TSA patting down 6 year old threat

Living in fear isn't a good way to live. Especially under the guise of safety.

Live free or die, I always say

feel free not to fly.

No one is forcing you to get on a plane. It's a choice you make on your own. And people need to realize it isn't all about them. Most people who died when terrorists hijacked the plane on 9/11 weren't even on the plane.

We must stop the evil 6yr old Terrorists!! They're a menace to our way of life!! They just hate our Freedoms!!...At this point i would have to ask these Government Goose Steppers...What Freedoms?? Seriously people,how can anyone defend this absurdity. All those $Billions spent on the TSA and this is what they come up with? Very very sad stuff.

I wonder what would be worse.......

1) Government Goose Steppers doing their best to ensure safe flights

OR

2) Getting blown up in mid-air

You decide.

Living in fear isn't a good way to live. Especially under the guise of safety.

Live free or die, I always say

So there should be no search or safety measures when boarding an aircraft? Ditto at the Mexican border?

Umm you ever read the fine print in the ticket contract you enter into when you buy one?

You buy a ticket you consent to the security measures. A legitamate business contract.

And I thought rightwingers were pro business rights.

Really?

The TSA is a government agency, not a business I am contracting with.

But, since you mentioned it, here is United Airlines contract of carriage.

United Airlines - Contract of Carriage, Airline Passengers and Baggage

It doesn't say anything about submitting to a search.

Umm I guess you missed this part of it then?
"Incorporated terms include, but are not limited to provisions contained in this document and on the electronic ticket record"

Does that mention searches? Even if it does, how does that give the government the right to search me just because I fly? Or take a train? Or even just get off a train?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1B3AubsTBo]YouTube - TSA harassing and searching a 9 year old[/ame]

You can't win this debate on the terms you are trying to use because the TSA doesn't do what you think it does.

Tell me how searching a pregnant woman would have found the bomb in her checked luggage.

I dare you.

But the thing is they checked. And she was flying El Al, who have much stricter controls than any other airline....

But don't worry, I'm sure if another Richard Reid or that loon from Nigeria does something successful, and their port of exit was the US, you'll more than happily ream the TSA.

Another rightie - no solutions, just bitch and moan....

As an aside, I don't like it any more than you do, but that is the reality of the world YOU live in. There are literally thousands (if not 10s of 1000s) who actively want to destroy your country.....

Take a cab!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQt8wxHpTU&feature=related]YouTube - The Gauntlet[/ame]

Tell me how searching a pregnant woman would have found the bomb in her checked luggage.

I dare you.

But the thing is they checked. And she was flying El Al, who have much stricter controls than any other airline....

But don't worry, I'm sure if another Richard Reid or that loon from Nigeria does something successful, and their port of exit was the US, you'll more than happily ream the TSA.

Another rightie - no solutions, just bitch and moan....

As an aside, I don't like it any more than you do, but that is the reality of the world YOU live in. There are literally thousands (if not 10s of 1000s) who actively want to destroy your country.....

They checked her luggage because they asked her if she had anything she had not packed herself, and when she answered that she did they put her through a more intense screening process. They do not check everyone, they profile based on standards that have evolved over time. The TSA treats everyone the same, ignoring common sense, the most basic behavior based profiling, or even allowing people to opt in to a more intrusive background search in order to avoid the standard checks.

If standing up for individual rights and common sense makes me a righty than I will proudly wearthat label. By the way, what El Al does will not really work in the US. The entire airline has fewer flights than some of our airports. The only way we can possibly check everyone is if we require them to get to the airport a week early.

Last edited:
people are miles ahead of the mentality of the average person when it comes to smuggling stuff. we need to be as diligent as possible, even if it means patting down kids. Now is the time for the TSA to step up and say, while you may be offended, this is our policy and standard practice. So don't be surprised when it happens to you

People need to stop with all the knee-jerk Government Goose Stepping. You're Goose Stepping for the wrong cause at the wrong time. Publicly mauling 6yr. olds in the name of "Security" is just plain absurd. It doesn't matter whether it's the D's doing it or the R's doing it. It's still wrong. What are we becoming? How much humiliation will we be expected to endure in the name of "Security?" Maybe the Terrorists really have already won? Something to contemplate i guess.

I tend to be skeptical whenever there's footage that good. It appears to me that the parents opted the child out of the body scan in order to force the pat down process, which they conveniently caught on tape from start to finish. There are signs posted that if you don't go through the body scanner, then you will be patted down.

Oh, and by the way, they claim that their child cried afterward, but have no video showing it.

Yeah, right.

I tend to be skeptical whenever there's footage that good. It appears to me that the parents opted the child out of the body scan in order to force the pat down process, which they conveniently caught on tape from start to finish. There are signs posted that if you don't go through the body scanner, then you will be patted down.

Oh, and by the way, they claim that their child cried afterward, but have no video showing it.

Yeah, right.

you would put a toddler through that much radiation from a scanner ? that one big X-ray machine ,

whats wrong with you ?

Boy,the Goose Steppers will say anything to defend the Police State. They did the very same thing in Nazi Germany. It's very sad. How much humiliation are we willing to take in the name of "Security?" Looks like the Goose Steppers will take anything and like it. So it's time to write them off i guess. How many Americans will stand up to this Government tyranny? I guess we'll see in the coming years. Things will get much worse. They're testing us right now to see how much humiliation we will take. I just hope & pray the People decide to stand up.

Yeah, right.

you would put a toddler through that much radiation from a scanner ? that one big X-ray machine ,

whats wrong with you ?

I know the truth about the scanners. You're exposed to more radiation spending a couple hours in front of your computer right now than you would be in the 10-15 seconds standing inside the scanner.

Do some research and make the comparisons yourself. You would be surprised how much radiation each of us is exposed to on a daily basis during routine activity from walking across the parking lot on a sunny day to sitting inside the passenger cabin of a commercial airliner.

Or you can let your imagination run wild.

Your choice.

Forum List

Back