“Turning The Other Cheek”: Eureka!

GLASNOST

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2016
Ouma se rondovel
I think that I finally realize why it is that we (European Governments) have been censoring the sky-rocketing crimes committed by wave of migrants. We are Christians. We turn the other cheek.

If christians "turned the other cheek" they wouldn't be bombing half the countries in the middle east

It's a matter of forgiving wrongs but that doesn't mean to cover up and enable wrongdoing.

The point is to correct by proper rebuke. Not out of retribution but with faith in Restorative Justice.

Christians are called to civil obedience to human institutions even when persecuted. So we witness to truth and bring correction and reform by establishing truth by free will so it involves changing our relationships from dysfunctional to good faith restored between neighbors.

See Matthew 18:15-20

If christians "turned the other cheek" they wouldn't be bombing half the countries in the middle east

Christians are bombing the ME? Really? LOL
Christianity is a violent death cult they are always at war
So PurpleOwl are you including the Christians who fought for abolition of slavery as war? Or the coalitions who support gay marriage as an equal right?

How dare you support the practice of using Christian charity and support when it suits your political agenda.

But then badmouth and blame the practice throwing all Christians under the bus. How dare you slap the very people who are a major reason the civil rights movements have support to push for change! Do you think Dr. King could have been the change he sought in the world without his Christian faith?

Shame on you!

Really? LOL
why do you think your so violent?

"you're" not your
Your a grammar nazi too?

Really? LOL
why do you think your so violent?
Violence and oppression are caused by Fear and Unforgiveness. That's the cause of I'll will instead of good will towards others PurpleOwl

Christianity teaches love charity and divine forgiveness that breaks this cycle and frees humanity.

Read Dr Kings quote that men hate each other because they fear each other. Because they are separated and cannot communicate with each other.

But the Bible teaches that
Perfect love casts out fear.

So this is the true message in Christianity that love conquers fear, truth dispels ignorance, forgiveness heals wrongs to restore justice and peace. Buddhism also teaches this as universal natural laws that Wisdom and understandung overcomes ignorance and fear, Compassion overcomes anger, and Generosity overcomes greed. Christianity teaches this as the Holy Trinity to love God (ie God's Truth and Wisdom) with all our hearts minds and souls, to love our neighbor as ourselves or the Holy Spirit of comfort and peace to humanity, and to love one another as Christ Jesus loves us by Restorative Justice extending the unconditional love of God to love of man and reconciling these laws as one.

True faith is living by Restorative Justice. That is the meaning and message of Christ Jesus bringing peace and salvation to all humanity as one United family.

Last edited:

So PurpleOwl are you including the Christians who fought for abolition of slavery as war? Or the coalitions who support gay marriage as an equal right?

How dare you support the practice of using Christian charity and support when it suits your political agenda.

But then badmouth and blame the practice throwing all Christians under the bus. How dare you slap the very people who are a major reason the civil rights movements have support to push for change! Do you think Dr. King could have been the change he sought in the world without his Christian faith?

Shame on you!
christians began the atlantic slave trade, on the basis of manifest destiny slaughtered uncountable millions, entire civilizations were wiped out, theyre books were burned and records of them in the history books were wiped out. Simply because a few weak minded christians weeped in the ashes doesn't mean shit

Shame on you!
christians began the atlantic slave trade, on the basis of manifest destiny slaughtered uncountable millions, entire civilizations were wiped out, theyre books were burned and records of them in the history books were wiped out. Simply because a few weak minded christians weeped in the ashes doesn't mean shit

Mauve Hooter is under some delusion any white person is a Christian

more countries are bombing the middle east than just the USA....Russia, UK, France, Germany, Canada, for example
With the exception of Russia the others you mention are under the flag of NATO .... which is the US.
Russia, by the way, didn't start those wars .... the US did.

Again, I understand what you are saying but it isn't Christianity but the US that is a violent death cult - always at war.

Forum List

Back