Truth Matters!

Kripa

From the desk of Kripa
Oct 5, 2012
Springfield, IL
What would any honest American want?- my friend posed a question in his write up about "What has happened to the first Amendment?" He gives a choice between jobs and unemployment. An honest American would want is the truth from a leader who wants to be the President of USA. Everything else is secondary as it lays bare the values one holds in his core belief. Speaking the truth is a value all Americans view as the most important as it gives them the inner strength to teach their children to take responsibility and face the consequences, even in dire circumstances. Our character gets molded when the society as a whole repeat in all walks of life to speak the truth, starting with our parents and reinforced by teachers to coaches to mentors and when the child becomes an adult, it is the character shaped by truth that helps to navigate through life and when everything is lost, still the person can walk with his/her head held high and earn the respect of the society. The person understands that everything that has been lost can be earned back but not the character. It is the character that gives him/her a voice to be heard because the words become powerful as it contains the unvarnished truth, it is the character that gives him/her a second chance when he/she stumbles, it is the character of the person that becomes an inspiration for the future generations even after he/she is long gone. Truth hurts but still it is the truth that will set him/her free. Life with all its richness will be poorer if the riches one gained was due to distorting or not standing up for the truth. Giving away to charities in the name of God a percentage of one's income will not in any way wash the sins as Truth which He(the Almighty) spoke and as a result sustained the wrath of those who crucified Him was not found in his deeds and the charity makes a mockery of pain and suffering He willfully endured to live up to his Father's expectations. So truth matters!

Sorry...i know it was your first post....

but *cough* truthmatters whom i call liesmatters.... is one of our resident hacks.... who spews nothing but lies and fabrications......

welcome to the usmb.

What would any honest American want?- my friend posed a question in his write up about "What has happened to the first Amendment?" He gives a choice between jobs and unemployment. An honest American would want is the truth from a leader who wants to be the President of USA. Everything else is secondary as it lays bare the values one holds in his core belief. Speaking the truth is a value all Americans view as the most important as it gives them the inner strength to teach their children to take responsibility and face the consequences, even in dire circumstances. Our character gets molded when the society as a whole repeat in all walks of life to speak the truth, starting with our parents and reinforced by teachers to coaches to mentors and when the child becomes an adult, it is the character shaped by truth that helps to navigate through life and when everything is lost, still the person can walk with his/her head held high and earn the respect of the society. The person understands that everything that has been lost can be earned back but not the character. It is the character that gives him/her a voice to be heard because the words become powerful as it contains the unvarnished truth, it is the character that gives him/her a second chance when he/she stumbles, it is the character of the person that becomes an inspiration for the future generations even after he/she is long gone. Truth hurts but still it is the truth that will set him/her free. Life with all its richness will be poorer if the riches one gained was due to distorting or not standing up for the truth. Giving away to charities in the name of God a percentage of one's income will not in any way wash the sins as Truth which He(the Almighty) spoke and as a result sustained the wrath of those who crucified Him was not found in his deeds and the charity makes a mockery of pain and suffering He willfully endured to live up to his Father's expectations. So truth matters!

When I saw this post, I thought it was a miss placed Flame of our Resident retarded left wing Lemming Truthmatters. She has perhaps the most Ironic Name on this Board as she rarely uses Truth in her Arguments.

That said, I will say this. Both Romney and Obama have been dishonest through out this campaign. But ask yourself this, If you were running for president and the other guy was attacking you with dishonest Ads would you not be tempted to play the same game? Especially when the experts tell you if you don't you can't win?

So I don't blame either side for it, I blame the system.

Last edited:
Dupes don't seem to care about truth. TM is A-ok....

I don't think dupes know what a lie IS anymore...it's not a promise that was obstructed by Pubs, it's not an position that changes, it's a statement that is FACTUALLY WRONG, like:

O fought for ACA for 2 years? Passed after 13 months.

Half of alt energy projects failed? 3 of 38?

Pubs kill the nonrich, see sig pp1. Romney's plans are BS. The 5 trillion deal...HIS experts are the Heritage Foundation LOL.

So much BS. Seniors will lose donut hole again, 716 billion medicare figure is SAVINGS, don't hurt benefits- the whole pile usual Pubcrappe. He's a GREAT Con man/ BS.salesman.

He did zip for Mass. education.

or "Obama gutted Medicare, Workfare, had control for 2 years", or the BS in my sig pp3.

Sorry...i know it was your first post....

but *cough* truthmatters whom i call liesmatters.... is one of our resident hacks.... who spews nothing but lies and fabrications......

welcome to the usmb.

They will learn soon enough about Truth DOESN'T matter .. But right now she is up Obama's ass . Well , I think she is she may poke her head out now and then LOL

NaziCons have been lying so long they no longer recognize truth when they hear or see it. After all, fact checking no longer matters to them. They live in an alternate realty.

Mitt Romney turned in a polished performance in last night's presidential debate – and revealed himself to be an accomplished and unapologetic liar. In an evening where he sought to slice and dice the president with statistics, Romney baldly misrepresented his own policy prescriptions, made up numbers to fit his attacks and buried clear contrasts with the president under a heaping pile of horseshit.

Here are mendacious Mitt's five most outrageous statements:

1. "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut." Romney flatly lied about the cost of his proposal to cut income-tax rates across the board by another 20 percent (undercutting even the low rates of the Bush tax cuts). Independent economists at the Tax Policy Center have shown that the price tag for those cuts is $360 billion in the first year, a cost that extrapolates to $5 trillion over a decade.

2. "I will not reduce the taxes paid by high-income Americans." Romney has claimed that he will pay for his tax cuts by closing a variety of loopholes and deductions. The factual problem? Romney hasn't named a single loophole he's willing to close; worse, there's no way to offset $5 trillion in tax cuts even if you get rid of the entire universe of deductions for the wealthy that Romney has not put off the table (like the carried interest loophole or the 15 percent capital gains rate.) The Tax Policy Center report concludes that Romney's proposal would create a "net tax cut for high-income tax payers and a net tax increase for lower- and or middle-income taxpayers." Moreover, some of Romney's tax cuts are micro-targeted at American dynasties, particularly his proposal to eliminate the estate tax, which would reduce his own sons' tax burden by tens of millions of dollars.

3. "We've got 23 million people out of work or [who have] stopped looking for work in this country." Romney is lying for effect. The nation's crisis of joblessness is bad, but not 23 million bad. The official figure is 12.5 million unemployed. An additional 2.6 million Americans have stopped looking for jobs. How does Romney gin up his eye-popping 23 million figure? He counts more than 8 million wage earners who hold part-time jobs as also being "out of work."

4. Obamacare "puts in place an unelected board that's going to tell people ultimately what kind of treatments they can have." Romney is reviving Sarah Palin's old death panels lie here. Obamacare does establish an Independent Payment Advisory Board to help constrain the growth of Medicare spending. The body has no authority to dictate the practices of the private insurance marketplace. And the law also makes explicit that this body is banned from rationing care or limiting medical benefits to seniors.

5. "Pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan." In the biggest whopper of the night, Romney suggested that his health care proposal would guarantee coverage to Americans with pre-existing conditions. This is just not true. Under Romney, if you have a pre-existing condition and have been unable to obtain insurance coverage or if you have had to drop coverage for more than 90 days because you lost your job or couldn't afford the premiums, you would be shit out of luck. Insurance companies could continue to discriminate and deny you coverage, as even Romney's top adviser conceded after the debate was over.

Read more: The First Debate: Mitt Romney's Five Biggest Lies | Politics News | Rolling Stone

3115860663_48ee22fd64.jpg

Mitt Romney Turd Polish

Forum List

Back