Two Big Games SF/Carolina.... Seahawks/Atlanta...

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
As the playoffs loom in the not too distant future this weekend could be make it or break it for the NFC West probable champion and likely the NFC leader and championship with home field advantage in the playoffs.

Seattle at 8-1 is a leg up... a win in Atlanta this weekend would make it very hard for SF to win out to win the West... Seattle loses in Atlanta and things get complicated with an absolute MUST WIN for the Seahawks when they play in SF December 8th.

SF at 6-2 hosts the Carolina Panthers. If the 9ers overlook the Panthers and lose they will have a nearly impossible chance to overtake the Seahawks in the West. Carolina at 5-3 has won thier last 4 games impressively. They only lost thier first game in Carolina to Seattle by a score of 12-7. They could easily be at 6-2 with Seattle and SF.

Moreso than a "must" win in Atlanta for the Seahawks.. this is a "MUST" win at home for SF against the very hot Carolina team..

I'm starting to get real excited about this game. The one in San Francisco.

If the Niners lose I will sleep a lot better for the next month.

Sleep is important.

How well did you sleep after the Hawks came so very close to being beaten by the O-8 Bucs at home?

Pretty good. Last season with a full compliment of players on both sides of the LOS Seattle blew out the teams they were supposed to blow out and came back from being behind in three important games...One in the regular season and twice in the playoffs... Chicago...Washington and Atlanta.

The circumstances didn't blow me away as to how the Seahawks got behind by 21 points. The Hawks were moving the ball. THree turnovers in ANY NFL game and you can find yourself on the wrong side of the scoreboard. Wilson threw one bad pass...they made a real good play on another just as the Seahawks were about to score and Tate fumbled on a strip during a punt return. Shit happens.

Just mailing in the second half thinking it just wasn't going to be our day would have been understandable.

Being able to hold it together and not lose focus and come from that far back was important and remenissent of last season's magic.

If anything I feel better about our chances to overcome whatever may happen thruought the remaining games this season. AND they did it still with the 2nd stringers in our O-line. Last years team wouldn't have done it with the backups.

When the last games of the season are upon us and the starters of our O-line are back in and Wilson has time to throw and Harvin is ripping and tearing through our opponents we will have the luxury of a well practiced and dependable 2nd tier O-line to fall back on should the injury bug bite.

The Seahawks are developing some crazy good depth in important areas not only for the remainder of this season but for seasons to come.

Last edited:
Just two big games and Seattle is in one? The only way the Atlanta game is big, is if Atlanta wins.

Bigger games this week:

Tied for first in the NFC Central: The Lions visit the Bears.

Dallas hosting New Orleans both in first place in their respective divisions.

Second place Philadelphia going to face a Rogersless Packer team.

And then Carolina who seems to be on a mission going to face the 49ers.

In the AFC it will be Denver going to San Diego to see if the Chargers are really any good.

So a Shehawks big game is about the sixth best game if that. Now, if the Shehawks lose? Then it is a big game but that will probably not happen, so who the fuck cares.

Just two big games and Seattle is in one? The only way the Atlanta game is big, is if Atlanta wins.

Bigger games this week:

In the AFC it will be Denver going to San Diego to see if the Chargers are really any good.

So a Shehawks big game is about the sixth best game if that. Now, if the Shehawks lose? Then it is a big game but that will probably not happen, so who the fuck cares.

Who pissed in your Cherrios?

This isn't the week 10 thread. This is the HUGGY'S two favorite games thread.

Wasn't it you that said he was gonna do a week by week thread on the games?

NOW you are too lazy to keep your word on starting a week 10 thread but you WILL come over to my little two game thread and gripe?

Dude...

Bigger games this week:

Who pissed in your Cherrios?

This isn't the week 10 thread. This is the HUGGY'S two favorite games thread.

Wasn't it you that said he was gonna do a week by week thread on the games?

NOW you are too lazy to keep your word on starting a week 10 thread but you WILL come over to my little two game thread and gripe?

Dude...

Fuck off! :bow3::bow3::up_yours:

In THIS thread there are only two big games.. :lol:

Bigger games this week: For who?

Tied for first in the NFC Central: The Lions visit the Bears. Two 5-3's whatever..

Dallas hosting New Orleans both in first place in their respective divisions. MMMmmmm.... ya OK ... It might be interesting if NO loses..

Second place Philadelphia going to face a Rogersless Packer team. Dog murderers are ALLWAYS in last place in my book..

And then Carolina who seems to be on a mission going to face the 49ers. This game has the biggest impact in the only division that matters.

In the AFC it will be Denver going to San Diego to see if the Chargers are really any good. Good..don't care... I'm thinking it will probably be the Chiefs or Indy in the Superbowl.

