Trump: The first POTUS ever to interview US Attorneys

Then your post, which explicitly implied it, was completely pointless.
Who gives a fuck if he interviews them...

I do, it is unprecedented and reeks of the same BS that we went through with Comey - a demand for "loyalty".

This is high level Trump corruption .. nothing more, nothing less
You are supremely naive if yoi think Obama didn't undertake similar precautions. However, Democrats are all scumbags, so the danger is much greater for Republicans.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Who cares?

Don't bet you'd give a rat's ass about anything Cheeto Jesus does.

cd6bae78c32a350137034696c4a8b9cc--donald-trump-donald-oconnor.jpg

You are supremely naive if yoi think Obama didn't undertake similar precautions. However, Democrats are all scumbags, so the danger is much greater for Republicans.

Oh AWESOME Angry Little Man. We'll wait for the proof that Obama interviewed ANY US Attorneys!

More left wing paranoia? How come lefties weren't concerned when Bill Clinton was "interviewing" A.G. Loretta Lynch on an airport tarmac on behalf of his wife?

Trump: The first POTUS ever to interview US Attorneys

Really? By what contrived sense of hubris does Trump find himself qualified to interview anyone who will hold a job as an attorney representing the people of the U.S? I mean, seriously. The man has nine months of government experience of any sort, zero legal training, zero experience practicing law, zero prosecutorial experience, has written not one legal brief, has likely conducted no structured legal research, has argued no cases before a judge or jury, and he's not a particularly deep or keen thinker in any regard, least of all jurisprudentially. While the man may have questions to ask, none of them, unless he happens to "get lucky," are likely to be probative, or even informative, on the question of whether any given individual is highly qualified to serve as a U.S. Attorney.

Talk about micro-managing! U.S. Attorneys are, at best, three levels down from the President, and most of them are several rungs lower than that.
Good point. But you do realize that the U.S. Attorneys have been throwing a monkey wrench in the Trump machinery since he started. Also, he's got skin in the game financially in ways I wouldn't begin to understand. He knows what he wants and he aims to get it.
Sorry, but that line fits with the "it's someone else's fault" way of viewing the vicissitudes of one's success, failure, and the outcome of the challenges one faces and overcomes or doesn't. I ascribe to the "the blame lies with the oneself" school. I do because very, very few adults find themselves in places/situations as a result of choices others made and that we could not have interdicted or at least removed ourselves from the path of those other's decisions. That is especially true for people like Trump, who have always had behind them the advantages of wealth, social position, good health and white-maleness. I don't begrudge him those things; I'm simply saying that having always had all those things, there is nobody else to blame for anything about his current situation.

Bet you can't guess which ones! :dunno:

<snip>

In our sophisticated system of checks and balances, important customs have arisen to protect prosecutors from being compromised by political encroachment. One of those traditions is that the U.S. Attorneys are nominated by the President with input from the Senators from the states where the districts sit, vetted by the FBI and the Department of Justice, and confirmed by the whole U.S. Senate. Traditionally, they are not interviewed by the President.

Enter Donald Trump. We have just learned that Trump is now taking the highly unusual step of violating this protocol. He is now personally interviewing candidates for three key U.S. Attorney positions — Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Washington, D.C. — all places where he and his family have extensive and ongoing business dealings.

Notably, the President reportedly has not interviewed any candidate for any of the other U.S. Attorney positions across the country.

What are his motives? Why would the President wish to create a personal relationship with these potentially powerful prosecutors?​

All:

Jon Liebman: Donald Trump Auditioning Federal Prosecutors In Alarming Reality Show Twist – Guest Column
Anyone ought to be watching what that sneaky bastard is quietly doing behind the scenes while the reporters are all busy buzzing about his latest tweet.
He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it.
I see you all are derping along today...

They still have to go through normal channels to get the job. If Trump tried to compromise them it would be discovered by the Senate.
Scout's honor, I didn't even consider that Trump was compromising the justices. I just figured he's asking the questions HE wants answered. Blackmail and corruption were your projection, not mine.
Then your post, which explicitly implied it, was completely pointless.
Who gives a fuck if he interviews them...
Apparently, the OP. Are you embarrassed that you read such bad intentions into your hero?

More left wing paranoia? How come lefties weren't concerned when Bill Clinton was "interviewing" A.G. Loretta Lynch on an airport tarmac on behalf of his wife?

you have no idea what went on there.. he might have been getting head for all you know.

<snip>

In our sophisticated system of checks and balances, important customs have arisen to protect prosecutors from being compromised by political encroachment. One of those traditions is that the U.S. Attorneys are nominated by the President with input from the Senators from the states where the districts sit, vetted by the FBI and the Department of Justice, and confirmed by the whole U.S. Senate. Traditionally, they are not interviewed by the President.

