Trump’s EPA allowing cities to dump more raw sewage in rivers.

The New York Times is an obvious Democrat (Progressive) PROPAGANDA outlet. This is more misinformation and disinformation to smear Trump. None of this is happening. Every STATE has their own version of the EPA with horribly strict environmental regulations and penalties. Those need to be addressed as well.

The Environmental Protection Agency has made it easier for cities to keep dumping raw sewage into rivers by letting them delay or otherwise change federally imposed fixes to their sewer systems, according to interviews with local officials, water utilities and their lobbyists.

E.P.A. Is Letting Cities Dump More Raw Sewage Into Rivers for Years to Come

Trump’s EPA is allowing this change because Trump supporters seemingly want more raw sewage in their rivers and waterways.

Trump supporter mantra: all environmental regulations bad.

Here is the consequence of that ignorance.

Interesting that cities like Seattle and South Bend are on board with these rollbacks. It looks like liberals would rather pass on costly changes and unreasonable deadlines in favor of more reasonable deadlines and more cost effective solutions.

Every word of the OP is either false or stupid.

"Raw sewage" has been dumped into flowing estuaries since before humans existed. It is outlawed to some extent because we humans consider it "icky" to recreate (swim, fish, boat, jet-ski) in waters into which human waste has been dumped. Since the beginning of human waste treatment, the amount of sewage dumped has been gradually decreasing, but there has always been a limit on how much waste can be treated in existing facilities, and for the past hundred years or so, much of municipal treatment has been compromised because the waste treatment facilities receive not only waste from "sanitary" sewers, but also from STORM sewers. So that when there is a significant rainstorm, the overflow (poop) necessarily flows into the estuary.

Municipal waste treatment systems - pushed by the Federal government - have been doing everything feasible (assuming limited financial resources) to (a) separate the sanitary sewers from the storm sewers, (b) build holding ponds to hold the overflow when there is a storm, and (c) increase the capacity of the sewer systems. This three-fold campaign has been going on for DECADES, resulting in many billions of dollars being spent by agencies and "authorities" out of the limited funds people are willing to devote to treating poop. The Obama Administration decreed a hyper-expensive ramp-up of this campaign - as with all Democrat initiatives, "To Hell with the Cost, we need to DO IT NOW!" - and the Trump Administration has allowed this never-ending process to slow down a bit, to take the financial pressure off wastewater treatment authorities to spend more money THAT THEY MUST BORROW TO DO THE WORK.

But here's the thing. Ever wonder what happens to all that poop? It has been building up for hundreds of years, right?

No. The living things in the estuary gradually consume and neutralize the biologicals in the waste stream sufficiently - and this is the important part - so that it is not long dangerous, and so that the WATER TREATMENT INTAKE of the next town down the stream can use that water to begin to treat its own DRINKING WATER. In fact, it is often said that the function of a Wastewater Treatment Plant is to duplicate and accelerate the natural treatment processes that already exist in the aforementioned estuary.

Not to worry. We will not die prematurely due to Trump's scale-back of these regulations.

"Raw sewage" has been dumped into flowing estuaries since before humans existed. It is outlawed to some extent because we humans consider it "icky" to recreate (swim, fish, boat, jet-ski) in waters into which human waste has been dumped. Since the beginning of human waste treatment, the amount of sewage dumped has been gradually decreasing, but there has always been a limit on how much waste can be treated in existing facilities, and for the past hundred years or so, much of municipal treatment has been compromised because the waste treatment facilities receive not only waste from "sanitary" sewers, but also from STORM sewers. So that when there is a significant rainstorm, the overflow (poop) necessarily flows into the estuary.

Municipal waste treatment systems - pushed by the Federal government - have been doing everything feasible (assuming limited financial resources) to (a) separate the sanitary sewers from the storm sewers, (b) build holding ponds to hold the overflow when there is a storm, and (c) increase the capacity of the sewer systems. This three-fold campaign has been going on for DECADES, resulting in many billions of dollars being spent by agencies and "authorities" out of the limited funds people are willing to devote to treating poop. The Obama Administration decreed a hyper-expensive ramp-up of this campaign - as with all Democrat initiatives, "To Hell with the Cost, we need to DO IT NOW!" - and the Trump Administration has allowed this never-ending process to slow down a bit, to take the financial pressure off wastewater treatment authorities to spend more money THAT THEY MUST BORROW TO DO THE WORK.

But here's the thing. Ever wonder what happens to all that poop? It has been building up for hundreds of years, right?

