Trump Scotus nominees are allowed to lie about Roe

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Obama's nominees lied about their support of 2A. Remember Sotomayors NRA brother?

Roe? Never heard of it? You mean salmon roe? Yummy!

Personally I don't care about infringing on a bed wetter's capacity to destroy their own genetic garbage.

I can only see a positive outcome no matter how I look at it.

Obama's nominees lied about their support of 2A. Remember Sotomayors NRA brother?

Trump’s pick will certainly try to work Islamic ideology into our laws.
roof gay.jpg

What specific lie do you think she told?
That she supported 2A

And what does supporting the 2A mean?

Does it mean that you don't want to get rid of it?

Does it mean that you believe in the wacked out version of the 2A as peddled by wacked out NRA supporters?

The reality is, I've come on here and provided indisputable evidence that "bear arms" means "render military service" and "militia duty" and all the crazies just turn around and say "I don't care, I'm ignoring your evidence for what I want to believe".

Is that supporting the 2A? They think so.

That she supported 2A

Does it mean that you believe in the wacked out version of the 2A as peddled by wacked out NRA supporters?

The reality is, I've come on here and provided indisputable evidence that "bear arms" means "render military service" and "militia duty" and all the crazies just turn around and say "I don't care, I'm ignoring your evidence for what I want to believe".

They're just parroting their legislators who do the same damn thing... I've been in the house and senate chambers a gazillion times over the years (state) for deliberations & they be a bunch of emotionally driven, subjective be-otches & bastards, the house especially! (both sides of the aisle)

Last edited:

That she supported 2A

All lies, as expected.

That she supported 2A

They're just parroting their legislators who do the same damn thing... I've been in the house and senate chambers a gazillion times over the years (state) for deliberations & they be a bunch of emotionally driven, subjective be-otches & bastards, the house especially! (both sides of the isle)

Which island are you talking about?

That she supported 2A

They're just parroting their legislators who do the same damn thing... I've been in the house and senate chambers a gazillion times over the years (state) for deliberations & they be a bunch of emotionally driven, subjective be-otches & bastards, the house especially! (both sides of the isle)

Which island are you talking about?
Tks, Freudian slip...(Not) the VT isle utopia of progressivism located in the tumultuously partisan seas of New England. lol

"LEAHY: Thank you. And in the Second Circuit decision, Maloney v. Cuomo, you, in fact, recognized the Supreme Court decided in Heller that the personal right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the Constitution against federal law restrictions. Is that correct?

SOTOMAYOR: It is.

LEAHY: And you accept and applied the Heller decision when you decided Maloney?

SOTOMAYOR: Completely, sir. I accepted and applied established Supreme Court precedent that the Supreme Court in its own opinion in Heller acknowledged, answered the -- a different question.

LEAHY: Well, that -- let me -- let me refer to that, because Justice Scalia's opinion in the Heller case expressly left unresolved and explicitly reserved as a separate question whether the Second Amendment guarantee applies to the states and laws adopted by the - - by the states.

https://epic.org/privacy/sotomayor/sotomoyor_transcript.pdf

Then is 2010 in McDonald, she dissented that the 2A "I thus cannot find a historical consensus with respect to whether the right described by Heller is “fundamental” as our incorporation cases use that term. Nor can I find sufficient historical support for the majority’s conclusion that that right is “deeply rooted in this Nation’s history and tradition.” Instead, I find no more than ambiguity and uncertainty that perhaps even expert historians would find difficult to penetrate. And a historical record that is so ambiguous cannot itself provide an adequate basis for incorporating a private right of self-defense and applying it against the States."

McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 742 (2010)

So, yeah Trump's nominees can say they had a friend who had an abortion

Last edited:
Trump Scotus nominees are allowed to lie about Roe

A Supreme Court nomination shouldn't be based on one candidate's opinion(s) on one precedent that may change in the future. I'm more interested in hearing each candidates opinions of Obamacare and certain states having individual mandates to purchase health insurance. I'd also like to see the Supreme Court tackle states that restrict guns to those other than felons and with a known mental issue. For example, D.C's gun laws are unconstitutional, but the Supreme Court has done nothing to fix the issue.

The real problem here is Murkowski and Collins... Once again, these two can't act like Republicans. Someone should remind them to run as a Democrat the next time they're up for re-election.

Forum List

Back