Turkish naval warships to accompany Turkish prime minister on the next aid mission

The Turkish military is not so under the thumb of the politicians as should be the case. They have come out and replaced the PM several times over the years, and then gone back to the barracks.

If he pushes the issue, the army will move, arrest the PM, put him in a mental institution and hold new elections.

They are also not above bare faced electoral fraud to get the result they want.

WOW! I wonder if that'll work here? :lol:

The Turkish Army??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....Not so fast .... Israel has been at war for 50 years...Turkey is soft.

you need to check your figures. israel lost in lebanon not too long ago and turkey has the 2nd biggest military besides us if I am not mistaken. They are also extremely trained and have advanced weapons. the only thing israel has over them is nukes

I would hope they don't come to blows, but if they do, Israel will kick their collective asses, ....................

Perhaps given Israel's technical superiority, possession of nukes and lack of a common border where the simple dogged patriotism of the Turkish soldier cannot be brought to bear, BUT......... an unprovoked attack on a humanitarian convoy guarded by Turk forces would be an attack on Turkey a NATO member which compels US/Brits/French/Germans/Canadians ALL to rally to Turkey's side against the Israeli aggressor.

At best Israel MIGHT last a week.

The Turkish Army??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....Not so fast .... Israel has been at war for 50 years...Turkey is soft.

you need to check your figures. israel lost in lebanon not too long ago and turkey has the 2nd biggest military besides us if I am not mistaken. They are also extremely trained and have advanced weapons. the only thing israel has over them is nukes

Dont know if we realy lost in Lebanon - i know that allot of people think like this even here but since that they stop sending booms to Isreal.

I would hope they don't come to blows, but if they do, Israel will kick their collective asses, ....................

Perhaps given Israel's technical superiority, possession of nukes and lack of a common border where the simple dogged patriotism of the Turkish soldier cannot be brought to bear, BUT......... an unprovoked attack on a humanitarian convoy guarded by Turk forces would be an attack on Turkey a NATO member which compels US/Brits/French/Germans/Canadians ALL to rally to Turkey's side against the Israeli aggressor.

Not really, the US came out on the side of Israel. Turkey might find itself kicked out of NATO as they should be. After all, it's a radical islamic country with ties to terrorist groups.

Last edited:

Not really, the US came out on the side of Israel. Turkey might find itself kicked out of NATA as they should be. After all, it's a radical islamic country with ties to terrorist groups.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not really, the US came out on the side of Israel..

A TOTALLY different situation exists if Israel attacks Turkey, a NATO member. Taking Israel down would be pure pleasure for hundreds of millions of Americans and Europeans. Hell gray as I am putting on the Uniform again to help kick their evil asses to the curb would be sweet.

Most of the world would jump at a change to join a coalition of the willing to put them down.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu
I have $100.00 on Israel...They will not be pushed around. They are perfectly within their right to defend themselves.

Admit Israel to NATO; it belongs there much more than Turkey does.

And go fuck yourself, nraforlife.

Ronald D. Asmus - Contain Iran: Admit Israel to NATO - washingtonpost.com

Not really, the US came out on the side of Israel..

A TOTALLY different situation exists if Israel attacks Turkey, a NATO member. Taking Israel down would be pure pleasure for hundreds of millions of Americans and Europeans. Hell gray as I am putting on the Uniform again to help kick their evil asses to the curb would be sweet.

Most of the world would jump at a change to join a coalition of the willing to put them down.

If Turkey tries to invade Israel, that is an "act of war".

I wonder if anti-semitism runs so high no one afflicted with it notices that if Israel goes, the next in line to be nuked will be the US?

FUCK every single person on USMB with an anti-Israel POV.

america_israel.jpg

Man, Turkey has to know they would get slaughtered if they entered a shooting a war with Israel. I mean for real.

This is nothing more than PR sabre rattling to establish Turkey's bona fides with the Syria/Iran/Jordan Islamic crowd. He will never do it, in part because he doesn't want to be blown out of the water by either Israel or his own troops.

I agree with rabbi, he won't do it.

I think the bigger concern would be Iran, but I think they are saber ratteling too.

I don't think they want to have their ships at the bottom of the ocean.

Although it might be a great opportunity to take out Iran's nuclear facilities.

Last edited:
Man, Turkey has to know they would get slaughtered if they entered a shooting a war with Israel. I mean for real.

highly unlikely. check otu the stats on turkeys military and artillery

I wonder if anti-semitism runs so high no one afflicted with it notices that if Israel goes, the next in line to be nuked will be the US?

FUCK every single person on USMB with an anti-Israel POV.

I much prefer:

fuck israel firsters

no one is stupid enough to nuke us

You have a very incompetent mouth, when it comes to foreign policy.

@topic
Now, most people know this about Turkey:
It is Muslim, the rest are assumptions whereby the assumptions are defined by the views of how an assumption-making person views Muslims in general.
There is no chance a Turkish Prime Minister joins an aid mission.
If Prime MInister intends to visit Gaza, this will be done through appropriate channels: Protocoll of State-Visit and off course all preparations would be met to ensure saftey of Prime Minister.

