TSA Screener Accosts 3 Year Old Child at Security Checkpoint

Ok. I'll buy the security thing. We need it.
What we should not have to tolerate a bunch of uneducated untrained $8 or $10 per hour workers who have virtual absolute authority over the traveling public.

I think this hits the nail on the head. This is really what people dislike. Hospitality goes a long way, and it is sorely lacking in this area.

Why?

Everything that happened on 9/11 was the result of allowing people to carry small weapons and cable ties aboard planes. In other words, it could have been prevented with a simple rule change. Why do we need to treat everyone who flies like a terrorist rather than make the actual changes needed?

Yes, simple changes would have stopped the box cutters. How about the underwear bomber? We change they change. We need to get ahead of them not play catch up. I don't know how to do that, do you?

What about him? The new scanners do not detect liquids or plastics, and the pat downs would probably miss an underwear bomb. If we really need to get ahead of them, why are you advocating that we play catch up?

That's just it. First i don't know what the scanners will not pick up on. Seems to me they should catch plastics and liquids. But I can be wrong.
We have been playing catch up since the 70's with the Bader-Monhoff gang AKA the Red Brigade in Germany.
They would hit us and we would change how we did things. We were even told not to drive the same routes every day. Hard to change the route you take to work every day when you only have to drive one to three miles. They would crash a car bomb into a gate, we would put up sand or concrete barriers.
The explode a bomb in a parking lot we issue guards a mirror on a stick.
Decades of catch up. I don't advocate it I want to beat them down.

Yes, simple changes would have stopped the box cutters. How about the underwear bomber? We change they change. We need to get ahead of them not play catch up. I don't know how to do that, do you?

What about him? The new scanners do not detect liquids or plastics, and the pat downs would probably miss an underwear bomb. If we really need to get ahead of them, why are you advocating that we play catch up?

That's just it. First i don't know what the scanners will not pick up on. Seems to me they should catch plastics and liquids. But I can be wrong.
We have been playing catch up since the 70's with the Bader-Monhoff gang AKA the Red Brigade in Germany.
They would hit us and we would change how we did things. We were even told not to drive the same routes every day. Hard to change the route you take to work every day when you only have to drive one to three miles. They would crash a car bomb into a gate, we would put up sand or concrete barriers.

How many times do I need to post this video?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrKvweNugnQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

TSA is all about the last attack, not the next one. It does nothing but make people feel good, and fails to stop anything. Cargo is a lot more dangerous than passengers, and has been used to bring down passenger jets in the past, yet we still allow cargo on planes without screening it. Why are you willing put up with being groped, yet unworried that someone carris computers on the plane? Do you have any idea how easy it is to overheat a battery and cause an explosion? Put a few of those together and they will bring down any plane.

Once again; All those who wish to opt out of security screening may do so and they can fly on a separate jetliner than those of us who prefer to get to where we are going in one piece.

Have fun trying to find a pilot to fly your unsecured plane. But for your enjoyment during the flight you can play bomb, bomb, who has the bomb?

There truly are people out there that want to kill you and your family. Why is this so hard to remember?

Continuing the same ineffective argument does nothing. For the 50,000th time, nobody is saying we shouldn't have security measures. We are saying that we don't want nor need these specific measure being addressed.

I haven't seen one person come up with anything that would work better. That is anything that the bleeding hearts would allow.

Inconvenient or too expensive to save American lives. Their baggage & personal possessions should go on another cargo flight about 3 days before they depart. They won't have anything to carry aboard. Just x-ray them and stick them in a passenger seat.

Last edited:

TSA is all about the last attack, not the next one. It does nothing but make people feel good, and fails to stop anything. Cargo is a lot more dangerous than passengers, and has been used to bring down passenger jets in the past, yet we still allow cargo on planes without screening it. Why are you willing put up with being groped, yet unworried that someone carris computers on the plane? Do you have any idea how easy it is to overheat a battery and cause an explosion? Put a few of those together and they will bring down any plane.

I heard the guy trying to explain why the scanner didn't see some of the objects but couldn't understand because of the translator. I know he said that the guy would have had to remove his jacket in an actual airport, so the bottles of what seemed to be the components for a low grade thermite would have been found. I don't know what the other objects were. But regardless, even with the scanners we are playing catch up. I don't want to regress in our security, I want to use everything we have and then some. Don't understand why anyone would want less security. Unless as someone mentioned they have a death wish.

Dear terrorists,

Please consider placing a bomb in you brain. Then the TSA can perform labotomies on all airline passengers.

Thanks in advance,

The nonflying public

I heard the guy trying to explain why the scanner didn't see some of the objects but couldn't understand because of the translator. I know he said that the guy would have had to remove his jacket in an actual airport, so the bottles of what seemed to be the components for a low grade thermite would have been found. I don't know what the other objects were. But regardless, even with the scanners we are playing catch up. I don't want to regress in our security, I want to use everything we have and then some. Don't understand why anyone would want less security. Unless as someone mentioned they have a death wish.

If you watch the video you will see him pulling the bottles from his pants. PETN is easily smuggled on board a plane, is undetectable using current methods, and can easily bring down a plane.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyrj8mKGXEc[/ame]

Do you honestly think a pat down would find a package of powder hidden in your underwear if you wanted to get it through? Why do you think terrorists will be dumber than you are?

I don't want less security, I want smarter security, and we are not getting that. I do not understand why anyone would settle for less.

Forum List

Back