Trump, the GOP and 2018

Rw is not stupid enough to think that one party sweeping one election is the an ONe Party State.

If that is what he is suggesting, he is lying.

FYI, moron.

One-party state - Wikipedia

"A one-party state, single-party state, one-party system, single-party system or one-party democracy is a type of state in which one political party has the right to form the government, usually based on the existing constitution. All other parties are either outlawed or allowed to take only a limited and controlled participation in elections. Sometimes the term de facto one-party state is used to describe a dominant-party system that, unlike the one-party state, allows (at least nominally) democratic multiparty elections, but the existing practices or balance of political power effectively prevent the opposition from winning the elections."
You seem to miss the point

If the VOTERS elect one party over another, it is not a one party state
They still have a choice........just because the choose one party over another does not create a one party state

So, wtf are you talking about claiming that the Republicans have a one party state?
I said, of the two
Republicans are the closest

I also expect that they will waste their dominance and so enrage the public, the Democrats will take power

Yet, despite Trump voters giving the GOP all branches of government, they are unable to get their agenda enacted, due to resistance from the media, and the deep state. extra government power centers.

It seems that despite how the election when, we still don't get our way...

So, who is it that has a lock on power, with the other side restricted to limited, eve pretend participation?

well said, and what's really disturbing is that the libs seem happy with the media and unknown hidden power brokers controlling our country.

I guess ignorance is bliss.

RW started a great thread on how demographic shift would make this country an One Party STate.

Except he thought it would be a good thing and that Middle America would just quietly accept being oppressed.

I think he is starting to realize that that was incorrect and thus he retreat from any real debate.

Rw is not stupid enough to think that one party sweeping one election is the an ONe Party State.

FYI, moron.

"A one-party state, single-party state, one-party system, single-party system or one-party democracy is a type of state in which one political party has the right to form the government, usually based on the existing constitution. All other parties are either outlawed or allowed to take only a limited and controlled participation in elections. Sometimes the term de facto one-party state is used to describe a dominant-party system that, unlike the one-party state, allows (at least nominally) democratic multiparty elections, but the existing practices or balance of political power effectively prevent the opposition from winning the elections."

They still have a choice........just because the choose one party over another does not create a one party state

So, wtf are you talking about claiming that the Republicans have a one party state?
I said, of the two

I also expect that they will waste their dominance and so enrage the public, the Democrats will take power

Yet, despite Trump voters giving the GOP all branches of government, they are unable to get their agenda enacted, due to resistance from the media, and the deep state. extra government power centers.

So, who is it that has a lock on power, with the other side restricted to limited, eve pretend participation?

well said, and what's really disturbing is that the libs seem happy with the media and unknown hidden power brokers controlling our country.

A free press keeps government in check

Second amendment doesn't

I said, of the two

Second amendment doesn't

actually an unbiased truthful media keeps government in check. When the media becomes the mouthpiece of one ideological part of government it is no longer a free press. That's when the second amendment comes into play and is the exact reason it was put in the constitution by the founders.

I said, of the two

RW started a great thread on how demographic shift would make this country an One Party STate.

Except he thought it would be a good thing and that Middle America would just quietly accept being oppressed.

I think he is starting to realize that that was incorrect and thus he retreat from any real debate.

I actually feel sorry for RW and his sock Jake snarkey and his buddy gnat. Their indoctrination is so complete that they are not able to absorb facts and truth.

I said, of the two

Second amendment doesn't

actually an unbiased truthful media keeps government in check. When the media becomes the mouthpiece of one ideological part of government it is no longer a free press. That's when the second amendment comes into play and is the exact reason it was put in the constitution by the founders.

As long as there has been media, there have been political leanings of the editorial board

Some leaned left or right.......some were outright biased

It is still a free press

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?
"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

What are the high crimes or misdemeanors you'd charge him with?

