Tucker Carlson. "I have seen the enemy and he is I"

I’ve only seen his show a few times and never thought that. He was very respectful to Jimmy Dore, Max Blumenthal, and Glenn Greenwald.

Your bias may be effecting your judgment.

I too have only seen his show a few times mostly due to him being unwatchable to me.

Bias effects us all.

Why is it that so many Americans are unable to face the truth? I suppose I should post that question in the Psychology Section...

This is the part that cracks me up the most about his little video.....he had literally been off work for 3 days when he made that video.

Had he never taken a vacation all that time working for CNN or MSNBC or FoxNews of more than 3 days?
Vacation and not having a job are two vastly different things. When I am on vacation, my job is still on my mind, when I was laid off, I didn’t need to think of work, I was released and I thought about my next steps, where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do, kind of a new beginning.

Vacation and not having a job are two vastly different things. When I am on vacation, my job is still on my mind

I am sorry to hear that. What a terrible way to waste a vacation. I can admit I was once that way. But now my job is not even on my mind on the weekends, let alone on vacation.

when I was laid off, I didn’t need to think of work, I was released and I thought about my next steps, where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do, kind of a new beginning.

And in 3 days you figured it all out! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I’m betting these reports of Tucker being a dick are character assassination attempts designed to cover the real reason for his firing.

Like lying, being a dick is standard operating procedure for big time TV hosts.

Tucker bad mouthed Trump and mocked Fox management

Unforgiveable sins at Fox

I actually met that old news host Brian Williams in person one night at an airport I used to manage at night. It was my birthday in 2002. A hurricane was coming and he was showing up to report on it. I had just let Vince and Stephanie Mcmahon (then owners of the WWE) out to their jet because they were getting out of dodge ahead of the hurricane. I turn around and I'm totally alone on the dark ramp but see a figure standing in the door. (You need a security badge to enter the ramp area and he didn't have one.) I walked over and opened the door and Brian Williams is just standing there, I shook his hand and he asked me about a rental car.

I thought that was pretty cool, I got a rental car for Brian Williams. We didn't talk politics, he was just a laid back cool dude. A lot taller than I thought he'd be.

I am sorry to hear that. What a terrible way to waste a vacation. I can admit I was once that way. But now my job is not even on my mind on the weekends, let alone on vacation.

And in 3 days you figured it all out! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
I don’t mind, I love my job, I like it and really don’t like vacations, I take a vacation once every two years or so. Over 20 years ago I was laid off from a terrible organization and didn’t realize how much I hated and loathed it until I was let go, the first day I was miserable however after The first day, I realized I had choices and could use this to start over and it changed my perspective, I’m not sure of the time, but it was in a week. Anyway, from that point on, I only work where I enjoy working, life is much easier and less stressful.

I don’t mind, I love my job, I like it and really don’t like vacations, I take a vacation once every two years or so. Over 20 years ago I was laid off from a terrible organization and didn’t realize how much I hated and loathed it until I was let go, the first day I was miserable however after The first day, I realized I had choices and could use this to start over and it changed my perspective, I’m not sure of the time, but it was in a week. Anyway, from that point on, I only work where I enjoy working, life is much easier and less stressful.

I have had jobs I enjoy, I enjoy my current job a great deal. I loved being a Marine, but never so much that I did not enjoy being on leave.

To me in the end a job is just a tool, and ends to a mean as it were. Once I feel I have accumulated enough wealth to sustain me till I am dead with a bit left over for the kids to inherit I will never work another day. While I loved being a Marine, it did not really help much with that goal!

Over time I have realized there are so many things in life more important than my job. I can honestly say I do not think about my job on the weekend unless I get a call from someone on my team that needs immediate attention.

I’m betting these reports of Tucker being a dick are character assassination attempts designed to cover the real reason for his firing.

Like lying, being a dick is standard operating procedure for big time TV hosts.

ii
He wasn’t a dick on his show. They claim his was a dick to his producers and subordinates.

He was most definitely a dick on his show. His lies about racial minorities, immigrants and non-Christians. His misogyny and antipathy towards women was palpable.

His lies about the stolen election helped propel people to Washington to join in the January 6 insurrection.

Last, but not least is his promotion of Russian propaganda and anti-democratic authoritarians. His infatuation with right wing authoritarian dictators like Viktor Orban and Putin.

In the end, Carlson was fired because his extremism was costing Fox billions and lost advertising revenues, defamation settlements, and now sexual harassment claims.

What does it say about the Republican Part that so many of their top leadership are being accused of abuse and violence towards women? While at the same time, Republicans are stripping women of the right of self determination and the right to life saving prenatal medical care.

ii

He was most definitely a dick on his show. His lies about racial minorities, immigrants and non-Christians. His misogyny and antipathy towards women was palpable.

His lies about the stolen election helped propel people to Washington to join in the January 6 insurrection.

Last, but not least is his promotion of Russian propaganda and anti-democratic authoritarians. His infatuation with right wing authoritarian dictators like Viktor Orban and Putin.

