Trump’s EPA allowing cities to dump more raw sewage in rivers.

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
The Environmental Protection Agency has made it easier for cities to keep dumping raw sewage into rivers by letting them delay or otherwise change federally imposed fixes to their sewer systems, according to interviews with local officials, water utilities and their lobbyists.

E.P.A. Is Letting Cities Dump More Raw Sewage Into Rivers for Years to Come

Trump’s EPA is allowing this change because Trump supporters seemingly want more raw sewage in their rivers and waterways.

Trump supporter mantra: all environmental regulations bad.

Here is the consequence of that ignorance.

Last edited:
I am sure states have laws against that. If not, they should.
Its always good to roll back federal power when they stole it to begin with.

The EPA roll back speaks for itself. It is expensive to update the infrastructure however there are others ways of dealing with sewer systems than allowing more raw sewage into our waterways.

Last edited:
How anyone could support more raw sewage being dumped in rivers is beyond me. The EPA roll back speaks for itself.
The federal govt doesnt have that power.
States do.
Good on them for easing regulations. Maybe next they will abolish the unconstitutional EPA ;)

The Environmental Protection Agency has made it easier for cities to keep dumping raw sewage into rivers by letting them delay or otherwise change federally imposed fixes to their sewer systems, according to interviews with local officials, water utilities and their lobbyists.

Trump’s EPA is allowing this change because Trump supporters seemingly want more raw sewage in their rivers and waterways.

Lol misleading post,, do you not trust Americans? Any evidence they are dumping AFTER this ruling?

Why is the EPA responsible for what cities do with their waste? Shouldn’t you be screaming about these cities and states that are actually doing this? The EPA does not own sewage processing plants, cities do, so why not hold them accountable?

Lol misleading post,, do you not trust Americans? Any evidence they are dumping AFTER this ruling?
The rule changes are just coming into effect.

Why is the EPA responsible for what cities do with their waste? Shouldn’t you be screaming about these cities and states that are actually doing this? The EPA does not own sewage processing plants, cities do, so why not hold them accountable?
Last I looked waterways, rivers and lakes do not respect state borders. The federal government has to be involved.

This is about rules regarding combined sewer overflows, and a lot of the cities getting relief from this are democrat controlled, large old urban centers. They will still have to upgrade their systems, but they will have more time and flexibility to meet the requirements, not ignore the requirements.

I work in wastewater engineering, so I know more about this than you do.

The EPA roll back speaks for itself. It is expensive to update the infrastructure however there are others ways of dealing with sewer systems than allowing more raw sewage into our waterways.

Nice plagiarism there.

This trend is yet another example of the administration’s deregulatory agenda threatening our natural resources and public health,” said Becky Hammer, deputy director for federal water policy at the Natural Resources Defense Council. “If cities face genuine cost concerns, there are other methods to maintain affordability while still keeping sewage out of our lakes and rivers.”

You talking about sanctuary city Los Angeles?

Last I looked waterways, rivers and lakes do not respect state borders. The federal government has to be involved.

But cities are in states. You saying they can’t be governed by the states?

Gawd you’re an idiot.

This is about rules regarding combined sewer overflows, and a lot of the cities getting relief from this are democrat controlled, large old urban centers. They will still have to upgrade their systems, but they will have more time and flexibility to meet the requirements, not ignore the requirements.

I work in wastewater engineering, so I know more about this than you do.
Thanks for proving the veracity of the article. Delaying the upgrades means more raw sewage in the rivers. Over the years as these systems age and breakdown more sewage will flow into the waterways unless upgrades are undertaken.

Gawd you’re an idiot.
Honestly think before you post. Waste dumped in the river does not stay in that city. Rivers flow. Think things out will ya. You can’t be that stupid.

Nice plagiarism there.

This trend is yet another example of the administration’s deregulatory agenda threatening our natural resources and public health,” said Becky Hammer, deputy director for federal water policy at the Natural Resources Defense Council. “If cities face genuine cost concerns, there are other methods to maintain affordability while still keeping sewage out of our lakes and rivers.”
You need to look up the definition of plagiarism.

And where's your outrage about Caliunicornia nutbars allowing raw sewage in the freaking streets?

Gawd you’re an idiot.
Honestly think before you post. Waste dumped in the river does not stay in that city. Rivers flow. Think things out will ya. You can’t be that stupid.

Well the waste isn’t going to be charged by the Feds. The people perpetuating the “crime” are the ones running the cities doing it. They can be held accountable by their local jurisdictions or state, if what they are doing is even illegal.

This is yet another lame ass attempt to blame President Trump for something he has nothing to do with.

And where's your outrage about Caliunicornia nutbars allowing raw sewage in the freaking streets?
That does not affect me. It would affect me if raw sewage in another states winds up on my coastline or in the river I fish in.

That does not affect me. It would affect me if raw sewage in another states winds up on my coastline or in the river I fish in.
So if it doesn't affect you, then it doesn't matter.

Fucking hack.

Gawd you’re an idiot.

Well the waste isn’t going to be charged by the Feds. The people perpetuating the “crime” are the ones running the cities doing it. They can be held accountable by their local jurisdictions or state, if what they are doing is even illegal.

This is yet another lame ass attempt to blame President Trump for something he has nothing to do with.
No, and Marty may be able to answer this better than I can, but sewage systems are governed by federal standards. So if the feds relax standards, it has consequences. This relaxation of standards would not have occurred but for Trump’s appointees at the EPA and his gutting of environmental laws. So yeah it is more than fair to blame Trump.

Forum List

Back