Two scenarios on Trump-Russia investigators — and neither is comforting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceberg, May 21, 2019.

1. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,832
    "after issuing thousand of subpoenas and interviewing hundreds of witnesses..."

5 "lies".

this is why i want to be specific. TRUMP LIES / TRUMP IS RACIST / TRUMP IS WHATEVER have been poured upon to the point where generic insults are taken as fact. i'm not denying anything all at this point but i'm also not going to talk in a generic sense.

i've not seen you call out hillary or obama for their "lies" so it does come across as convenient to only push what trump said and dismiss the common factor among all politicians.

so if you want to talk about trump lies - i am in no way saying he doesn't, but i'm also not going to say 'wow, yea he lies you win' and forget the rest of our recent history. so talk about the specific lies and let's go.

if you just say "trump lies" then i'm just not sure what you want from me.

2. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,832
    wow.

same for trump then, huh? even wrong doing is questionable in this regard. my stance is if we allow ANY SIDE of our government to manufacture stories and "sell" them to an all too willing press to "validate" then we're screwed.

this isn't about trump to me in as much as what we allow our governments to do to us. so if the left / obama made shit up (and all those activities were not only hillary, mind you...) then we need to know. and if they did manufacture evidence then they need to be punished and the actions stopped from ANYONE doing it again.

if nothing is there, barr will find nothing and we can move on.

and again - hillary was "cleared" but *IF* lynch was changing terminology to change the goals / punishments of the investigation - wouldn't that be a party foul? she suddenly seems keen to let people know she did NOT say to use "matter". so she was cleared but look at all this shit around her just the same in what had to be done to do so.

trump got no such benefit that i saw from our various departments who were buying "insurance" policies to keep him from winning, or dealing with him if he does.

so we have our DOJ/FBI protecting hillary and attacking trump and i'm supposed to believe they're playing by the same set of rules?

can't do it.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  3. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,776
    You haven’t seen me call out Obama because I wasn’t on this board when he was prez and now that he isn’t in office I don’t really see the point. I e called out plenty of Dems who lie and hyperbolize about Trump, which many do. But all that is besides the point unless you want to be complacent with our elected leaders lying to us. I sure as hell am not, I don’t care what party they identify with.

That article only listed 5 lies but we all know there were several more. How many times did he publicly say No Connections with Russians?! You also don’t know how much of that evidence they already had before mueller.

Trump acted like a dirty guy trying to hide something. How do you not see that?

I will say on the flip side that the mueller investigation was waaay to long and expensive. Especially for the results it yielded.

4. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,832
    Like I said, I'm simply not going to debate generalities.

Hillary deleted shit and the doj/fbi covered it up. How can you not see that? That is what happens when you debate generalities.

5. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,776
    That’s exactly what’s happening to trump. Wrong doing was found. He lied and obstructed justice. It’s all laid out in Mueller's report. But criminality wasn’t found and he is still running the country.

The terminology thing isn’t a big deal to me, I get why they did that as using the original term would have lit a fire for right wing critics.

6. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,776
    At this point it shouldn’t be a debate whether trump lied or not. The facts show that he did. My response to your OP is that when Trump lies and covers up and fires a lead investigator it triggers an investigation. It was started by a republican that he appointed and was validated by an FBI Director that he appointed.

7. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,776
    Hillary did delete shit and she was investigated and she was cleared. Don’t know what more I can say about it, I wasn’t a part of the investigation. I’m sorry you didn’t like the outcome

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,832
    yea, and the people who cleared her are lying also. we're seeing that come out.

it's got nothing to do with the outcome. i'm tired of all these investigations and revenge politics. but i'm not going to talk in "orange man bad, prove me wrong" type of generalities anymore. my citing clinton was a illustration of why that doesn't work, not a "wah we lost".

i can't point to a single politician who's not been busted for lying. par for the course. being selective in your rage about it seems to be where the battle lines get drawn.

9. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,776
    Equal rage for equal lies, I don’t discriminate. I didn’t vote for Clinton or Trump. Both did not earn my respect.

It’s ok to be critical of Trump for lying, he is the POTUS and supposed to represent our country. The whatabout Clinton arguments are not useful responses anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. iceberg

iceberg Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,832
    those who forget the past...