Trust your doctor if you can

I read a claim that suggested that iatrogenesis (illness from medical treatment) was the fourth leading caause of mortality in this nation -- right after heart disease, cancer and diabetes.

I'm inclined to believe that claim too.

Medicine, for example, killed my dying (anyway) mother, while they were attempting to keep her alive. Steroid overdose, I suspect, caused her to have siezures which ironically caused her to die from head injuries she sustained during a massive siezure.

No, I didn't sue, even though I was told I could. She was dying by inches anyway.

Doctors didn't used to be called croakers for nothing, you know.

Last edited:
Here's some logic to help those people who still trust their doctors. Doctors get paid for visits and drug endorsements. To get these they have to keep their patients sick, but if the patients die too soon they can't make as much money. so the logic is to keep us alive but always in need of something more.

Personal experience ... you take a med for one problem ... the side effects start to hinder your life though your life expectancy has increased .... so they give you meds for those side effects ... restarting the cycle and adding more side effects to "cure". Most people on meds don't realize that a lot of their problems are from the side effects of these meds.

Then you have to keep getting blood tests ... which you have to go to a doctor for of course .... and this increases the number of visits you make ... thus increasing their profit. Also the number of patients doctors have will determine their worth for drug endorsements ... like athletes and shoes.

Trust starts with yourself and the decisions you make, trusting government healthcare has the same results.....

NHS accused of 17,000 unnecessary deaths
NHS accused of 17,000 unnecessary deaths | Society | The Guardian

And that's a much smaller population than the United States. Perhaps the answer is to get government,corporations and special interests out of the health care equation and allow us to make our own decision, as adults.

Yeah don't trust doctor's but do trust the Gov. with your health care *rolls eyes*

Trust starts with yourself and the decisions you make, trusting government healthcare has the same results.....

NHS accused of 17,000 unnecessary deaths
NHS accused of 17,000 unnecessary deaths | Society | The Guardian

And that's a much smaller population than the United States. Perhaps the answer is to get government,corporations and special interests out of the health care equation and allow us to make our own decision, as adults.

First ... people have to start trusting themselves to do that.

Forum List

Back