Two questions about our "beloved" Trump

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Believe it or not, these 2 questions are, from my perspective, legitimate ones that require a certain amount of stipulation by anyone who wishes to respond.

1. There is always the possibility that Trump will eventually withdraw from the race; if so, given his bombastic and egotistical persona, what do you think his stated reason will be?

2. By some remote chance that Trump does win the oval office, and given the real fact that we do still have 3 branches of government, there would be many, many instances when and where Trump will have made one of his usual one-sided promises to Americans and would later find out that congress or the SCOTUS rejected his plan…….The question then is this: HOW would someone like Trump react to the ensuing criticism?

I would expect Trump to be Trump if he decides to pull out and I think he would probably not give a reason but would just announce that he is endorsing X and throw his support to him/her.

I think Trump would probably spend a LOT of time negotiating with Congress and achieving support before he announced a particular initiative. He has a strong track record of that M.O.

But along those same lines, Trump is not one who has to accept "no" for an answer very often. And my worst fear with him is that he might succumb to the temptation to get around an uncooperative or balky or slow moving Congress with the use of executive orders like the current occupant in the White House does. And I sure don't want another President who does that.

• Banned
I think Trump would probably spend a LOT of time negotiating with Congress and achieving support before he announced a particular initiative. He has a strong track record of that M.O.

Good response......but, lets review his plan to round up all illegal aliens and his further proposal to repatriate even babies born in the U.S. ....without stating my own opinion on that, let me just state that such a plan IS contrary to the 14th amendment, and Trump's plan could very well be banned by the Supreme Court.

Believe it or not, these 2 questions are, from my perspective, legitimate ones that require a certain amount of stipulation by anyone who wishes to respond.

1. There is always the possibility that Trump will eventually withdraw from the race; if so, given his bombastic and egotistical persona, what do you think his stated reason will be?

2. By some remote chance that Trump does win the oval office, and given the real fact that we do still have 3 branches of government, there would be many, many instances when and where Trump will have made one of his usual one-sided promises to Americans and would later find out that congress or the SCOTUS rejected his plan…….The question then is this: HOW would someone like Trump react to the ensuing criticism?

He would react just like Obama: issue and Executive Order.

• Banned
Well, he probably won't call his opponents "racists" like the current admin..

You're probably right....."Dumb" "Stupid" Losers" "Boring" and "Puppets" is about as harsh as he has wanted to be....so far.

Good response......but, lets review his plan to round up all illegal aliens and his further proposal to repatriate even babies born in the U.S. ....without stating my own opinion on that, let me just state that such a plan IS contrary to the 14th amendment, and Trump's plan could very well be banned by the Supreme Court.

He knows he can't do that without Congressional consent. One thing Trump is not is a typical politician who measures every word and poll tests every opinion couched in carefully scripted politically correct rhetoric. He thinks out loud and gives the big picture goals and leaves the devil in the details to be worked out later. I don't have a doubt in the world that he won't adjust his goals to what can be done instead of what he personally would like to see done.

the 14th wasn't ratified legally anyway...The south was governed by provisionary military gvt. after the war of northern aggression.

Is it better for a politician to play it safe and never risk an idea or a strategy because SCOTUS or Congress might reject it? What do we get from democrats? Free college tuitions?

1. Don't know.

2. Don't know.

3. Anyone who says they do, is an idiot.

Free college tuitions?

Lets see........proposal for "free college tuition"........VERSUS.....proposal to "round up 12 million people for deportation"

You judge the ethical caliber of our country.

the 14th wasn't ratified legally anyway...The south was governed by provisionary military gvt. after the war of northern aggression.

Still clamoring for secession, aren't you????

1. "To spend more time with his family hair"

2. He'll threaten to sue Congress and SCOTUS. As per usual.

Still clamoring for secession, aren't you????

Just relating facts.
This country is about done anyway...no need to secede...Let nature take its course.
Collapse, partitioning (think "Balkans") and reconstruction are on the horizon unless some drastic changes are made.

The 14th amendment was about declaring freed slaves citizens. Congress has the power to revoke the citizenship form foreign people.

Free college tuitions?

Lets see........proposal for "free college tuition"........VERSUS.....proposal to "round up 12 million people for deportation"

You judge the ethical caliber of our country.

allowing 3rd world peasants to enter our country illegally is what's "unethical". You can't have a 1st world country with 3rd world peasants flooding in.

Forum List

Back