Trump's lying to Boy Scouts! What POTUS prevaricates politically to minors? Has he no shame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Donald Trump just represented to the Boy Scouts at a jamboree in WVa that the U.S. is not an energy exporter!
Nothing could be farther from the truth!
  • U.S. exports of Petroleum
  • The Booming Influence of U.S. Energy Exports, At Home and Abroad -- This is from the conservative press
  • U.S. Energy Exports: First Comes Crude, Then Comes LNG
  • U.S. Energy Exports

EnergyExportGraph4.jpg

• The United States has exported natural gas for almost a century, primarily through pipelines to Canada and Mexico, and also through a relatively small LNG plant in Alaska that operated from 1969 to 2012, according to the Congressional Research Service (CRS).
    • Oil export restrictions began in the 1970s when price controls on U.S. oil prompted domestic producers to seek more lucrative foreign markets. The 1973 Arab oil embargo, which led to widespread shortages in the United States, led Congress to pass the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975, prohibiting the export of oil unless the president determined that certain exports are in the national interest. (A series of subsequent federal statutes regulating oil exports are detailed in this 2014 CRS report on crude oil export policy.)
    • "I believe that the question of whether the United States should have a substantially more permissive policy with respect to the export of crude oil and with respect to the export of natural gas is easy. The answer is affirmative," former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers said in September 2014.
    • U.S. energy security and its ability to project power have been enhanced by the shale revolution, but predictions of the United States becoming a "Saudi America" are overblown. Pundits and officials have floated arguments that the United States can flood the market with oil or deliver LNG to Ukraine as a response to Russian pressure, but experts see these ideas as fanciful.
    • Tangible benefits of increased energy production and potential exports are more limited. They include, in the short run, a reduction in the U.S. trade deficit, promotion of freer international trade policies, and the development of spare oil and gas capacity that can stabilize prices in the event of disruptions due to sanctions or conflicts. These benefits diminish in the long run.
  • U.S. Coal Exports

main.png

• U.S. propane exports increasing, reaching more distant markets

main.png

Donald Trump just represented to the Boy Scouts at a jamboree in WVa that the U.S. is not an energy exporter!
What an odd topic to discuss with the Boy Scouts. I can't imagine it's something high on their interest list. Wonder if he'll have some s'mores with them and tell ghost stories by the fire.

I've been watching the speech to the Scouts and he said we're exporters. They applauded hugely!

What an odd topic to discuss with the Boy Scouts. I can't imagine it's something high on their interest list. Wonder if he'll have some s'mores with them and tell ghost stories by the fire.
Boy Scouts have the option one day, if they choose, to go and become dedicated Oilfield workers.

I've been watching the speech to the Scouts and he said we're exporters. They applauded hugely!
Are you saying democrat media lied?

Never.

I agree. Why he broached any policy matter with minors is indeed strange.

What's most annoying, though it's typical for Trump, is that, once again, voiced untruths that didn't need to be uttered at all because as you've noted, Boy Scouts don't give a damn about U.S. energy exports.

Liberals talk to Boy Scouts about homosexuality
If you'd like to discuss what individuals other than Trump say to the Boy Scouts, you can address that in a thread having that as the topic and that you create.

I agree. Why he broached any policy matter with minors is indeed strange.

What's most annoying, though it's typical for Trump, is that, once again, voiced untruths that didn't need to be uttered at all because as you've noted, Boy Scouts don't give a damn about U.S. energy exports.

Liberals talk to Boy Scouts about homosexuality
If you'd like to discuss what individuals other than Trump say to the Boy Scouts, you can address that in a thread having that as the topic and that you create.
Trump is trying to create a cult with the young, dumb and redneck folks of this nation..

Well he couldn't talk about honesty and integrity is a moral code for a scout , so he blabbed about oil...

Trump was a coward when it came to wearing the US military uniform and he never spent one day in a Boy Scout uniform and has no true concept of what loyalty is....Liars are not loyal to anything but their desire to serve their own interest...

Well he couldn't talk about honesty and integrity is a moral code for a scout , so he blabbed about oil...
He indeed talked about honesty, integrity and the code. I watched the whole speech. He talked about having ambition and never loosing momentum when you find something you love doing. It was real inspiring! The Scouts loved him.

I disagree. When I was a scout we would talk about tax deductions. Then Scoutmaster Steve would touch me in my naughty places.

Trump was a coward when it came to wearing the US military uniform and he never spent one day in a Boy Scout uniform and has no true concept of what loyalty is....Liars are not loyal to anything but their desire to serve their own interest...
He understands what true loyalty is. He understands what duty and honor is. He's a true patriotic American!

draft21n-2-web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back