TSA Screener Accosts 3 Year Old Child at Security Checkpoint

That is just the Liberal way. They get all emotional and curse like a high school kid but fail to address the point of the debate.

really? thats funny. I guess you don't spend much time reading the rightwingnuts' posts.

vile, disgusting, name-calling, loons.

but if you pretend hard enough, maybe you can make yourself believe it's true.

Huggy's response proves my assertion while you just spew opinions with no fact.

I do not believe that it is. Anti-terrorism is not apples and oranges. That is your contention. Trying to seperate out air transportation as a special case is foolish. It is much more complex than that. Terrorism is the whole fruit stand.

Do you really think terrorists are not constantly probing all means of exploiting our society to their advantage?

If your so called point is that this thread is about a little brat used by her parents to make a scene and then further exploit the kid to make some political statement and that I have transgressed to include more aspects of the problem including my contention that holding Israel up on a damn pedistal is rediculous as the supreme authority on terrorism prevention...well..I guess you could make some lame case.

BUT ... OUR countries methods of preventing terrorism along many fronts do include a "show" of vigilance at airports. I agree with it precisely because I am certain that we are working hard in many areas including profiling behind the scenes.

Israel's record at preventing terrorism is dismal. They have a tiny country with massive security at their borders and still they fail miserably. We have many thousands times more targets and many more real enemies than Israel..yup ..there is another myth busted.

How many countries has Israel attacked recently on any kind of scale like Desert Storm and whatever the Fuck we called the last illegal invasion of Iraq. Oh ya..and there is Afgahnistan where we kill muslims every day. I'm not saying we shouldn't have gone into Afgahnistan...but we showed weakness to the terrorists by not going straight after Osama Bin Ladin. THAT would have sent a message. Now terrorists think we are stupid and they can tie up our military for years with a handful of devouted rag tag fundimentalists.

There is this misconception that Israel is constantly under seige...CRAP! OUR armed forces are in harms way..not thiers..

But back to the little brat... I'm glad she made a fuss and nothing came of it. I hope ALL the terrorists were watching.

Gotta tell ya sunshine, ya shoulda stayed out of this one.

Twat

That's it?...That's all you've got?..Twat?
That was easy.
Now you will try another clever response....Have at it....fat drunk stupid Sound Clip and Quote

That is just the Liberal way. They get all emotional and curse like a high school kid but fail to address the point of the debate.

really? thats funny. I guess you don't spend much time reading the rightwingnuts' posts.

You're equally bad at pretending you never see anyone on the left do anything wrong. BOth sides have loonies that do such things. Why you chastise those on the right who don't acknowledge this fact befuddles me based on the fact you yourself don't do it about the left.

Metal detectors in Isreal for 3 year old girls, long lines, screening of everyone including old ladies before they enter the terminals?
Not in Isreal. They PROFILE ALL in Isreal, they show bias against all Arabs and eastern Europeans and know the flight information for each passenger before the people pass the security checkpoints. Nothing like what we do here.
They do it nothing like we do it here in Isreal. In Isreal EACH flight has their own check point. They do show bias in Isreal.
Here we check everyone for weapons only. In Isreal they look for TERRORISTS first and foremost and detain all that look like one. I know as I have a former Mossad agent working part time for my agency.
And yet, they STILL have metal detectors in Israel, and they will STILL investigate anyone who sets one off. This isn't really a difficult concept. Ask your former ninja turned cubicle monkey.

Beware of those 3yr. old little girls!!! They want to destroy our way of life! WTG TSA!!...Man,what a mess. Just fire the TSA Director and Homeland Security Director right now. It might help. These people are completely clueless. Oh well,i guess you're all Terrorists now. Happy travels. :(
I see you couldn't actually respond to the topic at hand so just spammed the same garbage over and over. :lol:

You know, we spend a lot of time and effort teaching our children that they shouldn't let strangers touch or handle them, and all the bad things that can happen as a result.

I didn't see anyone gently doing anything. I didn't see any reassurance of the little girl.
Then go watch again. Her mom picked her up for a reason. If you don't understand the difference between bad touch and a security guard doing something while mom is holding a child, you're pretty clueless. Kids act the same way at the doctor's office.

What's bogus is your incredibly failed attempt to compare apples to oranges. We are talking about Israel's airport security, of which they have a 100% perfect record going back more than three decades. Your argument is invalid.
Israel-US.jpg

maybe we should compare our major international transportation hubs to airports in Iceland? Why not compare it to security at the movie theaters? Or are you actually suggesting we follow Israel's lead and let all the Jews through and severely question and pat down everyone else?

By the way: despite you continually saying they have a 100% perfect record, that's not actually true. It's close, but someone got a knife on board a plane a few years back.

maybe we should compare our major international transportation hubs to airports in Iceland? Why not compare it to security at the movie theaters? Or are you actually suggesting we follow Israel's lead and let all the Jews through and severely question and pat down everyone else?

By the way: despite you continually saying they have a 100% perfect record, that's not actually true. It's close, but someone got a knife on board a plane a few years back.

While I agree that there is no way the US could use Israel's security methods, and have actually said so, that is no reason to mischaracterize them the way you just did. They use psychological profiling and base extra scrutiny on the way people react to key questions and how nervous they are. They will screen anyone who reacts the wrong way, even Jews.

