Borders Are Like Lies

peasant

Rookie
May 3, 2006
Hi,

I am going to say this once, and I hope it get's a bunch of ironic, racist, and xenophobic responses to justify itself.

The most important part of my message is this, these people are already here, they are all around us, to not accept them is to cut our own hands off, it is time to accept their presence and make the whole country a better place. or should we have a civil war?

You could argue that it's breaking the law just like stealing, I would say, have you ever sped down a highway to get to your job?

We hurry when we are late, we hide when we are in danger, we cross borders when they should not exist.

DO YOU REALIZE we could ALL be payed better if the illegal workforce already IN america was able to acquire citizenship and then be able to SHOW their face at the bargaining table with giant corporations? alongside all us other suckers who think we're on our way? (this may not apply if you are rich and living off of investments made by your grandaddy)

I am a person who believe thats these borders that seperate us, are the cracks in our humanity, they are the foundations of racism, they are the pillars of hatred,. By seperating ourselves, we do not unite, we do not come closer to a unified race of humans, as a free-thinking american citizen, I am DISGUSTED by the other people in this country who feel as if we need to keep people away from a better life, in our country or in any other. It's time for people to start thinking about things a little differently, open the damn borders, forget what your grandparents and parents have drilled into your heads, the houses they live in were built by immigrants.

The most important part of my message is this, these people are already here, they are all around us, to not accept them is to cut our own hands off, it is time to accept their presence and make the whole country a better place. Or should we have a civil war?

anyhoodle

Hope some other yankees start to join hands with these people who are more citizen than most.

-Peasant

www.readtherulesbeforepostingyourownlinksn00b.com/peasant

peasant said:
Hi,

I am going to say this once, and I hope it get's a bunch of ironic, racist, and xenophobic responses to justify itself.

The most important part of my message is this, these people are already here, they are all around us, to not accept them is to cut our own hands off, it is time to accept their presence and make the whole country a better place. or should we have a civil war?

You could argue that it's breaking the law just like stealing, I would say, have you ever sped down a highway to get to your job?

We hurry when we are late, we hide when we are in danger, we cross borders when they should not exist.

DO YOU REALIZE we could ALL be payed better if the illegal workforce already IN america was able to acquire citizenship and then be able to SHOW their face at the bargaining table with giant corporations? alongside all us other suckers who think we're on our way? (this may not apply if you are rich and living off of investments made by your grandaddy)

I am a person who believe thats these borders that seperate us, are the cracks in our humanity, they are the foundations of racism, they are the pillars of hatred,. By seperating ourselves, we do not unite, we do not come closer to a unified race of humans, as a free-thinking american citizen, I am DISGUSTED by the other people in this country who feel as if we need to keep people away from a better life, in our country or in any other. It's time for people to start thinking about things a little differently, open the damn borders, forget what your grandparents and parents have drilled into your heads, the houses they live in were built by immigrants.

The most important part of my message is this, these people are already here, they are all around us, to not accept them is to cut our own hands off, it is time to accept their presence and make the whole country a better place. Or should we have a civil war?

anyhoodle

Hope some other yankees start to join hands with these people who are more citizen than most.

-Peasant

Isn't recess almost over?

Guess what; serial killers are all around us as are thieves, murderers, rapsits and other assorted criminals. I don't tolerate them either. Those borders you seem to detest are what keeps a nation from anarchy (among other things). Your idealsim is laudable I am sure but, unfortunately, the real world takes precedence. You hopefully will learn that when you grow up.

peasant said:
Hi,

anyhoodle

-Peasant

I don't know how things are in fairy land, but here in the real world, criminal Mexican invaders have a negative impact on our economy by soaking up welfare without paying taxes, are responsible for a grossly disproportionate number of felony arrests, outstanding warrants, and convictions, and have no desire to assimilate. In fact, some of them want to take four states away from this country. They also aren't poor because they're poor. They're poor because they don't have the balls to deal with their corrupt, idiotic government which is growing fatter every day from money sent to them from illegal immigrants.

And borders are not rascist. Borders are how we protect our sovreignty. Borders are what keeps foreign invaders from killing you in your sleep and taking what is yours. The U.S. has got the most open borders in the world, but you cannot cross these borders unless you're willing to follow the law and become an American. We don't have room in this country for millions of people who want to secede. We tried that once, and it resulted in a war. We also can't afford to become a bilingual society. Millions of dollars are wasted every day printing everything in both English and Spanish to cater to people who are costing us millions in social welfare services they don't even pay into.

Now, I see from your profile on myspace that you're 20, and at that age, you probably think you know everything. However, you know very little. The sooner you realize that, the better. I know, I've been there, and it wasn't that long ago, either. The world is not some happy, hippy place where everyone can agree to disagree. The world is a dark and violent place where lots of people will kill you for your shoes and the only way you are allowed to sleep peacefully is because others commit violence on your behalf. I can also tell by your tone that you see yourself as the sole reasonable voice in a crowd of bigots (the whole, "Well, I'm sure I'll get a bunch of racist, xenophobic, blah blah blah"), but that's just downright arrogant. Did it ever occur to you that you might actually be wrong?