Enter Donald Trump. We have just learned that Trump is now taking the highly unusual step of violating this protocol. He is now personally interviewing candidates for three key U.S. Attorney positions — Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Washington, D.C. — all places where he and his family have extensive and ongoing business dealings.

Notably, the President reportedly has not interviewed any candidate for any of the other U.S. Attorney positions across the country.

What are his motives? Why would the President wish to create a personal relationship with these potentially powerful prosecutors?​

All:

Jon Liebman: Donald Trump Auditioning Federal Prosecutors In Alarming Reality Show Twist – Guest Column
/—-/ pooor libtard. BTW if Obozo interviewed attorneys you never would have heard about it.

Last edited:

<snip>

All:

/—-/ pooor libtard. BTW if Obozo interviewed attorneys you would never heard about it.
I agree with you Cellblock we would not have heard about it. I think it's great a president willing to take the time to look into the people's future prosecutors and justice managers. There has been way too much corruption overlooked in all aspects of government. I hope he makes sure that these new hires understand that crooks in high places are not above the law and us little folks are not to be trampled on in favor of political elitist who have connections that we do not have. It looks to me like there is an overabundance of Trump Derangement Syndrome manifesting on the boards. Have they forgotten that they are being encouraged to go outside lift their face to the heavens and open their mouth screaming in abandonment til the cows come home? They have rights you know.....lol

<snip>

All:

/—-/ pooor libtard. BTW if Obozo interviewed attorneys you would never heard about it.
I agree with you Cellblock we would not have heard about it. I think it's great a president willing to take the time to look into the people's future prosecutors and justice managers. There has been way too much corruption overlooked in all aspects of government. I hope he makes sure that these new hires understand that crooks in high places are not above the law and us little folks are not to be trampled on in favor of political elitist who have connections that we do not have. It looks to me like there is an overabundance of Trump Derangement Syndrome manifesting on the boards. Have they forgotten that they are being encouraged to go outside lift their face to the heavens and open their mouth screaming in abandonment til the cows come home? They have rights you know.....lol
I doubt if the justices need our President to remind them of their mission. The President doesn't need to be grilling the prospective justices that might well be reviewing cases involving his personal empire. Talk about trampling on little guys' rights. Can you see where that might possibly be a problem?

<snip>

All:

I doubt if the justices need our President to remind them of their mission. The President doesn't need to be grilling the prospective justices that might well be reviewing cases involving his personal empire. Talk about trampling on little guys' rights. Can you see where that might possibly be a problem?
How do you know what is being asked or said in those interviews? If in fact you are in the loop and knowledgeable tell me what exactly is being discussed in these interview meetings?

<snip>

All:

How do you know what is being asked or said in those interviews? If in fact you are in the loop and knowledgeable tell me what exactly is being discussed in these interview meetings?

The fact that he’s meeting them at all is unprecedented. It completely disintegrates the separation of powers. That should matter to all Americans.

That he’s meeting only with attorneys where he or “the Kush” own property should concern everyone.

<snip>

All:

The fact that he’s meeting them at all is unprecedented. It completely disintegrates the separation of powers. That should matter to all Americans.

That he’s meeting only with attorneys where he or “the Kush” own property should concern everyone.
It only "completely disintegrates the separation of powers" in your mind. They still have to be approve by the legislators. His property ownership isn't really any of your business is it? Unless you like so many other leftist believe that a private individual has no right to own property and receive the benefits from the ownership of the property they own unless they are in your camp and doing your bidding.

<snip>

All:

I never said I knew, did I? Do you think they're chatting about the weather? Why do you think they're meeting, Rodishi?

<snip>

All:

I never said I knew, did I? Do you think they're chatting about the weather? Why do you think they're meeting, Rodishi?
/——/ well billy met with the AG to discuss grandkids.

In other words, it's all perfetly legal.

Thanks for playing!

Like almost everything Trump does with regards to demands for loyalty, it is unprecedented and BARELY legal.

Stay tuned - Bob Mueller is all over this much to your chagrin.

Amiright Angry Trumpkin? :)
It actually isn't "unprecedented." It simply hasn't been splashed all over cable TV by leakers in the past. Which just goes to show why he needs to do it.

They must be indoctrinated first

You would know all about that, wouldn't you. And it is protocol, not law. I have no problem with him getting to know who is going to be putting in those positions of power. Given some of the complete imbeciles that have been given those jobs I think it's a good idea.

Forum List

Back