This is the biggest game on this thread

Tied for first in the NFC Central: The Lions visit the Bears. Two 5-3's whatever..

Dallas hosting New Orleans both in first place in their respective divisions. MMMmmmm.... ya OK ... It might be interesting if NO loses..

Second place Philadelphia going to face a Rogersless Packer team. Dog murderers are ALLWAYS in last place in my book..

And then Carolina who seems to be on a mission going to face the 49ers. This game has the biggest impact in the only division that matters.

In the AFC it will be Denver going to San Diego to see if the Chargers are really any good. Good..don't care... I'm thinking it will probably be the Chiefs or Indy in the Superbowl.

My opinion Lions and Bears, then the Saints are the biggest games but Shehawk fans have no real concept of the NFL.

My opinion Lions and Bears, then the Saints are the biggest games but Shehawk fans have no real concept of the NFL.

I bet you will try to weasle your way onto the Seahawks bandwagon. YOUR stinkin opinion about what Seattle fans think and know about the NFL is just pathetic jealousy.

Why even go there? You mad because we havin a little taste of success?

Good thing we barely lost to the Colts or you would probably not be able to contain yo little rage.

I think it is great that you are showing your butt hurt that the Seahawks are doing so well this season. It's like one of the unexpected benefits a fan gets over and above the record.

You might as well settle in ... this thing may hafta go on like this for a few years.

I bet you will try to weasle your way onto the Seahawks bandwagon. YOUR stinkin opinion about what Seattle fans think and know about the NFL is just pathetic jealousy.

Good thing we barely lost to the Colts or you would probably not be able to contain yo little rage.

I think it is great that you are showing your butt hurt that the Seahawks are doing so well this season. It's like one of the unexpected benefits a fan gets over and above the record.

You might as well settle in ... this thing may hafta go on like this for a few years.

I will never jump on the Shehawks bandwagon, my wife did a few years ago. I hate the hawks, always have, always will. She hawk fans think they know football, they thought Krieg was the bomb, they loved Boz, he sucked. They cry about losing a SuperBowl. They lost, they sucked. Now, they cry about Atlanta, it is one cry fest to the next lost. Seattle needs to grow up and be a real sports town.

I will never jump on the Shehawks bandwagon, my wife did a few years ago. I hate the hawks, always have, always will. She hawk fans think they know football, they thought Krieg was the bomb, they loved Boz, he sucked. They cry about losing a SuperBowl. They lost, they sucked. Now, they cry about Atlanta, it is one cry fest to the next lost. Seattle needs to grow up and be a real sports town.

Who thought Krieg was "the bomb"? The QB with the smallest hands in the NFL ever? I think he still holds the record for fumbles or did and is still a close second. Krieg was a joke...a horrible QB. Without Steve Largent Krieg was nothing.

Nobody in Seattle loved "The Boz". Bosworth was and is a piece of shit. The moron actually bragged that he slapped his sister BEFORE he was even on the team. He was only an active player for a few games. He had several major injuries including a broken Shoulder almost immediately upon putting on a uniform... in fact he may have broken his shoulder putting on his uniform. Bosworth was and probably still is the most unpopular sports figure in Seattles sports history.

This just shows to go how little you know about football and Seattle football especially. Seattle expects a lot from it's football teams. In the 90's it was common knowledge that most Seattle football fans believed that the U of W Huskies could have beaten the Seahawks.

Even the "great" Hasselbeck teams were just lucky to have played in weak divisions and made the playoffs with some of the worst reg season records ever. Our recievers were horrible. We had no clutch players.

This team we have now is by far and away the best team in Seattle football history. Not in it's accomplishments.. but in the quality of it's players. Russel Wilson is a gift from the football gods. He is just getting started. BUT it is clear where this team is headed. We know the difference between an average player and great players. This team is LOADED with great players... Lynch RB.. Wilson.QB.. Okung.OLT. Sherman..CB Thomas..S. Chancellor..S. Irvin...LB/DE ... Tate..WR/KR.. Bennett DL... Browner.CB..Baldwin.WR/SR...Miller TE.. Unger.C...Hauschka K..and now Harvin..WR/SR/RB/KR. Just to name a few. We just lost our highest paid player Sidney Rice 8.5 million to injury for the rest of this season. Our best "player" is probably John Schneider our GM.

What is crazy good about this team is that they are very young. They will be some of the NFL's best players in thier positions for 5-10 years. The management can probably keep ALL of it's best players for 3-4 years under cap.

Last edited:
Dumbshit, I grew up with Shehawk fans. They love Boz, they loved Krieg, they thought years ago the had the best team. They all sucked, even the great teams under Holmgren sucked. Seattle has always sucked and will always suck whether the assholes buy themselves a Super Bowl or not. The vast majority of Shehawk fans know nothing about football. They are just dumb shits.

