Truthiness

jillian said:
Like I said, the author is talking more about a tonal thing. He sees the RESPONSE to Colbert as being part of that tone. Otherwise why would so many people take the time to say he "wasn't appropriate" or "went over the line" or "wasn't funny". Seems they made the story much larger than it otherwise would have been, though.

Oh...for your amusement .... an acquaintence of mine did this poem after the whole Colbert to-do... If I'd have been asked to edit, I'd have probably suggested that he not use the word "criminals" in the last sentence and some of the other language...but I wasn't asked to edit. :p:

oh admit it---you like it rude when it applies to the GOP. It's as simple as that.

Seems to me that the general (not just right-wing) response to Colbert's bit has been a collective yawn. Those with a vested interest in hyping it have tried to play that fact as some sort of "suppression" - never allowing for the possibility that many people just found it neither funny nor newsworthy.

Think of a gnat, riding a piece of driftwood down the river, lying on his back, sporting an erection, and hollering, "RAISE THE DRAWBRIDGE!" Some perspective is needed here.

Sorry jillion I was being unintentionally obtuse. Lehrer. As I was reading it I heard this piano in my mind.

Hmmm.....must get something done about that - Tinnitus in C Sharp?

Forum List

Back