To the folks, that believe, Turkey would be crushed in a military stand-off:
A land conflict between Israel-Turkey is impossible without Syrian participation. It is the laws of geography and a non-existant border between Israel-Turkey.
So conflict would be in air and sea.
Both airforces have air-refueling capacity, and the distances are short. No matter if the conflict would be near to Turkish or Israelian coast, it is in the reach of both Air-Forces.
Israelian Navy is a coastal guard, Turkish Navy is multiple times bigger and in the transformation period to a "Blue sea"-navy.
As such, Turkish Navy has different warships with different purpose: Anti-Air-Warfare, Multi-Role, Anti-Submarine etc...

Israel:
- 3 Corvettes
- 3 Submarines
Israeli Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey:
- 19 Frigates
- 7 Corvettes
- 10 Submarines
Turkish Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there is to be a conflict, it must be in the next coming years.
Why?
Turkish Navy is building additional war-ships that are cumulative multiple times bigger then current Israelian Navy.
- 6 state-of-the art AAW Frigates, with the tonnage of a destroyer.
TF2000 class frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 12 new Corvettes
Milgem class corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 6 new Submarines
Type 214 submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the next years, Turkish Navy will have this size, accordingly to the transformation into a "blue-sea" navy:
- 25 Frigates
- 19 Corvettes
- 16 Submarines

Israelian Navy would be sunk at first sight, probably within hours, and the various warships would at this point take their duty according to their built roles like Anti-Air-Warfare.
Off course, Turkish Navy would also apply commercial Sea Bloackade of Israel.
Welcome in the real world!

Also, people tend to believe, in a conflict, the states do only utilize existing forces.
No. Civilian capabilities are re-directed to the war-efforts, budgets are adjusted to Procurement. Industry might be switched to war-economy.
Without generous aids from the outside world, Israel can't replace its hardware at the rate it will be sunk or is being shot-down.
The procurement and replacement factor, short, the "putting new toys on battlefield"-process will be performed in a much more serious way by Turkey.
That is not a claim but follows rules of Economics -->:

Israel GDP:
$206.9 billion (2009 est.)
Economy of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey GDP:
$880.061 billion[2] (2009 est.)
Economy of Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you ask me, the more the conflict widens in time, the more I would bet on Turkey. Especially when Israel relies on the seas for its commerce and Turkish Navy would apply the "I have to redirect your commercial ship to North-Cyprus for inspections"-game. The Israelis know this game, but not from this point of game-changer. :eusa_whistle:

As a person who speaks also fluent German I read also German sources.
In general it can be said, that German media does not buy Israelian propaganda like US public does.
So it is: USA and Israel have a special relation on level of Public Relations.
The Israeli strategy seems to link Turkey to Radicalism, whilst this might play in US public it does not play elsewhere.
Other societies do have more knowledge of Turkey.

Ongoing Turkish contribution to world peace:
- UNMIS (UN mission in Sudan)
- UNOMIG (UN Mission in Georgia)
- ALTHEA (EU Mission in Bosnia-Hercegovina)
- KFOR (NATO Mission in Kosovo)
- ISAF (NATO Mission in Afghanistan)
- UNIFIL (UN Mission in Lebanon)
- Pirate Mission in Gulf of Aden
Turkish General Staff Official Web Site - Main Page

Independent from the question of Turkish membership in NATO, Turkey will in future contribute to peace and stability missions as a responsibility to world community.
People who say, Turkey should be kicked out of NATO have an arrogant approach that comes from nescience of world and geopolitics.
Turkey is not kicked out, Turkey might leave NATO out of own motivation in near future, which is a possibility.

Only the morons have no infos on Turkey, those kind of people just know Turkey is Muslim and reflect their assumptions based on their general view of Muslims on Turkey.
US public is certainly not world public, and US public might in future still influence US administration, but US administration looses year for year its "Washington decides, world has to follow" kind of world system.
Hail the 21st century, and hail all ascending powers in this transformation phase!!!

Now coming back to Israel-Turkey.
I can exclude military stand-off. But in this evolving 21century order, noone has the luxury to (quoting George Friedman here) make assumptions that are invalidated and were valid decades ago. World moves on.
The Israelis can't see the world of 2015, 2020.
In that near future's world, nothing in the Middle-East will be done against Turkey's interest.
By 2023, Turkey will be 10th biggest world economy as a non-resource Eurasian country,
usmb.com weak-man of West-Asia
will have consolidated economic integration with its surrounding regions. Israelians will still be sucking US cock, intriguing the US public from Washington and will mourn US's "getting things done"-capability of the 20th century.

In the world of near future, Turkey will seek support besides Washington also from other world powers, and Turkey will be a country whose support will be sought by others.

Have further fun in your blackmail rhetoric strategy, mixing some words like Terrorism/Radicalism into one soup that in end-effect will be spooned by yourself and will not take you anywhere other then a blind alley. You are just some Christo-Judeanofascists with whom the relations have to be reduced just to a neutral commercial level.

New Topics

Forum List

Back