Turkish naval warships to accompany Turkish prime minister on the next aid mission

An act of war should be met with the proper response. The US better back Israel in this. Turkey wants war, let them have it.

Conflict with USA changes everything for any nation in this world.
Once USA canalizes its whole capabilities against a foreign country, that country fights from this point on for survival. Seen at the Iranian art of survival campaign, Turkey would immediately re-configure whole foreign policy and create problems for USA to disperse the USA of canalizing her capabilities at Turkey.
There would be formed quaint alliances and some non-state actors would be born that target US interests.
There could be further implications like: Iranian-Turkish alliance, maybe that alliances would be such serious in strategic depth that others join in seeking to destroy the US world system.

Turkey has a high reputation in Muslim world, a reputation for voicing out Muslim interests on international level. There is an audience Turkey will receive sympathies from.
In your scenario, where USA takes side of Israel, this would be regarded as Jewish-Christian alliance targeting yet another Muslim country.
I don't know if Turkey would receive open support from Muslim countries, but I think yes, especially from Pakistan:
Pakistan?Turkey relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whilst the Arab Muslims fought the Ottomans in its ending days, the Muslims from the Sub-continent send money, food and material to Turkey.
Turkey always assisted Pakistan openly on dilomatic level in its wars with India and send military spare parts to Pakistan.

If Turkey and Iran form a goal-intended alliance to fight USA, even without with Pakistan factor supporting Turkey, that could be pretext for World-War based on religious lines with no puppet regime in Arab countries resisting the pressure form streets.

Now coming back to reality:
Turkey, unhindered by the Persian-Arab and Israeli-Arab rivalries, can do things for the United States in this region that Israel simply cant achieve. In short, Turkey is the more valuable ally to Washington than Israel.
Turkey means it when it says its relationship with Israel will not go back to what it once was. The two countries will likely maintain relations, but Israel will not be able to rely on Turkey as a regional ally. The United States, meanwhile, cannot afford to prioritize Israels interests over Turkeys. In this geopolitical climate, Israel lacks the luxury of options.
Free Article for Non-Members | STRATFOR

Turkey's strategic depth was always defined by military aspects in Cold-War.
Turkey sits on one of most valuable geographical assets, this will continue to be so. NOW the difference is, Turkey adds to her strategic depth also the soft-power things like economic outreach, and socially influencing a bunch of weak countries in the neighbourhood receptive for a "Plan C". "Plan A" is Arab-Jewish conflict, "Plan B" is Arab-Persian conflict.
"Plan C" is economic integration of Sunnite looser-countries behind Turkey, to make together the shift into a position of "having a say" in near future's world.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
rep for linking to stratfor. their writeups on this conflict have been superb. I recommend anyone who cares about international politices and policy to subscribe

War is coming. And not these minor skirmishes with people who don't have strong militaries. I mean serious war is coming.

War is coming. And not these minor skirmishes with people who don't have strong militaries. I mean serious war is coming.

it all depends on how much us (the usa) and other western countries are willing to back israel. that will determine the scale of the war

So this is nothing more than an attempt by Turkey to raise its capital in the Muslim world. Much like Iran or Libya has done in the past. Hmmm... where did that get Libya agains? How's that working for Iran currently? Next.

Last edited:
We sure could use those "talking" and diplomacy skills our President is supposed to have.

World War III is about to break out, and our "President" is too busy doing another White House concert with celebrities.

Is Boy Wonder ever going to take his job seriously?

We sure could use those "talking" and diplomacy skills our President is supposed to have.

World War III is about to break out, and our "President" is too busy doing another White House concert with celebrities.

I seriously doubt WW3 is breaking out. The only thing breaking out is the American people from their stupor when they voted for the Democrats.
Make 11/2010 count.

So this is noting more than an attempt by Turkey to raise its capital in teh Muslim world. Much like Iran or Libya has done in the past. Hmmm... where did that get Libya agains? How's that working for Iran currently? Next.