No. The living things in the estuary gradually consume and neutralize the biologicals in the waste stream sufficiently - and this is the important part - so that it is not long dangerous, and so that the WATER TREATMENT INTAKE of the next town down the stream can use that water to begin to treat its own DRINKING WATER. In fact, it is often said that the function of a Wastewater Treatment Plant is to duplicate and accelerate the natural treatment processes that already exist in the aforementioned estuary.

Not to worry. We will not die prematurely due to Trump's scale-back of these regulations.

I am a Wastewater Engineer, and I approve of this message.

But cities are in states. You saying they can’t be governed by the states?

Gawd you’re an idiot.
Honestly think before you post. Waste dumped in the river does not stay in that city. Rivers flow. Think things out will ya. You can’t be that stupid.

Well the waste isn’t going to be charged by the Feds. The people perpetuating the “crime” are the ones running the cities doing it. They can be held accountable by their local jurisdictions or state, if what they are doing is even illegal.

This is yet another lame ass attempt to blame President Trump for something he has nothing to do with.
No, and Marty may be able to answer this better than I can, but sewage systems are governed by federal standards. So if the feds relax standards, it has consequences. This relaxation of standards would not have occurred but for Trump’s appointees at the EPA and his gutting of environmental laws. So yeah it is more than fair to blame Trump.

The Democrat run cities are the ones begging for the pushback of the laws, because of the enormous costs. Take it up with your Dem mayors, asshole.
Listen more shit floating in the rivers where you live may be fine with you, but it is not with me. I don’t give a damn which political party runs a city, I just don’t want any city dumping more raw sewage in the waterways.

Again, what does it have to do with the EPA?

You claim the states cannot enforce the law in rivers, that is a flat out lie.

Prime example, the a Federal government owned building was caught dumping sewage into the Colorado River, violating state law.
They got caught, and have to fix it, all because the state had a law against it:

Colorado News and Denver News: The Denver Post

I am sure states have laws against that. If not, they should.
Its always good to roll back federal power when they stole it to begin with.

Ohio had laws against pollution...it still resulted in one of their rivers literally catching on fire....more than once....
View attachment 303184

Which is what led to the EPA being created in the first place....

It seems like state agencies become a lot more easier and CHEAPER to corrupt and control once you remove federal enforcement from the equation....

The EPA should stick to setting minimums, and handling items that cross State lines. The problem is like any bureaucracy, they seek to increase their power as time goes on, usually without any congressional approval to do so.
So do you feel state laws will work better this time than in the past??

Because we keep forgetting that BEFORE federal regulation....rivers like the Cuyahoga, the Hudson...these were dead rivers.....after federal regulation, they are not dead rivers....

Now if there is a better way of doing it -- I am open to it -- but simply wanting to deregulate things for the sake of deregulation isn't a solution to me....

I am for effective regulations.....and it seems to me that if a large corporation in a small town that employs lots of people will have more sway over their city and state agencies than they would over federal.....just because of human nature....

Just ask Dupont or Dow Chemical....

Correlation does not equal causation. the EPA started out OK, but it has gone beyond it's original mandate.

A good example of "one size fits all" not working is wastewater plant discharges. Cities on the coast have the option of discharging to the ocean. Cities inland often discharge to rivers used for drinking water and agriculture. Should standards for discharges from plants all be based on the river discharges, even if this results in the effluent from plants on the coast being cleaner than the receiving water?
That is if you think all EPA regulations are one-side fits all regulations....they are not.....

And as I said before....simply deregulating shit for the sake of de-regulating isn't a solution....

Personally I feel this roll back is just something to appease Trump sycophants who get off on the idea that Trump is sticking it to Obama....

I bet Trump won't be rolling back those "pre-existing conditions" regulations to stick it to Obama...

Facts as such are an anathema to bedwetter hacks like Johnflaw.

Ohio had laws against pollution...it still resulted in one of their rivers literally catching on fire....more than once....
View attachment 303184

It seems like state agencies become a lot more easier and CHEAPER to corrupt and control once you remove federal enforcement from the equation....

The EPA should stick to setting minimums, and handling items that cross State lines. The problem is like any bureaucracy, they seek to increase their power as time goes on, usually without any congressional approval to do so.

Because we keep forgetting that BEFORE federal regulation....rivers like the Cuyahoga, the Hudson...these were dead rivers.....after federal regulation, they are not dead rivers....

Now if there is a better way of doing it -- I am open to it -- but simply wanting to deregulate things for the sake of deregulation isn't a solution to me....

I am for effective regulations.....and it seems to me that if a large corporation in a small town that employs lots of people will have more sway over their city and state agencies than they would over federal.....just because of human nature....

Correlation does not equal causation. the EPA started out OK, but it has gone beyond it's original mandate.

