“Turning The Other Cheek”: Eureka!

If christians "turned the other cheek" they wouldn't be bombing half the countries in the middle east

Christians are bombing the ME? Really? LOL
Christianity is a violent death cult they are always at war
So PurpleOwl are you including the Christians who fought for abolition of slavery as war? Or the coalitions who support gay marriage as an equal right?

How dare you support the practice of using Christian charity and support when it suits your political agenda.

But then badmouth and blame the practice throwing all Christians under the bus. How dare you slap the very people who are a major reason the civil rights movements have support to push for change! Do you think Dr. King could have been the change he sought in the world without his Christian faith?

Shame on you!
christians began the atlantic slave trade, on the basis of manifest destiny slaughtered uncountable millions, entire civilizations were wiped out, theyre books were burned and records of them in the history books were wiped out. Simply because a few weak minded christians weeped in the ashes doesn't mean shit
It's true PurpleOwl every group on earth has both its faults and its contributions.

Are you going to give equal credits to the Dr Kings of the world who use their religion correctly? Are you saying the minority doesn't count because the majority abuse religion?

OK so why not blame all men for wars since the majority are fought by men.

So forget what Einstein or Jefferson contributed as a man, or Buddha or Jesus, because they are just one person here or there while the majority of people, of men, of religions have experienced war.

Congratulations PurpleOwl you've just condemned all of humanity for going to war.

Which ironically is consistent with Christian teachings that all humanity suffers from sins repeating from the past.

The point is to break that cycle.

Now tell me PurpleOwl
How do we change t hi s pattern
And I'll bet that whatever solutions you say are also taught in Christianity, as everything else you've said so far.

christians began the atlantic slave trade ...
1). Slavery
2). Slave trade.
3). Atlantic transporting of slavery.

Local tribes are responsible for slavery.
Moslems are responsible for slave trade.
Christians are responsible for Atlantic transporting of slavery.

Violence and oppression are caused by Fear and Unforgiveness. That's the cause of I'll will instead of good will towards others PurpleOwl
Christianity teaches violence and oppression, it encourages and its god gives thousands of reasons to justify violence and oppression everything from genocide to infanticide.

36ae26e877bfd258a2e36c8861aa293c.png

Christianity teaches love charity and divine forgiveness that breaks this cycle and frees humanity.
it teaches greed, hoarding of money, and counquering of other lands, it barely tells you to be charitable to eachother much less the world the greediest wealthiest people on earth are mostly christians. As are ost slave owners

Read Dr Kings quote that men hate each other because they fear each other. Because they are separated and cannot communicate with each other.

But the Bible teaches that
Perfect love casts out fear.
the bible also teaches us that black people are cursed by god and are inferior to whites, and that slavery is not only okay but gives detailed instructions on the best way to own and manage slaves

So this is the true message in Christianity that love conquers fear, truth dispels ignorance, forgiveness heals wrongs to restore justice and peace. Buddhism also teaches this as universal natural laws that Wisdom and understanding overcomes ignorance and fear, Compassion overcomes anger, and Generosity overcomes greed. Christianity teaches this as the Holy Trinity to love God (ie God's Truth and Wisdom) with all our hearts minds and souls, to love our neighbor as ourselves or the Holy Spirit of comfort and peace to humanity, and to love one another as Christ Jesus loves us by Restorative Justice extending the unconditional love of God to love of man and reconciling these laws as one.
buddhism is a violent cult as well, and for every bible passage about love and kindness you can find 100 more justifying hate violence and power

True faith is living by Restorative Justice. That is the meaning and message of Christ Jesus bringing peace and salvation to all humanity as one United family.
no true scotsman fallacy

more countries are bombing the middle east than just the USA....Russia, UK, France, Germany, Canada, for example
With the exception of Russia the others you mention are under the flag of NATO .... which is the US.
Russia, by the way, didn't start those wars .... the US did.
semantics

Christianity is a violent death cult they are always at war
Again, I understand what you are saying but it isn't Christianity but the US that is a violent death cult - always at war.

The USA hasn't been a major military power for more than 100 years christians have been commiting non-stop wholsesale slaughter for centuries before then. The only christians who aren't at war, are the ones from counties too poor to afford a military

Really? LOL
why do you think your so violent?

"you're" not your
Your a grammar nazi too?

Just pointing out one of your many flaws
do you mean your judging me? and throwing stones? you must be without sin lol

Again, it's "you're" not your. You're obviously a slow learner also. Likely why you struggle in life

"you're" not your
Your a grammar nazi too?

Again, it's "you're" not your. You're obviously a slow learner also. Likely why you struggle in life
seig heil

Violence and oppression are caused by Fear and Unforgiveness. That's the cause of I'll will instead of good will towards others PurpleOwl
Christianity teaches violence and oppression, it encourages and its god gives thousands of reasons to justify violence and oppression everything from genocide to infanticide.

36ae26e877bfd258a2e36c8861aa293c.png

Christianity teaches love charity and divine forgiveness that breaks this cycle and frees humanity.
it teaches greed, hoarding of money, and counquering of other lands, it barely tells you to be charitable to eachother much less the world the greediest wealthiest people on earth are mostly christians. As are ost slave owners

Read Dr Kings quote that men hate each other because they fear each other. Because they are separated and cannot communicate with each other.