Lybia
Libya lacks the history, size (economy, population, military) and proximity to Sunnite core lands.

Iran
Iran is Shiite, with the potential to tie the shoestrings of its Shiite relatives in Iraq.

Turkey is Sunnite, with the history of running the Sunnite core lands. (Seljuk+Ottoman dynasties).
It's economy produces also the equivalent to half the output of Middle-East and North-Africa combined --->
usmb.com weak-man of West-Asia

Mossad chief: Israel gradually becoming burden on U.S.
Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
That he says in the Knesset, the Israelian parliament.

US public might not see, but US government will know from internal documents and foresight studies which direction Middle-East is heading to, especially with the impasse of the EU-membership track of Turkey.
In that future, Turkey will have centered most of Middle-East around economical, and therefore political orbit of Turkey.

Not US public, which sympathizes with Israel, kicks Turkey out of NATO, but Turkey kicks Israel out of regional integration. So, if Turkey keeps her anger vis-a-vis Israel, Israel will become even more a liability for USA, which seeks to redeploy from Middle-East and wants to still have maximum possible influence through the shadow of allies, of which Turkey is the strongest horse and its muscles still growing.
World does not end tomorrow, Middle-East will still exist in 5 or 10 years, so the US interests.
And off course, events from today can lay down the path for events in future.

Probably for most people this was too much.
Take a dosis of real news, and your world will be OK again:
http://www.globaljihad.net/
http://www.foxnews.com/

Last edited:
Yesterday a Turkish diplomat Osman Lugulu ( i hope i spell is mame right) i thing that he is the Ex Turkish Ambassdor to USA was here and say that Erdogan fuill in building turkey, he said that Erdogan actions are a result of his islamic point of view ant etc... I will post that when someone will translate his speech to English.

An act of war should be met with the proper response. The US better back Israel in this. Turkey wants war, let them have it.

Conflict with USA changes everything for any nation in this world.
Once USA canalizes its whole capabilities against a foreign country, that country fights from this point on for survival. Seen at the Iranian art of survival campaign, Turkey would immediately re-configure whole foreign policy and create problems for USA to disperse the USA of canalizing her capabilities at Turkey.
There would be formed quaint alliances and some non-state actors would be born that target US interests.
There could be further implications like: Iranian-Turkish alliance, maybe that alliances would be such serious in strategic depth that others join in seeking to destroy the US world system.

Turkey has a high reputation in Muslim world, a reputation for voicing out Muslim interests on international level. There is an audience Turkey will receive sympathies from.
In your scenario, where USA takes side of Israel, this would be regarded as Jewish-Christian alliance targeting yet another Muslim country.
I don't know if Turkey would receive open support from Muslim countries, but I think yes, especially from Pakistan:
Pakistan?Turkey relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whilst the Arab Muslims fought the Ottomans in its ending days, the Muslims from the Sub-continent send money, food and material to Turkey.
Turkey always assisted Pakistan openly on dilomatic level in its wars with India and send military spare parts to Pakistan.

If Turkey and Iran form a goal-intended alliance to fight USA, even without with Pakistan factor supporting Turkey, that could be pretext for World-War based on religious lines with no puppet regime in Arab countries resisting the pressure form streets.

Now coming back to reality:
Turkey, unhindered by the Persian-Arab and Israeli-Arab rivalries, can do things for the United States in this region that Israel simply cant achieve. In short, Turkey is the more valuable ally to Washington than Israel.
Turkey means it when it says its relationship with Israel will not go back to what it once was. The two countries will likely maintain relations, but Israel will not be able to rely on Turkey as a regional ally. The United States, meanwhile, cannot afford to prioritize Israels interests over Turkeys. In this geopolitical climate, Israel lacks the luxury of options.
Free Article for Non-Members | STRATFOR

Turkey's strategic depth was always defined by military aspects in Cold-War.
Turkey sits on one of most valuable geographical assets, this will continue to be so. NOW the difference is, Turkey adds to her strategic depth also the soft-power things like economic outreach, and socially influencing a bunch of weak countries in the neighbourhood receptive for a "Plan C". "Plan A" is Arab-Jewish conflict, "Plan B" is Arab-Persian conflict.
"Plan C" is economic integration of Sunnite looser-countries behind Turkey, to make together the shift into a position of "having a say" in near future's world.

