Trump's Attacks on First Amendment Smells Like Fascism

No, it isn't. There are plenty of alternative press sources to counter what your so-called progressive press reports. A free press has news reporting from the entire spectrum of politics and the public has access to all of them.

The government should never have a say in how the free press operates. Once they get involved the free press ceases to exist. Any threat to the free press hinders its ability to operate as a free press.
news reporting is supposed to be impartial and not political, oops!

It can be political, but it can't dress up as impartial while doing it.

I have no issue with MSNBC being a liberal rag, what I have an issue with is them claiming they are not.
FOX News claims to be impartial. "Fair and Balanced". Almost all news organizations make the same claim that they are objective in news reporting if not with their editorial and commentary positions. Usually, it seems like when people discuss this topic they mix the general news reporting and the commentary together. For a truly fair analysis, the two must be separated. Some news sources make a genuine effort to provide opposing viewpoints by providing commentaries from a wide spectrum of political viewpoints in their opinion and editorial sections, or on TV, by having a varied guest list to provide differing views.
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS use their "news" division to push a given view point. There's simply no denying it.
It does not have to be denied. News organizations have a right and even an obligation to report the news as they see it, with whatever spin they want to put on it.
That's only a problem when a lot of people like you deny it and pretend they are "objective."

Left Wingers are dangerous fanatical crackpots.
The American Press is totally biased and it is and it is 100% OK to criticize them.
That is not an attack on Freedom of the Press.

The Press protected Obama's impeachable abuse of power with the NSA, IRS, DOJ and FBI.
If a Republican had done those things they would be apoplectic.

I have no issue with MSNBC being a liberal rag, what I have an issue with is them claiming they are not.
FOX News claims to be impartial. "Fair and Balanced". Almost all news organizations make the same claim that they are objective in news reporting if not with their editorial and commentary positions. Usually, it seems like when people discuss this topic they mix the general news reporting and the commentary together. For a truly fair analysis, the two must be separated. Some news sources make a genuine effort to provide opposing viewpoints by providing commentaries from a wide spectrum of political viewpoints in their opinion and editorial sections, or on TV, by having a varied guest list to provide differing views.
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS use their "news" division to push a given view point. There's simply no denying it.
It does not have to be denied. News organizations have a right and even an obligation to report the news as they see it, with whatever spin they want to put on it.
That's only a problem when a lot of people like you deny it and pretend they are "objective."
That is a subjective opinion, as are the levels of bias of news organizations.

Criticizing the media, or at least particular parts of the media is one thing, suggesting a government investigation is another thing altogether. They are two distinctly different topics.

Criticizing news sources and organizations may have ethical and biased political connotations depending on the situations, but calling for government intervention in the form of a government investigation crosses a line that can lead to restrictions and hindrance of the free press.

A free press is the greatest threat to tyrants

and a progressive lapdog press is the greatest threat to individual freedoms.
No, it isn't. There are plenty of alternative press sources to counter what your so-called progressive press reports. A free press has news reporting from the entire spectrum of politics and the public has access to all of them.

The government should never have a say in how the free press operates. Once they get involved the free press ceases to exist. Any threat to the free press hinders its ability to operate as a free press.

The media has always been political and has always chosen sides since the very first elections in the Republic.

Faux News was built on being partisan and total political hacks. Still are.

No one is arresting reporters or putting them in prison. Their freedom to lie remains. They aren't protected from being exposed as the liars they are.

And the President or anyone else in government has the right to call them out.

I didn't see progressive get the vapors when Obama called out Fox news.

Obama Calls Out Fox News For Demonizing Poor People

He then proceeded to assign some well-deserved blame to the likes of Fox News specifically, saying, "If you watch Fox News on a regular basis...they will find folks who make me mad. I don't know where they find them."

After referencing to the way Fox News magnified the "Obamaphone," he called them out for rarely showing stories about the waitress with two kids who is struggling to get by but playing by all the rules.

No comparison to President Blurter's constant vitriolic attacks on the Press during is campaign rallies, both before and after his election. It's one of the highlights for the crowds.

The world is watching Trump's attacks on the press - CNNPolitics

He then proceeded to assign some well-deserved blame to the likes of Fox News specifically, saying, "If you watch Fox News on a regular basis...they will find folks who make me mad. I don't know where they find them."

After referencing to the way Fox News magnified the "Obamaphone," he called them out for rarely showing stories about the waitress with two kids who is struggling to get by but playing by all the rules.

No comparison to President Blurter's constant vitriolic attacks on the Press during is campaign rallies, both before and after his election. It's one of the highlights for the crowds.

He attacks everyone like that, the press isn't getting any special treatment.

There is still no comparison to the way Obama called out Fox, as you say, and the way Captain Blurt continuously attacks the press.

There is still no comparison to the way Obama called out Fox, as you say, and the way Captain Blurt continuously attacks the press.

And this is relevant how?

Yeah, he boorish. so what?

Only an idiot leftist would believe what this title says, that explains why it's been posted lol.

upload_2017-10-6_10-18-15.png

Republicans have been fighting the first amendment and the Fourth Estate.

The thread was posted because the President of the United States suggested an official government inquiry and investigation into the operations and business of the 1rst Amendment guaranteed freedom of the press that could lead to the infringement, interference, and restrictions on the freedom of the press.

You brought up Obama as if his criticism of Fox, and the progressive reaction to that criticism was on par with the boorish behavior of President Blurt toward the Press and the response that type of behavior.

It wasn't

You brought up Obama as if his criticism of Fox, and the progressive reaction to that criticism was on par with the boorish behavior of President Blurt toward the Press and the response that type of behavior.

It wasn't

Criticism is Criticism. "Attacking the Press" is Attacking the press.

Forum List

Back