Trump's 4% GDP growth promise update

I read your post but everybody I know and myself are doing better-we'll see for sure in 2020-if better Trump wins, if not- Warren.

were you better off in 2016 than you were in 2012?
Yes, by a bit. 2017 on, better by a lot.

Due to Trump or due to your own self?
I did better too from 2017 on and the pos trump had nothing to do with it Matter of fact could have done even better without the AH's tariffs
Tariffs hurt nobody-unless you can say a Chinese doll cost you more than last year.

are you really this dumb or is it an act?

That's not true. Obama's recovering was labelled ther "weakest recovery since WWII", and Trump has yet to achieve the levels of growth, in any major economic indicator, that Obama achieved. Stock market growth is much slower, because of the White House chaos and uncertainty. What growth has been achieved can largely be attributed to the massive numbers of stock buy-backs in the wake of the tax cuts. Buy backs increase the value of the remaining stocks by reducing the number of outstanding shares. If a company is worth $1 million and has 100,000 issued and outstanding shares, each share is worth $10. If the company buys back half it's shares, and is still worth $1 million, there are only 500,000, then each share is now worth $20, without the investors having done anything.

Job growth is also slower because of uncertainty in supply lines, due to tariffs. If the President wakes up in a bad mood and slaps a tariff on your supplier country, your business is in trouble. Supply lines need certainty and security to ensure stable prices and future deliveries , not a trade war.

The economy needs a long range plan and a steady hand, not a ego maniac with no impulse control.
I read your post but everybody I know and myself are doing better-we'll see for sure in 2020-if better Trump wins, if not- Warren.

TRUMP! Before that I struggled myself, but did not get as much or as far.

Other than your 3% tax cut, which absolutely chump change, in what way are you better off? How is your financial life better under Trump. Are your wages higher? Investments. The value of your home? How are you better off under Trump.?

Other than your 3% tax cut, which absolutely chump change, in what way are you better off? How is your financial life better under Trump. Are your wages higher? Investments. The value of your home? How are you better off under Trump.?
All of the above, plus his handling of our so called "Allies". I did not like the Bush War, but the way France and Germany turned their back on us was pathetic. This time we give it right back to them-but with good reasons.

All of the above, plus his handling of our so called "Allies". I did not like the Bush War, but the way France and Germany turned their back on us was pathetic. This time we give it right back to them-but with good reasons.

So, in other words, your lying and you've got nothing. You can't tell me anything that Trump has done to improve your financial life other than a 3% tax deduction that disappears in 2020. I looked at how much money that would have put in my pocket when I was working and it worked out to less than $30 a month. Even if you're paying $100,000 per year in taxes, meaning your income is in the neighbourhood of $750,000 per year, that's less than $300 per month. Peanuts.

But you like how he "handled" your allies, even though you shouldn't have invaded Iraq. This is the most blatant attempt I've ever seen at sucking and blowing at the same time.

If your best friend said to you "I'm going to break into this old guy's house and steal his money and I need all of my friends to help me", would you say "This is my best friend, and even though what he's doing is wrong and illegal, I'm with him through thick and thin", or would you say "I refuse to participate in this illegal and dangerous attack".

Canada didn't participate in the Iraq war either, and most NATO Allies sent token forces at best. Great Britain being the exception. And because of the Iraq War, we have ISIS, Iran is threatening, and Syria is totally out of control. So all of the countries who refused to participate were correct in staying out of this disaster, which has utterly destabilized the Middle East were correct in that assessment.

Trump hasn't "handled" your allies, he's alienated them. He's proven to them that he is unreliable and not to be trusted. He doesn't keep his word and he negotiates in "bad faith", which means he agrees to do things, and then renegs later. Like making a deal with Pelosi and Schumer to give the DACA kids a path to citizenship in exchange for $25 billion to build his wall, and then changing his mind. Or having an aide sign an agreement to pay the North Koreans $2 million for Otto Warmbier's "care", when Trump had no intention of honouring that agreement.

Or promising the Kurds to protect them from Turkey, in exchange for their work in defeating ISIS.

4% is a big number for such a large economy. The fact he hit 3% is an achievement.

It's much easier to achieve if you cut down your expenses, which neither party seems willing to do.
He hasn't hit 3% annually yet. Why are you giving him credit for something he hasn't done?

Even worse for him, he's the only president on record to not have a quarter above 3.5%.

Yeah, the economy sucks ass according to shit-for-brains people like you!
Not so bad now but if you have children they're screwed and Trump will be laughing

Donald Trump promised 4.0% GDP growth a year.

Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Grow the economy by 4 percent a year

In 2018, he fell short with 3.2% growth.

It's still early in 2019, so all we have is estimates of first quarter growth. In order for the economy to stay on track to 4% growth, Q1 must be at least /approximately 4%.

So far things don't look good at all. Economist Diane Swonk said yesterday that Q1 growth could be 1.5%:

GDP growth for the first quarter could slip below 1-1/2% if shutdown endures through the end of the week.

Diane Swonk on Twitter
F636-CAD5-410-A-4283-BE6-C-7-A406-E3-E1-B94.jpg

It looks like Trump wildly exaggerated the results he could achieve.
Donald Trump promised 4.0% GDP growth a year.

Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Grow the economy by 4 percent a year

In 2018, he fell short with 3.2% growth.

It's still early in 2019, so all we have is estimates of first quarter growth. In order for the economy to stay on track to 4% growth, Q1 must be at least /approximately 4%.

So far things don't look good at all. Economist Diane Swonk said yesterday that Q1 growth could be 1.5%:

GDP growth for the first quarter could slip below 1-1/2% if shutdown endures through the end of the week.

Diane Swonk on Twitter
F636-CAD5-410-A-4283-BE6-C-7-A406-E3-E1-B94.jpg

It looks like Trump wildly exaggerated the results he could achieve.
New quarter, new fail:
As Growth Slows To 1.9%, The Economy Is Falling Short Of Trump's Target

In the wake of the student debt crisis, stagnant wage growth across all education levels and all fields, how is regurgitating this far Left talking point of 'stapling green cards to diplomas' America First?

Forum List

Back