Trump Should've Told Putin

D

Dim Bulb

"I will meet with your ambassador at the appropriate time. When Russia is ready to talk about its involvement in the Ukraine and Syria in a serious way and make actual movements towards peaceful resolution, then and only then will I sit down with your people. Show me movement, then I'll meet. So my answer today is "no" but with a willingness to do it in the future should your actions indicate real movement."

That's the toughness I wanted from him. But once again he's broken himself into jail and blaming others when he had the meeting and he admits today that he shared general information (which may or may not help to disclose sources and methods, who knows?). A tough leader like Reagan would've done it right.

And if Hillary had done this we wouldn't have cared if the source was an anonymous cartoon figure, we'd have run with it like Usain Bolt at the Olympics.

wasn't that that the entire thing with the email server bullshit that she might have let some classified information be accessible to russian hackers? but now Trump is flat out giving away classified info to Russian officials but it's not a big deal because.... he has a R next to his name?

wasn't that that the entire thing with the email server bullshit that she might have let some classified information be accessible to russian hackers? but now Trump is flat out giving away classified info to Russian officials but it's not a big deal because.... he has a R next to his name?
Well it isn't unlawful for the POTUS to declassify information. However, I am taking issue with why on earth he agreed to meet with these Russian dodos. Why not set preconditions? Have McMaster meet with them and bring his hammer, you know? It just seems like he spontaneously agreed with Putin to meet them without thinking strategically. Putin has to be laughing at those photos that came out, the same way that Xing is laughing about how Trump backed down on currency manipulation. Trump should let the pros handle the groundwork, then meet when he can get maximum advantage.

It's not that it's unlawful, it's just that it is amateurish.

"I will meet with your ambassador at the appropriate time. When Russia is ready to talk about its involvement in the Ukraine and Syria in a serious way and make actual movements towards peaceful resolution, then and only then will I sit down with your people. Show me movement, then I'll meet. So my answer today is "no" but with a willingness to do it in the future should your actions indicate real movement."

That's the toughness I wanted from him. But once again he's broken himself into jail and blaming others when he had the meeting and he admits today that he shared general information (which may or may not help to disclose sources and methods, who knows?). A tough leader like Reagan would've done it right.

And if Hillary had done this we wouldn't have cared if the source was an anonymous cartoon figure, we'd have run with it like Usain Bolt at the Olympics.

How do you know he did not say all that and more while they met?

Trump should have told him he'd have more leeway after the 2020 election.

Because Trump speaks openly and proudly, not like Obama, who did, in whispers on a mic he did not know was open.
Yes openly and proudly in a meeting in which the only media allowed were Russians. That's open and proud.

Because Trump speaks openly and proudly, not like Obama, who did, in whispers on a mic he did not know was open.
Yes openly and proudly in a meeting in which the only media allowed were Russians. That's open and proud.

IF you knew that someone you invite for dinner would put rat poison in your food, or stab you in the back, or shoot you, would you still invite them for dinner??

IF you knew that someone you invite for dinner would put rat poison in your food, or stab you in the back, or shoot you, would you still invite them for dinner??
No.

No.

Very succinct and to-the-point reply.

So, then, why should President Trump allow his sworn enemies, the liberal press to do what Soros is paying them to do??

So you are suggesting that President Trump told the Russian ambassador that he wouldn't meet with him until they made actual concessions in Syria and Ukraine? That makes zero sense. My point is that only an amateur gives up leverage. The leverage was that Putin wants a public relations coup by having his people meet with Trump. Trump should've denied him that coup until there was movement. The very photos of meeting with them is a triumph for Russia and Trump has given up an important chip --- access. Your point is basically nonsensical, that Trump might've told them that he wouldn't meet with them face to face. I would've expected that out of Obama.

No.

Very succinct and to-the-point reply.

So, then, why should President Trump allow his sworn enemies, the liberal press to do what Soros is paying them to do??
Much better to allow Russian media to record it instead. That makes total sense to me.

So you are suggesting that President Trump told the Russian ambassador that he wouldn't meet with him until they made actual concessions in Syria and Ukraine? That makes zero sense. My point is that only an amateur gives up leverage. The leverage was that Putin wants a public relations coup by having his people meet with Trump. Trump should've denied him that coup until there was movement. The very photos of meeting with them is a triumph for Russia and Trump has given up an important chip --- access. Your point is basically nonsensical, that Trump might've told them that he wouldn't meet with them face to face. I would've expected that out of Obama.

Would you please say what you need to say more coherently? Preferably in English?

Would you please say what you need to say more coherently? Preferably in English?

Plain speaking: President Trump screwed up by agreeing to meet with Russian officials at Putin's request. He should've waited until they made actual concessions until he gave Putin what he wanted. He gave up his leverage before getting anything at all.

Plain speaking: President Trump screwed up by agreeing to meet with Russian officials at Putin's request. He should've waited until they made actual concessions until he gave Putin what he wanted. He gave up his leverage before getting anything at all.

So, you know more than the President?

You really live up to your screen ID. Dim and Dumb.

Dude, no one insults their bookie!

So, you know more than the President?

You really live up to your screen ID. Dim and Dumb.

The real horror is that I am indeed an imbecile, but even I can see that agreeing with this meeting was amateurish and stupid. So if even someone like me can see that, it is really a concern. President Reagan would never have done that. Ever.

Forum List

Back