In the end, Carlson was fired because his extremism was costing Fox billions and lost advertising revenues, defamation settlements, and now sexual harassment claims.

What does it say about the Republican Part that so many of their top leadership are being accused of abuse and violence towards women? While at the same time, Republicans are stripping women of the right of self determination and the right to life saving prenatal medical care.
Why did you watch him?

To paraphrase Pogo I had to chuckle at this piece. Tucker condemns everything that he is.

“One of the first things you realize when you step outside the noise for a few days is how many genuinely nice people there are in this country,” Carlson started. “Kind and decent people, people who really care about what’s true.

Well yes, that's pretty much one of the major reasons he was fired. People who care what was true over lies for ratings.

He continued, “The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we had them.

Yep the vast majority of the things he debated on his show.

Trust me, as someone who has participated. And then at the same time, and this is the amazing thing, the undeniably big topics, the ones that will define our future, get virtually no discussion at all. War. Civil liberties. Emerging science. Demographic change. Corporate power. Natural resources. When was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues? It’s been a long time. Debates like that are not permitted in American media.”

Tucker, no one will ever trust you but yes, those are the things you should have pushed to have on your show. Instead you promoted the lies and dog and pony shows.

“Both political parties, and their donors, have reached consensus on what benefits them, and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it. Suddenly, the United States looks very much like a one-party state. That’s a depressing realization, but it’s not permanent. Our current orthodoxies won’t last.

He just now realizes this? He has understood it all along but worked hard to promote the very thing he is now condemning?

Tucker Carlson Issues Vague Statement in Wake of His Firing by Fox News
The way he talks is very effective. He is literally telling them what to think. Using "you" instead of "I" makes all the difference.

To paraphrase Pogo I had to chuckle at this piece. Tucker condemns everything that he is.

“One of the first things you realize when you step outside the noise for a few days is how many genuinely nice people there are in this country,” Carlson started. “Kind and decent people, people who really care about what’s true.

Well yes, that's pretty much one of the major reasons he was fired. People who care what was true over lies for ratings.

He continued, “The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we had them.

Yep the vast majority of the things he debated on his show.

Trust me, as someone who has participated. And then at the same time, and this is the amazing thing, the undeniably big topics, the ones that will define our future, get virtually no discussion at all. War. Civil liberties. Emerging science. Demographic change. Corporate power. Natural resources. When was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues? It’s been a long time. Debates like that are not permitted in American media.”

Tucker, no one will ever trust you but yes, those are the things you should have pushed to have on your show. Instead you promoted the lies and dog and pony shows.

“Both political parties, and their donors, have reached consensus on what benefits them, and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it. Suddenly, the United States looks very much like a one-party state. That’s a depressing realization, but it’s not permanent. Our current orthodoxies won’t last.

He just now realizes this? He has understood it all along but worked hard to promote the very thing he is now condemning?

Tucker Carlson Issues Vague Statement in Wake of His Firing by Fox News
Variety?!?....GAFB.

I don’t consume corporate TV news, but Tucker has been very outspoken on several very sensitive issues of late. Reading about his comments on the CIA killing JFK/RFK and his several anti-war/anti-vax guests (attacking big pharma that pays his salary), and exposing the lies regarding 1/6 is what I suspect got him fired. Much like Phil Donahue at MSNBC for daring to criticize the run up to the Iraq War.

Just check the roster of all the people rubbing their hands with glee over this....BigPharm, BigBureaucrat, the Pentagon & military-industrial complex, the police/surveillance state, the usual moonbat media lackeys....A literal rogue's gallery of the modern fascist State.

Just check the roster of all the people rubbing their hands with glee over this....BigPharm, BigBureaucrat, the Pentagon & military-industrial complex, the police/surveillance state, the usual moonbat media lackeys....A literal rogue's gallery of the modern fascist State.
And unfortunately many on the left are celebrating. Much of the left have been completely controlled by those nefarious organizations you mentioned. They used to be skeptical of government power and strongly anti-war. No more.

I’m guessing their pathological hatred of Trump has completely fucked them up.Now they are in lockstep with the establishment.

What truth?
Many truths. The truth that our 2 party system is intellectually and morally bankrupt, for example. The truth that we do not have democracy here, we have a fascist oligarchy, for example.

There are many truths that many americans simply cannot face in a rational manner. That the shots are neither safe nor effective, but very much the opposite, that they are bioweapons.

Your turn

Many truths. The truth that our 2 party system is intellectually and morally bankrupt, for example. The truth that we do not have democracy here, we have a fascist oligarchy, for example.

There are many truths that many americans simply cannot face in a rational manner. That the shots are neither safe nor effective, but very much the opposite, that they are bioweapons.

Your turn

Fairly certain you'll not get much of a disagreement.

Your turn
You shouldn’t think out of the box and believe there is anything better than the two parties that work for the rich. You should listen to the lemmings mindset that if you don’t vote for one of the two parties you are wasting your vote.

Change is not acceptable.

Forum List

Back