On a side note, you need to change the background on your myspace profile. It doesn't contrast with the text well enough and makes it hard to read.

Edit: You might want to look up the definition of 'ironic.'

peasant said:
Hi,

anyhoodle

-Peasant

www.readtherulesbeforepostingyourownlinksn00b.com/peasant

Way to stereotype those who disagree with you as "racist, and xenophobic." That's a great way to open up an honest dialouge. :rolleyes:

First, your false dilemma of 'allow amnesty or prepare for civil war' is ridiculous. Stopping the flow of illegal immigrants and decreasing the illegal immigrant population will not start a civil war. There are enough Americans who take advantage of the 2nd Amendment that any attempted illegal immigrant uprising would be handled before it reached critical mass.

Second, your statement that borders are symbols of racism and hatred. Would you like to tell that to Mexico, whose citizens extort immigrants from Central America and generally treat them worse than an al-Qaeda terrorist at Gitmo? Would you like to tell that to the Chinese, who built a huge wall to keep the Mongols out of China (a great idea, btw)? Or is it only America, in your eyes, which bears the guilt of hatred and racism for not allowing illegal immigrants? Not to mention, borders allow for things like the rule of law, defense of civilians, etc. etc. Your one-world-order utopia is unworkable.

Third, most Americans are for legal immigration, but against ilegal immigration. There's a huge difference. Learn it.

Fourth, welcome to USMB. You'll get no free passes for spouting off the moveon.org talking points.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Well,

CSM and the others who attacked my idealism, i'm sory you've become so cynical you feel the need to attack the fact that I am THINKING on a larger scale. Ironically, you're obvious paranoia and xenophobia(yes i said it), makes it clear that you yourself posess a healthy dose of idealism, not mention you are clearly prejudice of me because you assume I am younger than you. Wonderful display of hippocracy without focusing on the real issue, which is, why aren't we working to solve the real problems, poverty, crime, etc, all go hand in hand, even the dreaded anarchy you mention.

and how do we do that?

we take opportunities like this, where big changes are happening, and HAVE to happen, and use them to create better ways of living, get it?

thanks, sorry if my ideas were a bit to large for you golden oldies...

as they say, can't teach an old dog new tricks...

thanks for the welcome!!! glad to be here!

peasant said:
Well,

CSM and the others who attacked my idealism, i'm sory you've become so cynical you feel the need to attack the fact that I am THINKING on a larger scale. Ironically, you're obvious paranoia and xenophobia(yes i said it), makes it clear that you yourself posess a healthy dose of idealism, not mention you are clearly prejudice of me because you assume I am younger than you. Wonderful display of hippocracy without focusing on the real issue, which is, why aren't we working to solve the real problems, poverty, crime, etc, all go hand in hand, even the dreaded anarchy you mention.

and how do we do that?

we take opportunities like this, where big changes are happening, and HAVE to happen, and use them to create better ways of living, get it?

:laugh:

Don't pout. You said you were hoping for hostility. Not so tuff afterall, eh?

peasant said:
Well,

and how do we do that?

I checked your profile and I know for a fact that I'm older than you. I'm also not an idealist. I know many of the harsher realities of this world. The problem you have is that you have this 'one world' view, but a one world view only works when everybody believes in it, and Vicente Fox is doing nothing to solve poverty. He's dumping it on us, and we have enough problems without trying to fix a problem that everyone else is to lazy to even try to deal with.

And calling people 'xenophobic' and 'rascist' only makes you look like a moron. I love immigrants. I love the unique culture of America that has come from assimilating so many others. However, as a person who believes that no person should be treated differently because of their race, I think that Hispanics should pay the penalty for breaking the law, just like everybody else.

don't tell me i am pouting when i am simply replying and engaging in discussion, why don't you post something intelligent?

hobbit...
so calling people racist and xenophobic makes me a moron, well what does calling people morons make you ? just to expound my point, there are a whole lot less syllables and root words going on in your extremely childish insult, so i'm guessing it makes you an old man who spends alot of time on a message board to FEEL intellectually superior.

I'll admit i'm a young man doing the same ;)

does that picture of our bumbling great leader at the top mean this is a board for a commander in chief fanclub... man whatever happened to good old roosevelt!

peasant said:
does that picture of our bumbling great leader at the top mean this is a board for a commander in chief fanclub... man whatever happened to good old roosevelt!

Why are you derailing your own thread?

Isn't lunch over yet?

peasant said:
hobbit...
so calling people racist and xenophobic makes me a moron, well what does calling people morons make you ? just to expound my point, there are a whole lot less syllables and root words going on in your extremely childish insult, so i'm guessing it makes you an old man who spends alot of time on a message board to FEEL intellectually superior.