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?
"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

Maybe if Trump got a blowjob we could impeach him

"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

Screws me, I'm not pushing impeachment. The point of the thread is political calculation, 2018 and what congressional Republicans might be thinking.

1. Trump is not a monster. YOu are a lying asshole.

2. Your pretense that you don't understand the English word "let" is rejected. YOu are a lying asshole.

3. Lefties like yourself don't get to complain about sexual harassment, see Bill Clinton.

4. Your complain about "personal insults" while your side has been engaging in the politics of personal destruction for generations on an industrial scale is dismissed as idiocy.

5. If Trump fails this is the permanent marginalization of Middle America, and the effective end of American democracy. What follows in on you and yours, asshole.
The deplorable Trumpanzees are awfully excitable these days.
yes.gif

We can only hope that is what happens

In the mean time we need a thorough investigation
Trumps presidency depends on it

You want to sabotage Trump.

As he is the only threat to your dream of a ONe Party State.

Please stop your lying.
Don't you realize Republicans have a one party state?

Please support your absurdly stupid claim, or admit that you are a dishonest troll.
WTF? Republicans control the White House, House, Senate, SCOTUS, and most of the governorships and state legislative bodies in the country.

How fucking stupid are you? Serious question.

FYI, moron.

I didn't realize you were speaking wingnut. No, Democrats aren't trying to achieve a one party state in the literal. But they would like to have what the Republicans currently have: one party control over all of government.

That's not the only criteria. He can be impeached for violating his oath to the Constitution. Between the emoluments, the sharing of Top Secret classified information with our bigly adversary, and his knowledge that Flynn was under investigation for being a double agent when he named him NSA and then let him sit in on highly classified briefings.

"preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States"

"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

Screws me, I'm not pushing impeachment. The point of the thread is political calculation, 2018 and what congressional Republicans might be thinking.
Impeachment is on the way, sooner or later. It's to the Republicans interest to have it sooner, to recover their image in time. It's in Democrats interests to have it explode closer to the 2018 midterms.

That's not the only criteria. He can be impeached for violating his oath to the Constitution. Between the emoluments, the sharing of Top Secret classified information with our bigly adversary, and his knowledge that Flynn was under investigation for being a double agent when he named him NSA and then let him sit in on highly classified briefings.

Calling someone a double agent implies they are a spy. American spies are arrested, charged, convicted & imprisoned or executed.

Flynn is a free man & YOU are a moron.

Calling someone a double agent implies they are a spy. American spies are arrested, charged, convicted & imprisoned or executed.

We have to see what Flynn has to say

If he committed a crime, is he willing to give up his accomplices?

"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

Impeachment is on the way, sooner or later. It's to the Republicans interest to have it sooner, to recover their image in time. It's in Democrats interests to have it explode closer to the 2018 midterms.

In other words she's telling dumbasses like you to stfu

He is a double agent. It was Flynn's influence that kept us from attacking Raqqa, which Türkiye didn't want us to attack. He was paid over $500,000 from the Turkish government. He was in a meeting with Turkish government officials about kidnapping Fethullah Gülen from Pennsylvania and sneaking him back to Türkiye.

LOCK HIM UP!

"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

Now you respect Pelosi and say that I should, also. You wingnuts are hilarious!

"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

Pelosi doesn't want to play her hand until the most damning information comes out

"Just dump the guy"?

Lol

Now you respect Pelosi and say that I should, also. You wingnuts are hilarious!

I don't respect her. If you believe I do you're dumber than I thought. Having said that you do so......, stfu already

Now, hopefully the Democrats will nominate someone sensible and moderate to go up against President Pence
I can't see Democrats allowing Pence to become POTUS, as a complicit actor in this conspiracy. It's either be Ryan or a special election.
far as i know they have no choice in the matter. they had their op to put in who they wanted and lost.
Pence is part of the coverup. He was the head of the transition team that allowed Flynn to become NSA.

I predicted this awhile ago, the Dems want power, they will try to impeach anyone in the way.

Forum List

Back