Tucker - disappointed?

He probably expected Putin to get to CURRENT events and faster..

Putin, in rambling interview, barely lets Tucker Carlson get a word in
By Francesca Ebel.
Updated February 8, 2024.

Interview control isn't difficult for those experienced. All politicians do it if you watch, even worse when that politician has intelligence training.

Tucker did ok. He wasn't as forceful as one would like but he is a guest interviewing a head of state, even if he is on the other side, you have to show some deference due to the relationship dynamic.

He poked in a few direct questions and the interview will be of value to the West. They have to understand that Putin knows this as well so many of his questions are more cryptic than they appear since he will employ deception at will.

Here is a "tell", notice when he releases a lengthy sigh when asked a question he believes his answer will be dissected. To me this is one of those "well I don't know"...he is trying to be coy. Notice though he didn't want it to end without a fitting finish, he also went from his sigh to "yeah, I will entertain some trade (of spies), while reiterating and not devaluing the captive he has as a "serious spy". He went from playing poker to a more honest, "call me CIA and we will talk" (about an exchange).

Underneath it all he is still a tyrant who has ordered the killing of many. He isn't alone in the world in this regard though and like most humans he is complicated. The same global leaders happily met with him numerous times knowing his past and it wasn't until they were booted out of the G8 after Crimea that the West decided to take the moral high ground, if they really did at all.

We are a strange species that aliens would hopefully find antique.

The post-USSR period was terribly mishandled by those in charge in the U.S. All that has followed was entirely predictable and avoidable. Those responsible are the same who were involved in equally great errors since then, especially Iraq. Some are still in power.
Putin rode the wave that America's tragic management made possible. He owes his present situation to that.
Today's America is paying the price for all this. The duopoly that engorges itself on the body politic of our nation mouths criticism of Putin, yet he is its creation.
History is full of figures like Putin. There are common traits that run through time. Clever persons devoid of empathy or care, force into power and reign disastrously. Reporting on them is of some interest, but changes nothing.

Tucker was amazing! great interview! :thup:

One of the best journalists in the US these days, if not the best!

1707529235329.png

Putin, unlike Biden, showed zero signs of senility. He also provided historical context to why Russia is involved in the Ukraine. Interesting that Russia suggested to Bill Clinton that they become a member of NATO and was denied.

Yes, that's true! :)

Actually that was the useful part as far as CIA annalists are concerned....I hope they take heed....Russia is not going away.

Tucker considers himself crafty but he met-up with the master of craftyness.
Fucker is nothing more than a useful idiot for russian propaganda.

Tucker was amazing! great interview! :thup:
I wouldn't say amazing but pretty good. I like both Tucker and Putin but I think Tucker could have (should have) pushed Putin just a little bit more and I think Putin could have (should have) pushed Tucker a bit more. THE BIGGEST EXAMPLE is the question about Paul Whelan (is that his name?). Tucker made too much about the guy's innocence (how would Tucker know if he's innocent or not?) and Putin didn't counter Tucker's prejudice by mentioning Julian Assange who is most certainly innocent of any crime.
One of the best journalists in the US these days, if not the best!
Yes, but the good die young.

One point that stood out to me was when Putin congratulated Biden on winning the presidency, but the Biden administration has never been in communication with Putin since. Apparently a worse communication situation than in the cold war years. It sums up many facets of the Biden adminstration in a bad way.

(1) It is we who are disappointed by Mr. C.

(2) He should never have stepped foot in Russia, let alone "interviewed" that individual.

(3) That individual is beyond the pale.

(4) The tragic suffering of the Ukrainian (and Russian) people during these last 2 years has been so senseless.

That there is no excuse for Biden or Trump does not infer that there is an excuse for Putin. He is everything that any true American would reject. The "interview" is nothing major and changes nothing.

That there is no excuse for Biden or Trump does not infer that there is an excuse for Putin. He is everything that any true American would reject. The "interview" is nothing major and changes nothing.
What do you mean by "any true American"? Are you equating the scum of the CIA and the Whine House as "true American"?

Actually that was the useful part as far as CIA annalists are concerned....I hope they take heed....Russia is not going away.

Through two hours only Putin has completely smashed the entirely western propaganda of the last twenty years

Pootin was the head of the KGB, so it makes sense he's good at controlling an interview.

Forum List

Back