:blah2: :blah2: :sleep:

gop_jeff said:
Way to stereotype those who disagree with you as "racist, and xenophobic." That's a great way to open up an honest dialouge. :rolleyes:

First, your false dilemma of 'allow amnesty or prepare for civil war' is ridiculous. Stopping the flow of illegal immigrants and decreasing the illegal immigrant population will not start a civil war. There are enough Americans who take advantage of the 2nd Amendment that any attempted illegal immigrant uprising would be handled before it reached critical mass.

Second, your statement that borders are symbols of racism and hatred. Would you like to tell that to Mexico, whose citizens extort immigrants from Central America and generally treat them worse than an al-Qaeda terrorist at Gitmo? Would you like to tell that to the Chinese, who built a huge wall to keep the Mongols out of China (a great idea, btw)? Or is it only America, in your eyes, which bears the guilt of hatred and racism for not allowing illegal immigrants? Not to mention, borders allow for things like the rule of law, defense of civilians, etc. etc. Your one-world-order utopia is unworkable.

Third, most Americans are for legal immigration, but against ilegal immigration. There's a huge difference. Learn it.

Fourth, welcome to USMB. You'll get no free passes for spouting off the moveon.org talking points.

attachment.php

Attachments

• $ownedweights.jpg
    $ownedweights.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 105
Hobbit said:
I don't know how things are in fairy land, but here in the real world, criminal Mexican invaders have a negative impact on our economy by soaking up welfare without paying taxes, are responsible for a grossly disproportionate number of felony arrests, outstanding warrants, and convictions, and have no desire to assimilate. In fact, some of them want to take four states away from this country. They also aren't poor because they're poor. They're poor because they don't have the balls to deal with their corrupt, idiotic government which is growing fatter every day from money sent to them from illegal immigrants.

And borders are not rascist. Borders are how we protect our sovreignty. Borders are what keeps foreign invaders from killing you in your sleep and taking what is yours. The U.S. has got the most open borders in the world, but you cannot cross these borders unless you're willing to follow the law and become an American. We don't have room in this country for millions of people who want to secede. We tried that once, and it resulted in a war. We also can't afford to become a bilingual society. Millions of dollars are wasted every day printing everything in both English and Spanish to cater to people who are costing us millions in social welfare services they don't even pay into.

Now, I see from your profile on myspace that you're 20, and at that age, you probably think you know everything. However, you know very little. The sooner you realize that, the better. I know, I've been there, and it wasn't that long ago, either. The world is not some happy, hippy place where everyone can agree to disagree. The world is a dark and violent place where lots of people will kill you for your shoes and the only way you are allowed to sleep peacefully is because others commit violence on your behalf. I can also tell by your tone that you see yourself as the sole reasonable voice in a crowd of bigots (the whole, "Well, I'm sure I'll get a bunch of racist, xenophobic, blah blah blah"), but that's just downright arrogant. Did it ever occur to you that you might actually be wrong?

On a side note, you need to change the background on your myspace profile. It doesn't contrast with the text well enough and makes it hard to read.

Edit: You might want to look up the definition of 'ironic.'

:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• $alowned.jpg
    $alowned.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 105
peasant said:
hobbit...

Ok, I've been nice. I've pulled my punches. I realize you're an idealist who thinks you know everything (me, I'll admit I don't know that much, and I've backed down when wrong before), so I've tried to sort of sway you, but no, you're so convinced you're superior to everyone else that you just have to walk around in this haughty, holier-than-thou facade. You even come down to insulting how I use language. Big words do not a good argument make, and I've actually toned down my use of them so people who weren't raised by an English teacher can understand me. Oh, and I'm not an 'old man,' I'm 23, and I spend so much time on a message board because I'm away from college (and thus nearly all of my friends) trying to save up for my final year and I'm bored as hell on my off-days.

Now that that's out of the way, just who the hell do you think you are? You come onto this board amidst a whole lot of people who have thought long and hard on many issues, especially this one, and you pick a fight. You even claimed I called you a moron and started crying victim and using a slightly more articulate version of "I'm rubber and you're glue." If you even cared to read what I wrote, I said that calling people names made you 'look' like a moron. At that point, I was still entertaining the notion that you weren't and was attempting to give advice on how to make points instead of pick fights. However, you seem intent on picking a fight. You're what South Park has dubbed a "College Know-it-All Hippie." At 20 years old, you think you know more than people who have more education than you and your parents combined and have real world experience in the areas you've only learned about in class. I don't even care if you're in college or not, you still fit the attitude.

One final warning, condescention is a HUGE pet peeve on this board. If you keep talking like that, you'll get pounded so hard it'll make your head spin.

Another aside..

At 20 years old - 'twood be wise to learn that ANY 'fresh' idea you THINK you have, has probably been TRIED, DISCUSSED, and THROWN OUT several times by 30 year olds.

That is all...carry on. :)

Forum List

Back