. Trump is a deeply unpopular President, who is a national embarassment, who has eroded America's standing on the world stage, and who has failed to keep his promises to American workers, in regards to health care, the economy for working people, on wages, on tax reform which only benefitted the wealthy, on infrastructure, on education.

And the Mueller Report shows that Trump eagerly accepted help from Russia, lied about it, and attempted to obstruct the investigation. Relentlessly. Hardly a lie about a blow job.

There are other possibilities that don't fit her either/or scenario. My impression is that she didn't even bother to read the Mueller what the Mueller Report said on the connections between the Trump Campaign and the Russians. He did not say that there was no co-ordination between the campaign and the Russians, he said there was no evidence that the Trump people knew that Guccifer2.0 was a GRU agent. The Trump Campaign was willing and eager to work with the Russian government, but the Russians considered them to be dangerous amateurs and there is not enough evidence to lay charges of a criminal conspiracy.

The writer ignores all of this and says there is no coordination, which simply isn't true, and her refusal to acknowledge the dreadful behaviour of the Trump Campaign in lying to the American people about all things having to do with Russia, as well as the attempts by Trump to stonewall the continuing investigation and undermine the rule of law, continues to further the goals and aims of Vladimir Putin.

Trump is begging for the Democrats to impeach him, and he has ramped up his obstruction of justice to levels never seen to make it happen. Trump is no Bill Clinton. He hasn't been falsely accused and pursued by Democrats since he took office, he's been pursued and investigated by Republicans. Clinton was a popular president with a strong, robust economy, a balanced budget, programs benefitting ALL the American people, not just the wealthy, and rights for all. Trump is a deeply unpopular President, who is a national embarassment, who has eroded America's standing on the world stage, and who has failed to keep his promises to American workers, in regards to health care, the economy for working people, on wages, on tax reform which only benefitted the wealthy, on infrastructure, on education.

And the Mueller Report shows that Trump eagerly accepted help from Russia, lied about it, and attempted to obstruct the investigation. Relentlessly. Hardly a lie about a blow job.
so one of the top investigative reporters on the planet who is well known for "old school" journalism didn't do her homework.

gu-fucking-faw.

in either case you're relying on the vetting process to fail. either by the election process or the IRS.

all i'm saying. if you wanna dovetail off to elsewhere, have fun but i am not going to try and defend things i am not saying cause you took it there.
ah no, you know I'm right, if not most all of the colleges wouldn't be leftist leaning, public schools all leftist leaning. No, they are not the same. I don't care what you think, I know!!! you play your message board game, dude I don't care. facts are merely facts. you choose to ignore them ain't gonna change my thinking at all.

ah no, you know I'm right, if not most all of the colleges wouldn't be leftist leaning, public schools all leftist leaning. No, they are not the same. I don't care what you think, I know!!! you play your message board game, dude I don't care. facts are merely facts. you choose to ignore them ain't gonna change my thinking at all.
"you know i'm right" is where i stop.

see you next thread.

Forum List

Back