Trump tells a vet who lost his leg...Congratulations

It is a major faux pas to ever refer to recipients of any military medals as having 'won' them,

even indirectly I assume, as is what Trump did.

So you have a complete misunderstanding of what the Purple Heart actually is an award for. It's not a participation trophy.

Wanna bet CC hasn't even gotten a participation trophy? Even his looney leftwing teachers knew it was best to not give him false hope and figured he'd walk in front of a truck at some point. Natural selection failed us up to this point but if he suddenly stops posting, I'll be even more optimistic for the future.

Look at this guy trying to change the topic to...wait for it...Participation Trophies!! :lmao::lmao:The struggle is real :lmao:

While giving him a medal? Are you fucking brain dead or something?

You're right, congratulations is the only appropriate thing to say when awarding the purple heart. Move along little fan boy.
So you have a complete misunderstanding of what the Purple Heart actually is an award for. It's not a participation trophy.

Yes and I also know that saying congratulations is not the right word to use when presenting it. You're the other guy.
What else are you supposed to say?

Like I said on page one, you believe that is congratulations is the only appropriate thing to say. You must be a hoot at funerals. Move along fan boy. You see every Trump move is the right and only thing to do. You're boring that way. Peace.
When did he lose his leg?

Trump also once said he always wanted a Purple Heart.

Now this is ridiculous. He avoided Vietnam through bone spurs.

You know who did receive a Purple Heart? John McCain. Oh that's right, you like people who weren't captured even though you whine on Twitter about SNL making fun of you and cannot even imagine you adjusting to being a POW.

WTF...who fricken cares. Aren't there bigger issues currently happening in this world, in this country?

You know who did receive a Purple Heart? John McCain. Oh that's right, you like people who weren't captured even though you whine on Twitter about SNL making fun of you and cannot even imagine you adjusting to being a POW.

WTF...who fricken cares. Aren't there bigger issues currently happening in this world, in this country?

How dare we be free to discuss a video on a politics forum.

Biden tells man in wheelchair to stand up. Idiot Dem in congress thinks an island can capsize. Obama thinks there's 57 states.

Evidently there aren't any bigger issues. Let me apologize on behalf of at least a couple of conservatives for not being more sensitive to you and your feelings, so sorry you got your feeling hurt from a video.:asshole:

Biden tells man in wheelchair to stand up. Idiot Dem in congress thinks an island can capsize. Obama thinks there's 57 states.

There's a difference between a gaffe and always wanting to get an award yet didn't put in the work for it.

Evidently there aren't any bigger issues. Let me apologize on behalf of at least a couple of conservatives for not being more sensitive to you and your feelings, so sorry you got your feeling hurt from a video.:asshole:

Did we get our feelings hurt or are we just talking about one of Trump's laundry list of farcical statements?

NowThis Politics

Congrats on getting your leg blown off!
I have to agree, Trump is not adept with words. It's almost certain that between his leg and a Purple Heart medal, the vet would sooner have his leg.

He survived the ordeal. Wounds like that can quickly be fatal. Some of these dudes have to have the presence of mind to allow medics to do their jobs and stay calm after seeing their legs mangled knowing it's not salvageable.
have the presence of mind to allow medics to do their jobs
...Perhaps that's for what Trump congratulated him? I doubt it, but maybe. Trump, in person, is quite personable, and on that level, he generally and genuinely does mean well. As long as one doesn't "think" much about what he actually says to one, one'll probably be fine and appreciate his having done so.

I suppose at the end of the day, the veteran did meet the POTUS and receive his Purple Heart from the POTUS. That is a nice thing and something he and his family will cherish for as long as they live, and for most vets, I suspect that alone is something upon which they'd look kindly no matter what POTUS pinned the medal on them.

When one is an active, injured or retired vet, the POTUS is still the CIC, and one need not like the man, his policies, etc. for that to be so and to thus accord him the appreciation and respect the office of the Presidency/CIC deserves. Even I, who did not serve in the military and who cares nothing for the notion of Donald Trump's being POTUS, can give the POTUS that much respect were he to see fit to pin a medal to my chest or drape one around my neck. In politics, he's Donald Trump, the guy I can't stand as POTUS. When it comes to his honoring citizens who've earned the accolade, he's the President, and the fact that Donald Trump currently holds that title is beside the point.

Last edited:
upload_2017-4-26_19-28-37.png

All kidding and politics aside, thank-you Sergeant Barrientos for your dedication and service to the country.

Tried to find out where his hometown was but my Google search simply resulted in message that it wasn't released.

Last edited:

He used the "bigger issues" dodge with an emotional attack. Do you Pokemon?

You are one sick puppy to make such a claim. Sick and desperate for mud to sling. Go wash your mouth out.

Hell,Trump said he had the best audience on a TV show since 9/11. Now that's sick.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back