My best guess is that Turkey would invade Kurdish Iraq to keep U.S. troops tied up there....they can create problem in the Straights of Bospherous and the Med...completely destabilize the whole region....this is their threat in that region should they continue down this path.

Oh please Turkey isn't stupid. They will poster but there is no way they want a shooting war with Israel. Israel's air force would destroy Turkey.

I think that the main reason Turkey do all that is to change the world attention from Iran to Israel. until this event all eyes was to Iran and her nuke mow all eyes are to Irsael-Turkey-Gaza.

it all depends on how much us (the usa) and other western countries are willing to back israel. that will determine the scale of the war

I'm not even sure we will be a factor in anything that is to come.

I seriously doubt WW3 is breaking out. The only thing breaking out is the American people from their stupor when they voted for the Democrats.
Make 11/2010 count.

I don't know. World Wars do tend to break out when Radical progressives have control of the White House...

I think that the main reason Turkey do all that is to change the world attention from Iran to Israel. until this event all eyes was to Iran and her nuke mow all eyes are to Irsael-Turkey-Gaza.

Iranian operations against Israel have been known to be going on for quite some time. This is yet another example of it. This is a classic "bash Israel in the eyes of the world to get sympathy for the Palestinians" op. It serves the dual purpose of not only enflaming anti-Israel sentiment but it diverts attention away from the fact that nuclear weapons will be had by Iran within a year or 2.

I would hope they don't come to blows, but if they do, Israel will kick their collective asses, ....................

Perhaps given Israel's technical superiority, possession of nukes and lack of a common border where the simple dogged patriotism of the Turkish soldier cannot be brought to bear, BUT......... an unprovoked attack on a humanitarian convoy guarded by Turk forces would be an attack on Turkey a NATO member which compels US/Brits/French/Germans/Canadians ALL to rally to Turkey's side against the Israeli aggressor.

At best Israel MIGHT last a week.

Wrong as usual. Turkey has no right to break the blockade, any action taken by Israel will be defensive and will not invoke any NATO response.

Perhaps given Israel's technical superiority, possession of nukes and lack of a common border where the simple dogged patriotism of the Turkish soldier cannot be brought to bear, BUT......... an unprovoked attack on a humanitarian convoy guarded by Turk forces would be an attack on Turkey a NATO member which compels US/Brits/French/Germans/Canadians ALL to rally to Turkey's side against the Israeli aggressor.

At best Israel MIGHT last a week.

Not really, the US came out on the side of Israel..

A TOTALLY different situation exists if Israel attacks Turkey, a NATO member. Taking Israel down would be pure pleasure for hundreds of millions of Americans and Europeans. Hell gray as I am putting on the Uniform again to help kick their evil asses to the curb would be sweet.

Most of the world would jump at a change to join a coalition of the willing to put them down.

Not gonna happen. Obama can not attack Israel or he is toast. Further as already stated Israel will be acting in defense of her Sovereign rights. Any conflict will be the result of Turkish aggression meaning the NATO agreement is null and void.

I have no idea who would "win" the day between Isreal and Turkey, but I'm fairly sure that such an event would not bode well for US interests, either way.

I find it rather amusing that some of you are rattling sabers (or in this case is it scimitars?) as though you'd like to see this escalate into full blown war.

Let me remind you chickenhawks (yeah, that's right, chickenhawks -- none of you are going to be combatants -- what else can we think?) these two nations are both allied to the USA.

So you Americans with a blood lust for this war (regardless for whom you cheer to win) are not being especially patriotic.

If Israel would have me I would go there right now.

Forum List

Back