I also think they have a good team this year, whether it is Seattle's best team ever, I have doubts, but they are really good and have depth.

Dumbshit, I grew up with Shehawk fans. They love Boz, they loved Krieg, they thought years ago the had the best team. They all sucked, even the great teams under Holmgren sucked. Seattle has always sucked and will always suck whether the assholes buy themselves a Super Bowl or not. The vast majority of Shehawk fans know nothing about football. They are just dumb shits.

I also think they have a good team this year, whether it is Seattle's best team ever, I have doubts, but they are really good and have depth.

Why I gotta be the "dumbshit"?

You are the one that hung out with idiots!

No intelligent football analysist could ever say Dave Krieg was "great". His fumbles were EPIC !!! The only thing that pathetically made some wail about him going bye bye was the inneptness of those that came after him.

Don't start with Holmgren you asswipe !!! He was the start of the upturn in Seattle professional Football.

The problems the Seahawks had early on were in fact an extension of the first owners mentality.

The Nordstroms were the Seahawk's first owners. Those pompus assholes sold the team to Ken Behring. That snake did everything he could to ruin the fan base so he could steal the team away from Seattle and take it to Anaheim. In fact the crappiness that was the Seatle Seahawks was by design from the top.

Back to the "Nordstroms". I had the opportunity to talk to the "son", John Nordstrom. at length for a few weeks running as he bought a 62 foot Hatteras sportfishing yaght and was having it refit in a boatyard my little 35' 1958 Chris Craft I was living on was at. I probably talked with Nordstrom for a total of 10-12 hours over several days. He actually paid me through a friend to do some electronic work on his boat.

Anyway... Nordstrom and his dad are successful retail businessmen but they only got into the football business to promote thier stores. They didn't give a shit about the "common" Seattlite. They didn't give a shit about the quality of the team. They knew full well that Behring was going to try to take the team away when they sold it to him. They were just tired of the hassle of dealing with the franchise. Fucking snobs... I talked with Nordstrom for hours but even early on I wanted to punch his fucking lights out. The guy is a first class asshole.

That is why the Seahawks stunk up the place... Shit rolls downhill.

Enter Paul Allen. A REAL fan... A REAL Seattle native. A for real multi billionaire that doesn't have to try to save pennies when it comes to the passion he feels about the Seattle Seahawks. Paul is a hero to the sports fans in this neck of the woods. He is a self made man. His and Gates's enterprises are legend. His isn't a fucking pompus snob like "johnnie boy Nordstrom". Paul saved our Seahawks.. nuff said.

Enter Holmgren... OK...not bad but He was already ready to retire when grabbed from Green Bay.

Enter Pete Carroll. Enter Pete's philosophy of winning. Enter John Schneider, the smartest GM in professional football. That was three years ago. The waiting for this perfect storm of football ownership and leadership has been excrutiating for us fans.

Enter Russell Wilson. NOW we have something. Now our hopes and prayers have been answered. We may not have the best team in football TODAY. That is only because of a few in-opportune O-Line injuries that are at the tail end of thier recovery proccess. The writing is on the wall. The sky is the limit.

Say no more.

Last edited:
People that know football never said Krieg was great. Shehawk fans did. Tons of them, all over Seattle they said it.
I know Shehawks history, and you got nothing. Not one ring, not a winning record, you got the hero Krieg, Mirer, Holmgren and Boz. I heard all the Shehawk hype since 1975.

Largent, a great wide receiver, he could have had records had he played with a real team.

And every team has lots of injuries, it is just another excuse.

Last edited:
People that know football never said Krieg was great. Shehawk fans did. Tons of them, all over Seattle they said it.
I know Shehawks history, and you got nothing. Not one ring, not a winning record, you got the hero Krieg, Mirer, Holmgren and Boz. I heard all the Shehawk hype since 1975.

Largent, a great wide receiver, he could have had records had he played with a real team.

Ultimate LOSER !!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE]Spin Doctors - Little Miss Can't Be Wrong - YouTube[/ame]

Ultimate LOSER !!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE]Spin Doctors - Little Miss Can't Be Wrong - YouTube[/ame]

Can't refute the truth, so you go on insults. Typical Seattle fan, that I have known all these years and you claimed you were different. :lmao:

Ultimate LOSER !!!

Can't refute the truth, so you go on insults. Typical Seattle fan, that I have known all these years and you claimed you were different. :lmao:

Truth? You are not any kind of an expert on Seattle or the Seahawks. Where did I insult YOU? You have been insulting me and my team for weeks. I believe in that effort you have earned the title of ULTIMATE loser fair and square.

