trump Rolls Back Rules on Light Bulbs

HOW YOU CAN TELL THOSE OLD REGULAR LIGHT BULBS WERE SO GREAT:
  • Not that you could buy 20 of them for the price of one "green" light bulb.
  • Not that you could throw one away anywhere and it amounted to nothing and didn't need "recycled."
  • Not that the light was real and didn't give you a freaking headache.
  • But that every fricking leftard out there is trying so damn hard to take them away from you by force and complaining so loud that Trump might now give you a choice.
:1peleas:

Maybe because a 18 watt LED gives the same light as a 100 watt Incandescent
  • Sure, if you pay the $5.00 up front for one. There goes all that savings.
  • If you like filling landfills with LEDs and CFLs. I won't be.
  • If you like being told what you HAVE to buy.
  • I can afford to lose a little in heat. Only helps warm my house a little 9 months out of the year! :21:

$5 for a bulb that will last ten years and use one eighth of the electricity?

Any day of the week

Oh, now it's 1/8th the electricity? Sure it's not 1/16th?
Meantime I'll never use $5.00 worth of electricity through that one lamp or even be around in ten years to care! :auiqs.jpg:
Sure you will

Face it
LEDs are the future. They are even using them in cars

This is America land of the free. We should be able to drive cars that get 5 mpg if we want. We should be able to pick which light bulbs we want to use without listening to liberals talk about efficiency.
Americans will remember the Democrats as the people who wasted money building wind turbine farms.
Damn

I want my 8 Track back!

I see, is someone else has a different experience than yours, they are a liar. Thanks for letting me know how worthless your opinions on anything in the future will mean.
No, someone (that would be you) is simply not honest. There are-exactly-two possibilities: your home has serious wiring problems and needs to be corrected IMMEDIATELY, or you are full of shit.

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

The republicans have fits about it in the Obama years.

Now trump is rolling back those bush boy energy rules for light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Trump administration rolls back rules requiring more energy-efficient bulbs
OH MY GOD, THE LIGHT BULBS ARE GOING TO KILL US ALL !!!!!!!!

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

The republicans have fits about it in the Obama years.

Now trump is rolling back those bush boy energy rules for light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Trump administration rolls back rules requiring more energy-efficient bulbs

You know idiot, the market already took care of the issue.

People buy LED bulbs because they are better. The twisty florescent you communists so dearly love were always shit, and were always a fraud.

I had many-they worked well. Still use a couple.

Nope, flickering shit that lasted a couple of months. They lied that the bulbs would last 5 years, but ONLY if you left them on for 5 years and never turned them off. A CFL is good for about 100 power cycles, then POP, they're done. It was shit technology and pure fraud. It was done to aid China and offshore the light industry.

Steaming pile of horseshit. I had dozens of CFLs that had lasted many, many more than 100 power cycles. (Offhand, one was on & off at least 4x a day for several years.) Your home has serious electrical problems or you are lying.

I have six CFL globes above the vanity mirror in my main bathroom. In the past ten years, the norm is not being able to go a few weeks without at least one of them either dying completely, deciding to dim to about half luminescence, or just start to flicker. Or.... when they are first turned on they are really dim, and take five or ten minutes before slowly warming up to full brightness. Most times I have all of the above going on at the same time.

With incandescent bulbs, they either turn on, or they burned out, no weird in between crap.

Plus, what are the manufacturing resources needed for a simple incandescent bulb? A small amount of glass and steel, and a tiny strip of tungsten? CFLs require a lot more resources, to include hazardous metals and materials, and mercury, oh and petroleum for all of that plastic.

If trying to have the smallest ecological and health impact on the planet, go with the simple incandescent bulb. I'd rather have my local landfill with incandescent lights, than fluorescents with all their damn mercury.

CFL's are crap, always have been. The leftists forced America to CFL's for the benefit of China, no other reason.

LED is a different story, no one needed to pass laws to get people to go to LED bulbs.

Sure you will

Face it
LEDs are the future. They are even using them in cars

Funny, you Communists went to war against American light manufacturers and forced the pile of shit CFL's on behalf of your master, China.

But no one had to force LED's, in fact you fought against them because they cut into the profits of those you serve, China.

The MARKET always provides an answer.

CFL's are crap, always have been. The leftists forced America to CFL's for the benefit of China, no other reason.

LED is a different story, no one needed to pass laws to get people to go to LED bulbs.
It was no different with MTBE gas additive. The liberal greenies, with their usual pie in the sky quick, feel good fixes, pushed MTBE into all our fuel tanks, without proper testing It ended up poisoning ground water, just like all those CFLs littering our landfills are going to poison the ground and water.

LEDs are so good, that radio tower lighting systems are being replaced from incandescent to LED. They turn on full bright instantly, don't care about warm or cold, and use a hell of a lot less electricity. no more 600 volt power supplies and monster capacitors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back