But the Bible teaches that
Perfect love casts out fear.
the bible also teaches us that black people are cursed by god and are inferior to whites, and that slavery is not only okay but gives detailed instructions on the best way to own and manage slaves

So this is the true message in Christianity that love conquers fear, truth dispels ignorance, forgiveness heals wrongs to restore justice and peace. Buddhism also teaches this as universal natural laws that Wisdom and understanding overcomes ignorance and fear, Compassion overcomes anger, and Generosity overcomes greed. Christianity teaches this as the Holy Trinity to love God (ie God's Truth and Wisdom) with all our hearts minds and souls, to love our neighbor as ourselves or the Holy Spirit of comfort and peace to humanity, and to love one another as Christ Jesus loves us by Restorative Justice extending the unconditional love of God to love of man and reconciling these laws as one.
buddhism is a violent cult as well, and for every bible passage about love and kindness you can find 100 more justifying hate violence and power

True faith is living by Restorative Justice. That is the meaning and message of Christ Jesus bringing peace and salvation to all humanity as one United family.
no true scotsman fallacy
1. Where does Buddhism teach violence. Do you mean it teaches nonviolence to such an extreme that it enables bullies to go unchecked?
This is one criticism of the faith that indirectly it allows violence by not standing up to stop or fight it by force.

Is this what you mean? Can you cite how Buddhist precepts not to kill, not to lie, not to steal, not to hold to false beliefs, not to intoxicate oneself or abuse relationships is "promoting violence?" Instead of promoting peace by starting with self discipline first?

2. As for Christianity you appear to cite the genocidal political wars in the OT.
And you leave out the solutions in the NT.

The OT ways are to teach by history and example of what goes Wrong with Retributive Justice that is Antichrist.

The NT is about Restorative Justice that defeats Antichristian Retribution.

You are taking the OT "out of context" with the NT that provides the solutions to the problems.

That is like only taking the math problems and "wrong answers" from coursework and tests in class, and leaving out the "right answers" and corrections in the same class.

Both are there to teach from.
You sound like someone who expects to teach math by only pointing out what's wrong with the wrong answers!

Great, that's one step PurpleOwl
Now what about the rest of the process of learning by correction.

That's the key part you are leaving out.

With the exception of Russia the others you mention are under the flag of NATO .... which is the US. Russia, by the way, didn't start those wars .... the US did.
semantics
You don't know what the term means, do you.

The USA hasn't been a major military power for more than 100 years christians have been commiting non-stop wholsesale slaughter for centuries before then. The only christians who aren't at war, are the ones from counties too poor to afford a military
Now you're just wasting my time. But no more.

With the exception of Russia the others you mention are under the flag of NATO .... which is the US. Russia, by the way, didn't start those wars .... the US did.
semantics
You don't know what the term means, do you.

Now you're just wasting my time. But no more.
russia was fighting the chechens wars for years and if you count the soviet union and the russian czar they have been killing muslims for centuries. even the christian countries that are not bombing the middle east the eastern european ones are building fences and sicking dogs on refugees even children.

Really? LOL

"you're" not your
Your a grammar nazi too?

Dear PurpleOwl
The Bible says Judge not but judge righteous judgment.

Your judgement of Christianity and Buddhism leaves out the corrections to the problems. You are only telling half the story so your judgement is skewed by omission

I applaud you in pointing out what's wrong, but encourage you to also include the corrections taught that you "conveniently" leave out.

If you accuse others of leaving out parts of the historic truth, then why would you do the same yourself?

As you judge others, so will you also be held to every word you speak!
That's a natural law also taught in the Bible!

You sow as you reap, if you judge and blame others they do this back to you. And this is the same cause and pattern of war right here.

If you seek corrections as I do, then we can receive as much as we give and work on corrections together. Better than war? If you don't agree with war then don't wage a war with words blaming others. Seek corrections that end war, if you're truly against war and it's causes.

Last edited:

"you're" not your
Your a grammar nazi too?

Dear PurpleOwl
The Bible says Judge not but judge righteous judgment.

Your judgement of Christianity and Buddhism leaves out the corrections to the problems. You are only telling half the story so your judgement is skewed by omission

I applaud you in pointing out what's wrong, but encourage you to also include the corrections taught that you "conveniently" leave out.

If you accuse others of leaving out parts of the historic truth, then why would you do the same yourself?

As you judge others, so will you also be held to every word you speak!
That's a natural law also taught in the Bible!

You sow as you reap, if you judge and blame others they do this back to you. And this is the same cause and pattern of war right here.

If you seek corrections as I do, then we can receive as much as we give and work on corrections together. Better than war? If you don't agree with war then don't wage a war with words blaming others. Seek corrections that end war, if you're truly against war and it's causes.
I do not seek the end of war, I seek the end of religion and all its causes.... through war if necessary

"you're" not your
Your a grammar nazi too?

seig heil

And the true psyche always shows itself given time. Did you get above gefrieter ?

Forum List

Back