Trump: The first POTUS ever to interview US Attorneys

Bet you can't guess which ones! :dunno:

<snip>

In our sophisticated system of checks and balances, important customs have arisen to protect prosecutors from being compromised by political encroachment. One of those traditions is that the U.S. Attorneys are nominated by the President with input from the Senators from the states where the districts sit, vetted by the FBI and the Department of Justice, and confirmed by the whole U.S. Senate. Traditionally, they are not interviewed by the President.

Enter Donald Trump. We have just learned that Trump is now taking the highly unusual step of violating this protocol. He is now personally interviewing candidates for three key U.S. Attorney positions — Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Washington, D.C. — all places where he and his family have extensive and ongoing business dealings.

Notably, the President reportedly has not interviewed any candidate for any of the other U.S. Attorney positions across the country.

What are his motives? Why would the President wish to create a personal relationship with these potentially powerful prosecutors?​

All:

Jon Liebman: Donald Trump Auditioning Federal Prosecutors In Alarming Reality Show Twist – Guest Column
/—-/ pooor libtard. BTW if Obozo interviewed attorneys you would never heard about it.
I agree with you Cellblock we would not have heard about it. I think it's great a president willing to take the time to look into the people's future prosecutors and justice managers. There has been way too much corruption overlooked in all aspects of government. I hope he makes sure that these new hires understand that crooks in high places are not above the law and us little folks are not to be trampled on in favor of political elitist who have connections that we do not have. It looks to me like there is an overabundance of Trump Derangement Syndrome manifesting on the boards. Have they forgotten that they are being encouraged to go outside lift their face to the heavens and open their mouth screaming in abandonment til the cows come home? They have rights you know.....lol
I doubt if the justices need our President to remind them of their mission. The President doesn't need to be grilling the prospective justices that might well be reviewing cases involving his personal empire. Talk about trampling on little guys' rights. Can you see where that might possibly be a problem?
How do you know what is being asked or said in those interviews? If in fact you are in the loop and knowledgeable tell me what exactly is being discussed in these interview meetings?
I never said I knew, did I? Do you think they're chatting about the weather? Why do you think they're meeting, Rodishi?
I have not a clue anymore than you do but if I were the president I damned sure would record everything from here on out. Especially with all of the unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations many have so eagerly demonstrated in this thread.

It actually isn't "unprecedented." It simply hasn't been splashed all over cable TV by leakers in the past. Which just goes to show why he needs to do it.

And YET .. You and every damn otherTrumpling have entirely failed to show us another POTUS EVER who interviewed a US Attorney prior to appointment.

C'mon - I will temporarily accept even Gateway Pundit, Infowars and Breitbart! :D

2-2-fail-stamp-png-clipart-thumb.png

You would know all about that, wouldn't you. And it is protocol, not law. I have no problem with him getting to know who is going to be putting in those positions of power. Given some of the complete imbeciles that have been given those jobs I think it's a good idea.

Awesome, then we'll wait for him to interview EVERY appointment .. not just the ones where investigations into Trump and Kushner families are underway.

MmmmK?

<snip>

In our sophisticated system of checks and balances, important customs have arisen to protect prosecutors from being compromised by political encroachment. One of those traditions is that the U.S. Attorneys are nominated by the President with input from the Senators from the states where the districts sit, vetted by the FBI and the Department of Justice, and confirmed by the whole U.S. Senate. Traditionally, they are not interviewed by the President.

Enter Donald Trump. We have just learned that Trump is now taking the highly unusual step of violating this protocol. He is now personally interviewing candidates for three key U.S. Attorney positions — Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Washington, D.C. — all places where he and his family have extensive and ongoing business dealings.

Notably, the President reportedly has not interviewed any candidate for any of the other U.S. Attorney positions across the country.

What are his motives? Why would the President wish to create a personal relationship with these potentially powerful prosecutors?​

All:

Jon Liebman: Donald Trump Auditioning Federal Prosecutors In Alarming Reality Show Twist – Guest Column
It's ok if trump does it.

It actually isn't "unprecedented." It simply hasn't been splashed all over cable TV by leakers in the past. Which just goes to show why he needs to do it.

And YET .. You and every damn otherTrumpling have entirely failed to show us another POTUS EVER who interviewed a US Attorney prior to appointment.

C'mon - I will temporarily accept even Gateway Pundit, Infowars and Breitbart! :D

The others simply have an underling do it for them. I think it's admirable that Trump chooses to perform this task himself.

The others simply have an underling do it for them. I think it's admirable that Trump chooses to perform this task himself.

Then why did Trump only interview the US attorneys for southern district of NY (Trump tower), South Florida (Mar-a-lago) , district of columbia (white house) and eastern district of NY (Trump businesses)

93 U.S. attorneys located throughout the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Yet Trump only interviews those who would have jurisdiction to prosecute him

/—-/ Now that Russia Russia Russia has fizzled out, Trumps meetings with nominees will be the next attempt at impeachment and treason charges by the Libs

Then why did Trump only interview the US attorneys for southern district of NY (Trump tower), South Florida (Mar-a-lago) , district of columbia (white house) and eastern district of NY (Trump businesses)

93 U.S. attorneys located throughout the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Yet Trump only interviews those who would have jurisdiction to prosecute him

Did he do something illegal?

<snip>

All:

Anyone ought to be watching what that sneaky bastard is quietly doing behind the scenes while the reporters are all busy buzzing about his latest tweet.
He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it.
I see you all are derping along today...

They still have to go through normal channels to get the job. If Trump tried to compromise them it would be discovered by the Senate.
Scout's honor, I didn't even consider that Trump was compromising the justices. I just figured he's asking the questions HE wants answered. Blackmail and corruption were your projection, not mine.
Then your post, which explicitly implied it, was completely pointless.
Who gives a fuck if he interviews them...
Apparently, the OP. Are you embarrassed that you read such bad intentions into your hero?
No, I'm embarrassed that I bothered trying to converse rationally with such a dumb twit.

/—-/ Now that Russia Russia Russia has fizzled out, Trumps meetings with nominees will be the next attempt at impeachment and treason charges by the Libs

Trump paid $5.9 million to the folks who emailed a collusion offer Julian Assange, seeking to oversee the release of the stolen Clinton emails.

Trump paid $5.9 million to the folks who emailed a collusion offer Julian Assange, seeking to oversee the release of the stolen Clinton emails.

"A collusion offer?" Providing the Trump campaign with emails he has in his posesion is entirely legal. So where is the crime?

/——/ I know this sounds crazy but do you have any proof of your delusional theory?

Forum List

Back