A good example of "one size fits all" not working is wastewater plant discharges. Cities on the coast have the option of discharging to the ocean. Cities inland often discharge to rivers used for drinking water and agriculture. Should standards for discharges from plants all be based on the river discharges, even if this results in the effluent from plants on the coast being cleaner than the receiving water?
That is if you think all EPA regulations are one-side fits all regulations....they are not.....

And as I said before....simply deregulating shit for the sake of de-regulating isn't a solution....

Personally I feel this roll back is just something to appease Trump sycophants who get off on the idea that Trump is sticking it to Obama....

I bet Trump won't be rolling back those "pre-existing conditions" regulations to stick it to Obama...

This wasn't a rollback of the regulations themselves, just of the imposed timelines and directives from changes made by the EPA under Obama.

The Environmental Protection Agency has made it easier for cities to keep dumping raw sewage into rivers by letting them delay or otherwise change federally imposed fixes to their sewer systems, according to interviews with local officials, water utilities and their lobbyists.

Trump’s EPA is allowing this change because Trump supporters seemingly want more raw sewage in their rivers and waterways.

Still cleaner than Iran Nan's San Franshitzco

View attachment 303184

the feds have no authority to be involved in healthcare,,,

and I see you have yet to educate yourself on the topic,,,

No. The cities dumped it. You should jump on your band wagon and go after the cities that dump raw sewage into water. Not Trumps fault idiots run those cities.

You sure are a whiny little bitch.

No. The cities dumped it. You should jump on your band wagon and go after the cities that dump raw sewage into water. Not Trumps fault idiots run those cities.

“But, but, but, dRumpf!”, is his only response.....

It is Trump's EPA modifying the rules. You idiots can't seem to get that simple fact threw your heads. For some reason, Trumpers think I care that the cities may be Democratically controlled. I could care less. I do know that I don't want raw sewage in my rivers. But as I always suspected Trumpers can't get enough sewage whether of the physical kind or the verbal kind.

It is Trump's EPA modifying the rules. You idiots can't seem to get that simple fact threw your heads. For some reason, Trumpers think I care that the cities may be Democratically controlled. I could care less. I do know that I don't want raw sewage in my rivers. But as I always suspected Trumpers can't get enough sewage whether of the physical kind or the verbal kind.

We know you could care less about the Dems dumping sewage into rivers, because you’re a moronic shitbag and partisan hack.

If President Trump’s EPA didn’t agree to those Democrat demands, the MSM would run some hit piece on him about not working with cities to get more realistic results, and you would be here regurgitating that narrative instead of this narrative they fed you. All because you will never pull your head out of your own ass and attempt to think for yourself.

Hey dumbass. The cities are the ones dumping sewage. Not Trump. Go yell at those running the cities who don't have enough common sense to not dump sewage into the water. Don't tell me they need the EPA to tell them that.

What an idiot you are.

We know you could care less about the Dems dumping sewage into rivers, because you’re a moronic shitbag and partisan hack.

If President Trump’s EPA didn’t agree to those Democrat demands, the MSM would run some hit piece on him about not working with cities to get more realistic results, and you would be here regurgitating that narrative instead of this narrative they fed you. All because you will never pull your head out of your own ass and attempt to think for yourself.

This is why it is frustrating debating to Trumpers like yourself. Your reading comprehension is pitifully low. Your first sentence tells me you did not understand a single word I wrote. Your second sentence is just made up bull shit. (Well, given your need for more sewage in the rivers you swim in, bull shit is the appropriate term)

Last edited:

Hey dumbass. The cities are the ones dumping sewage. Not Trump. Go yell at those running the cities who don't have enough common sense to not dump sewage into the water. Don't tell me they need the EPA to tell them that.

What an idiot you are.

Hey Numbnuts, it is Trump's EPA modifying the rules to allow cities to dump more sewage into rivers and waterways. Hey, If you want to have your kids swimming in shit infested waters that is your business. Move to Haiti. I chose not to live that way. Moron

Last edited:
What is congress doing? You almost gotta laugh that the House Speaker's district is so overrun with human shit that people can't even walk the streets but she is too busy trying to overturn the results of the last election to deal with it.

Remember Harley, whatever Chattanooga negotiated to be dumped or allowed to flow into the Tennessee River flows to Pickwick, Perryville and Paris Landing along with communities in several states that do not begin with "P".

The truth of the matter is that the President is trying to keep small municipalities from going bankrupt complying with harsh federal bureaucratic regulations. Meanwhile the do-nothing democrat majority in congress pretends to be spectators.

Forum List

Back