Like I said I talked face to face with the original Seahawk owner for several hours about his involvement with the team. But now YOU want me and others to believe YOU are an expert in Seattle professional football and I am like the typical (in your mind) Seattle football fan that idolized Kreig and Bosworth. The TRUTH is that you do not know what the hell you are talking about. Not about me..not about the Seattle sports fans...and not about the Seahawks.

What is strange is why you feel the need to start these rediculous arguments based on nothing but your willfully ignorant opinion.

You clearly are not even a fan....much less an informed fan. You never say anything supportive of any team. You just try to bring down the fun good fans enjoy when thier teams are doing well. That's kinda twisted Sport.

Thing is ...you are wasting your time trying to bum me out. I just hooked up my purchase of the day... an antenna cuz the recent storm messed with the motel cable and I would have had to go accross the parking lot to the restaurant/bar to watch the game tommorow and miss the first hour cuz they don't open till 11 AM. But I took a chance and bought this freakin cheap ($12) TV antenna and the sucker works crazy good. NOW I get 39 channels which is better than the stupid cable had ...perfect HD reception and of course TWO channels that will be carrying the Fox broadcast tommorow starting with the 9 AM pregame show. Best 12 bucks I ever spent. SOOOoooo...It's not likely your crappy attitude is going to drag me down.

Truth? You are not any kind of an expert on Seattle or the Seahawks. Where did I insult YOU? You have been insulting me and my team for weeks. I believe in that effort you have earned the title of ULTIMATE loser fair and square.

Like I said I talked face to face with the original Seahawk owner for several hours about his involvement with the team. But now YOU want me and others to believe YOU are an expert in Seattle professional football and I am like the typical (in your mind) Seattle football fan that idolized Kreig and Bosworth. The TRUTH is that you do not know what the hell you are talking about. Not about me..not about the Seattle sports fans...and not about the Seahawks.

What is strange is why you feel the need to start these rediculous arguments based on nothing but your willfully ignorant opinion.

You clearly are not even a fan....much less an informed fan. You never say anything supportive of any team. You just try to bring down the fun good fans enjoy when thier teams are doing well. That's kinda twisted Sport.

Thing is ...you are wasting your time trying to bum me out. I just hooked up my purchase of the day... an antenna cuz the recent storm messed with the motel cable and I would have had to go accross the parking lot to the restaurant/bar to watch the game tommorow and miss the first hour cuz they don't open till 11 AM. But I took a chance and bought this freakin cheap ($12) TV antenna and the sucker works crazy good. NOW I get 39 channels which is better than the stupid cable had ...perfect HD reception and of course TWO channels that will be carrying the Fox broadcast tommorow starting with the 9 AM pregame show. Best 12 bucks I ever spent. SOOOoooo...It's not likely your crappy attitude is going to drag me down.

Of course I'm not a Seattle fan, they are mostly all nuts and obsessed with a team that has never performed. Enjoy your games, I don't watch them, I like several teams but other than the Seahawks? You run every fucking team down, so don't go preaching to me asshole, in fact you go on other teams websites and run the teams down. I have dealt with Seahawk fans for decades and you are all alike, even though the have done nothing you assholes think you are the fucking Cowboys or Packers of the league.

I have been supportive of a lot of teams, other than the Cowboys and the Seahawks, I pretty much like most teams. Peterson, Manning, Bree's, even Wilson have my respect. The fans of the Seahawks don't deserve or get my respect.

Of course I'm not a Seattle fan, they are mostly all nuts and obsessed with a team that has never performed. Enjoy your games, I don't watch them, I like several teams but other than the Seahawks? You run every fucking team down, so don't go preaching to me asshole, in fact you go on other teams websites and run the teams down. I have dealt with Seahawk fans for decades and you are all alike, even though the have done nothing you assholes think you are the fucking Cowboys or Packers of the league.

I have been supportive of a lot of teams, other than the Cowboys and the Seahawks, I pretty much like most teams. Peterson, Manning, Bree's, even Wilson have my respect. The fans of the Seahawks don't deserve or get my respect.

Dude I don't know or care about all the problems you must have that makes you come off as such a jerk. But you pulled your last post straight outta your ass. I don't run other teams down...I don't go on to ANY other teams web sites. I don't know where you came up with that but it is absolute bullshit. SOOOOoooo... you are forcing me to call you what you are and that is a bald faced liar. I challenge you to post a link from ANY site where I have gone into thier turf and said anything derogatory about that team EVER.

I think maybe I will back off from discussing football or anything with you because it appears you are mentally ill and it isn't cool to argue with people that can't help themselves because they have a problem that needs attention. Good luck.

Forum List

Back