Trump supporter ignoring judge's order to remove vulgar anti-Biden signs from yard

Cornhole is a beanbag game played by young and old. Get your mind off of gay sex please. :cool-45:

cornhole-1200-870x489.jpg
Isn't that lovely? In the 60s it was a euphemism for anal sex and as far as I know, still is.

But it seems you know that, so what's your point?

Apparently. The assorted members here have never heard of the First Amendment.

It seems to me that Ms. Dicks can sue in Federal Court and win. The word Fuck used in political speech is protected under the First Amendment.

As for Trump reimbursing her. The ACLU is probably ready to file the lawsuit. This is their bread and butter after all.

I bought a face mask that says in very large bold letters

TRUMP SUCKS

I live in an area that is liberal but we do have some conservatives.

I've run into some of those conservatives who have told me they hate my mask.

My reply is always, Ok. Then I walk away. Leaving the conservative to stand there confused because they didn't get the argument they wanted to have with me.

The conservatives can't even take a simple TRUMP SUCKS. They would totally flip out if someone in their neighborhood put up signs about trump like that woman as done with Biden.

Conservatives don't believe that rules apply to them.

I've seen lots of Trump Sucks face masks here on the Oregon Coast. That's merely a tasteful political opinion. But I also saw one that said "Fuck Trump" in a grocery store with little kids around. That bothered me a little bit.

Well played btw - Nothing better than not giving a Rump supporter the argument they crave! :lol:

Apparently. The assorted members here have never heard of the First Amendment.

It seems to me that Ms. Dicks can sue in Federal Court and win. The word Fuck used in political speech is protected under the First Amendment.

As for Trump reimbursing her. The ACLU is probably ready to file the lawsuit. This is their bread and butter after all.

The signs obviously violated the Community Standards in Ms Dick's neighborhood. They may have also violated CC&Rs for her HOA. Sorry, she would lose her ass and she'd end up flushing her money down a crap hole..

Hmmm - $250 a day would be $7500 per month. Hope Ms Dick has a fat purse! :lol:

The signs obviously violated the Community Standards in Ms Dick's neighborhood. They may have also violated CC&Rs for her HOA. Sorry, she would lose her ass and she'd end up flushing her money down a crap hole..

Hmmm - $250 a day would be $7500 per month. Hope Ms Dick has a fat purse! :lol:

You are right about an HOA. But Community Standards would not be enough if it is local government.

You are right about an HOA. But Community Standards would not be enough if it is local government.
It MAY not be enough. However, if they Mayor and the City Council get enough complaints, they sure as hell can force you to take down an offensive sign with or without an HOA.

If the display is offensive enough, it could also initiate an unwanted visit from the Secret Service, not to mention the scorn of one's neighbors.

I've seen lots of Trump Sucks face masks here on the Oregon Coast. That's merely a tasteful political opinion. But I also saw one that said "Fuck Trump" in a grocery store with little kids around. That bothered me a little bit.

Well played btw - Nothing better than not giving a Rump supporter the argument they crave! :lol:

I bought mine in July 2020. I've been wearing it since then.

It's cloth so goes through the washer and dryer well.

Countless people have asked me where I got it. I told them all I did was go to a search then typed in "trump sucks face mask" then hit enter. Tons of sites came up.

I wore it on the trip to the Oregon coast last August with a friend of mine. It was a very big hit everywhere I went . LOL.

I bought mine in July 2020. I've been wearing it since then.

It's cloth so goes through the washer and dryer well.

Countless people have asked me where I got it. I told them all I did was go to a search then typed in "trump sucks face mask" then hit enter. Tons of sites came up.

I wore it on the trip to the Oregon coast last August with a friend of mine. It was a very big hit everywhere I went . LOL.

The Oregon coast isn't as liberal as Portland, but not many places are ;) It's funny, the contractors I've used have been nearly all Trumpists. I've never brought it up, but often they have in passing. They don't like Joe Biden.

But just about everyone else I've met LOATHES Trumpy Bear. My neighbors are health care workers, teachers, generally middle to upper middle class professionals - Some retired/ some living in Portland or Salem with a second home here/ some semi-retired like me/ others heading off to work each day.

So it's been interesting to get a feel for the politics here. Pretty diverse overall. I like that.

I'd bet that if neighbors just approached her in a calm manner and tried talking to her she would have taken them down.

The Oregon coast isn't as liberal as Portland, but not many places are ;) It's funny, the contractors I've used have been nearly all Trumpists. I've never brought it up, but often they have in passing. They don't like Joe Biden.

But just about everyone else I've met LOATHES Trumpy Bear. My neighbors are health care workers, teachers, generally middle to upper middle class professionals - Some retired/ some living in Portland or Salem with a second home here/ some semi-retired like me/ others heading off to work each day.

So it's been interesting to get a feel for the politics here. Pretty diverse overall. I like that.

Yes I know it's not a liberal area yet I saw and photographed anti trump signs in front of farms, on barns and in yards on the Oregon coast.

I saw pro trump signs too but was very surprised to see so many anti trump and pro Biden signs on that trip.

Yes I know it's not a liberal area yet I saw and photographed anti trump signs in front of farms, on barns and in yards on the Oregon coast.

I saw pro trump signs too but was very surprised to see so many anti trump and pro Biden signs on that trip.

You saw Biden signs in front of farms and barns? I need to get out more! :D

I'd bet that if neighbors just approached her in a calm manner and tried talking to her she would have taken them down.
Good point, but maybe they did? This lady is gonna be an Angry Outrage Karen for the rest of her life. And it will cost her a butt-ton of dinero!

Where's the crime? Is "vulgar" a crime or is "anti-Biden" now considered a crime after all the vulgar things they said about Trump?

Hey lady - You don't get to post signs in your yard for little kids to see featuring vulgar symbols and language. Better get out the checkbook! You truly do live up to your last name. :)

A supporter of former President Donald Trump is refusing to take down signs at her mother’s home critical of President Biden, despite a judge’s order to do so.​
"It’s my First Amendment right, and I’m going to stick with that," Andrea Dick, a New Jersey Trump supporter, told the New York Times on Tuesday.​
Dick, 54, was immediately criticized by some of her neighbors when she put up the signs earlier this year and was ultimately cited and fined by local officials, who said the signs were violating an anti-obscenity ordinance. Last week, Roselle Park Municipal Court Judge Gary A. Bundy ordered Dick’s mother to remove three of the 10 banners or be fined $250 daily.​
Dick says she will not obey that order.​
"I’m not backing down," Dick said, adding that she is currently seeking a new attorney to represent her.​
The signs, some of which contain vulgar language and middle fingers, were deemed offensive by Roselle Park mayor Joseph Signorello III.​

this is what we call actual civil disobedience

notice she isn’t trying to firebomb the court house? assaulting people? looting stores? attempting an insurrection at the white house and treauary dept? burning a church?

i support her protest

The signs, some of which contain vulgar language and middle fingers, were deemed offensive by Roselle Park mayor Joseph Signorello III.
Are they too vulgar for you to post here?

Democrats are so concerned with children being exposed to harsh language. I remember all they uproar they caused in protest over this ad.

Or not. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back