Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/b...-carrier-plant-will-keep-jobs-in-us.html?_r=0

Abra Cadabra! Trump's magic is here! The Donald has convinced Carrier Heating and Air Conditioning to stay in the US!

Just think of the jobs that will be returning/staying once he is president. I would guess even Obama himself is impressed!

What did Carrier get to make that decision?

Trump's magic?
Probably huge concessions from your leviathans bureaucracy......

We will know Thursday when POTUS Trump goes to Indiana to discuss the matter with we the people....

No matter the reason its good news.

Fourteen hundred people work at that plant and now their jobs are safe.

I'm sure Trump told Carrier the Corporate tax rate will be going down from 35% to 15% and that was probably one of the reasons they decided to stay.

Trump is also a businessman and he knows how to make his case for them staying in America.

Good for Trump and good for Carrier and congratulations to all those workers who will still be employed.

I heard Pence is the one who worked the deal and had been working with Carrier for over a year?

No matter the reason its good news.

Fourteen hundred people work at that plant and now their jobs are safe.

I'm sure Trump told Carrier the Corporate tax rate will be going down from 35% to 15% and that was probably one of the reasons they decided to stay.

Trump is also a businessman and he knows how to make his case for them staying in America.

Good for Trump and good for Carrier and congratulations to all those workers who will still be employed.

For fucks sake. You are sure?

Man....have a little dignity.

It would be great if the people posting in this thread...including the OP...wee to actually read the article.

It is important to go beyond the fucking headline.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/b...-carrier-plant-will-keep-jobs-in-us.html?_r=0

Abra Cadabra! Trump's magic is here! The Donald has convinced Carrier Heating and Air Conditioning to stay in the US!

Just think of the jobs that will be returning/staying once he is president. I would guess even Obama himself is impressed!

Trump's magic?

Bet is was less that the screwing we got from GM.

Whoa! You sound like a guy who knows stuff! I'd better read your posts.

Trump's magic?

I'm sorry snowflake, have I triggered you?

I heard Pence is the one who worked the deal and had been working with Carrier for over a year?
Isn't great to have an administration that puts America first for a change.....
I think its great to have an administration that just realizes there are Americans to put first. this being used as the worlds ATM is getting old. And when you consider that in order for us to GIVE money away to some third world country, we first have to BORROW that money with interest.
The stupidity that has been coming out of washington for so many years, and from both parties is about to change. Its why neither party wanted Trump as president either, he is about to not only rain on their protected parade, he is about to send a typhoon after them.
Play time is over.
what he needs to do is to bring corporate tax down to less than 10%, maybe down to zero for companies that have less than 25 employees. That would bring companies from all over the world here to save money, the higher wages here would still not eat into the tax savings they get for being here, and a bonus for the liberals is that we could then afford to absorb all the filthy taco eaters you want because we will have real jobs for them.

Carrier / UTC = THEIR PARENT COMPANY has only averaged paying 10% in corporate income taxes NOT the 35% marginal corporate tax rate, for the past 15 years with their annual average income of $2.8 Billion....or so.

Carrier/UTC WANTS MORE tax breaks, as in zero taxes for their repatriated profits from overseas... btw, how does this help the USA and help workers get jobs... by companies bringing their money back to the USA to sit in a US bank vs a foreign bank...I don't understand all of that stuff...? Is it the banks that make money off of them bringing their profits made overseas home to the US? It ain't for tax monies, cuz giving them a break of zero percent in taxes is simply zero for the federal govt coffers?

TrumpPence can't make a deal that is not up to them to make, ya know? they have to get their tax breaks through congress and it would not be for Carrier only, but for all corporations...

Trump has pledged repeatedly to keep UTC and Carrier from offshoring jobs, and it now appears that UTC may want a lower tax rate as the price for complying with this demand. Saving middle-class jobs is an important and laudable goal. But policymakers should approach such consequential discussions with all the facts. And the fact is that Carrier’s parent company already pays a relatively low effective tax rate.

As we previously noted, UTC does not have a lot of skin in the game when it comes to federal income taxes. The company paid an effective federal tax rate averaging just 10.3 percent over the 15-year period between 2000 and 2014. And UTC’s most recent annual report shows more of the same: the company paid a federal tax rate of just 9.4 percent on $2.8 billion in U.S. profits last year. This means year after year, the profitable company pays only a fraction of the federal statutory rate of 35 percent.

The company’s push for a corporate tax cut likely has a lot to do with its offshore cash. As of 2015, UTC had a cumulative $29 billion in profits stashed offshore that it claimed it earned abroad and has no intention of repatriating to the United States. The profits, if repatriated, would be subject to the federal corporate tax rate less any taxes it paid to foreign governments.

It’s impossible to know how much of this offshore cash is in the hands of the company’s zero-tax haven subsidiaries in the Cayman Islands or the British Virgin Islands because UTC refuses to disclose this information. (The limited disclosures that have been made by other corporations with offshore cash show these companies are paying single digit tax rates on their foreign profits.) But it seems plausible that when the company warns of “adverse tax consequences” of repatriating from “certain of our subsidiaries,” it has its Caribbean affiliates in mind.

The United States is one of the world’s most advanced democracies, which our federal tax system enables. Infrastructure, public education, health and safety, clean water, safe food, and national defense all require tax dollars—from citizens and corporations. The Unites States simply cannot compete with a zero-percent tax rate, nor should it try.

A company like Carrier, which may be accustomed to stashing money in the Cayman Islands and paying a zero-percent tax rate, certainly would consider the U.S. federal statutory rate “adverse.” But given UTC’s consistent ability to avoid that tax rate over the past 15 years, it’s hard to see why Congress or the incoming Trump administration should prioritize finding a way to cut the company’s taxes even further.

A Few Things to Consider Before Giving Away the Store to Carrier Corp | Tax Justice Blog

Trump's magic?

You've said and done nothing. Maybe you want to outline the screwing that GM gave us?

And...that snowflake thing......it gives you away.

Trump's magic?

You've said and done nothing. Maybe you want to outline the screwing that GM gave us?

And...that snowflake thing......it gives you away.
You mean gM?

Trump's magic?

the term is ''special snowflake'' not simply ''snowflake''!!!!! Look it up, Urban Dictionary!!!! :p

Trump's magic?

the term is ''special snowflake'' not simply ''snowflake''!!!!! Look it up, Urban Dictionary!!!! :p
No, it's snowflake, snowflake....

Forum List

Back