Once again; All those who wish to opt out of security screening may do so and they can fly on a separate jetliner than those of us who prefer to get to where we are going in one piece.

Have fun trying to find a pilot to fly your unsecured plane. But for your enjoyment during the flight you can play bomb, bomb, who has the bomb?

There truly are people out there that want to kill you and your family. Why is this so hard to remember?

Huggy's response proves my assertion while you just spew opinions with no fact.

Your one dementional "assertion" that terrorism has one seperate division that only seeks ways of boarding American aircraft autonamous from all other terrorism only "proves" you are stuck trying to confirm your weak analysis and are not intersted in looking at a bigger picture.

Once again; All those who wish to opt out of security screening may do so and they can fly on a separate jetliner than those of us who prefer to get to where we are going in one piece.

Have fun trying to find a pilot to fly your unsecured plane. But for your enjoyment during the flight you can play bomb, bomb, who has the bomb?

There truly are people out there that want to kill you and your family. Why is this so hard to remember?

Continuing the same ineffective argument does nothing. For the 50,000th time, nobody is saying we shouldn't have security measures. We are saying that we don't want nor need these specific measure being addressed.

Continuing the same ineffective argument does nothing. For the 50,000th time, nobody is saying we shouldn't have security measures. We are saying that we don't want nor need these specific measure being addressed.

I haven't seen one person come up with anything that would work better. That is anything that the bleeding hearts would allow.

Want and need are two separate issues. I don't WANT to be hassled by any security. But we need it. And this is what differentiates the children from the adults: children don't understand the reason for bigger issues that hinder their instant gratification.

You tell Ollie he is saying the same thing over and over again. So are you. Go ahead: tell us Israeli security is great.Now try implementing it here. You still haven't avoided a girl getting patted down for setting off a metal detector. People like you will complain no matter what.

I haven't seen one person come up with anything that would work better. That is anything that the bleeding hearts would allow.

The old screenings work just as well, so why change them?

Ollie, we need security. The methods used now are contrary to a society which believes and lives under the assumption of innocence.
The TSA is approaching this as though everyone is a potential threat.
Ok. I'll buy the security thing. We need it.
What we should not have to tolerate a bunch of uneducated untrained $8 or $10 per hour workers who have virtual absolute authority over the traveling public.
In most incidents where a traveler asked to see a supervisor or questioned the treatment they received from TSA, was met with even harsher treatment.
People opting out of the virtual strip search scanners are deliberately and loudly called out to suffer an embarassing in- public view grope which the government refers to as a "pat down"...
This is no way to treat innocent airline customers.
Don't back down on security. Don't allow untrained arrogant angry workers to treat people like shit.

Most OK with TSA full-body scanners

In the poll, 78% of respondents said they approved of using the scanners, and 67% said they are comfortable being examined by one. Eighty-four percent said the machines would help stop terrorists from carrying explosives onto airplanes. The survey was taken Jan. 5-6 of 542 adults who have flown at least twice in the past year.

Most OK with TSA full-body scanners - USATODAY.com

Yet at the same time I find this:

The Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General conducted a nine-month audit of TSA training that included visits to eight major airports and interviews with 385 screeners and supervisors. It found instances of screeners being told by managers to sign off on completing training they never took, screeners trying to go through recurrent training in break rooms with co-workers chatting, and screeners training with images from old X-ray machines after upgraded machines with different displays were already in use.

TSA Training Lacking, Investigators Find - The Middle Seat Terminal - WSJ

But we still need better security than the pre 9-11 type.

In the poll, 78% of respondents said they approved of using the scanners, and 67% said they are comfortable being examined by one. Eighty-four percent said the machines would help stop terrorists from carrying explosives onto airplanes. The survey was taken Jan. 5-6 of 542 adults who have flown at least twice in the past year.

The Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General conducted a nine-month audit of TSA training that included visits to eight major airports and interviews with 385 screeners and supervisors. It found instances of screeners being told by managers to sign off on completing training they never took, screeners trying to go through recurrent training in break rooms with co-workers chatting, and screeners training with images from old X-ray machines after upgraded machines with different displays were already in use.

Why?

Everything that happened on 9/11 was the result of allowing people to carry small weapons and cable ties aboard planes. In other words, it could have been prevented with a simple rule change. Why do we need to treat everyone who flies like a terrorist rather than make the actual changes needed?

Why?

Everything that happened on 9/11 was the result of allowing people to carry small weapons and cable ties aboard planes. In other words, it could have been prevented with a simple rule change. Why do we need to treat everyone who flies like a terrorist rather than make the actual changes needed?

Yes, simple changes would have stopped the box cutters. How about the underwear bomber? We change they change. We need to get ahead of them not play catch up. I don't know how to do that, do you?

Why?

Yes, simple changes would have stopped the box cutters. How about the underwear bomber? We change they change. We need to get ahead of them not play catch up. I don't know how to do that, do you?

What about him? The new scanners do not detect liquids or plastics, and the pat downs would probably miss an underwear bomb. If we really need to get ahead of them, why are you advocating that we play catch up?

Forum List

Back