Trump rips McCain hours after signing bill named after him

Why do y’all hate McCain so much?

He lost me when he co-introduced the McCain-Feingold bill that assured him and other incumbents would have an easier road to re-election and his bill led us to the Citizens United ruling. He is a self-serving, egotistical lifetime politician.
Im not aware of that Bill. I just read a summary of it and it appears to have put limitations on soft money and contributions from interest groups and political parties. It also made candidates announce their name on ads that they run.

How did the bill make reelection easier or lead to citizens united decision?

The bill was poorly thought out and written. From day one many critics, myself included saw this bill being challenged on Constitutional grounds and it came to pass. It made it far easier to incumbents to out raise and spend challengers.

He wanted fame and glory and screwed the country over for it.

McCain-Feingold’s devastating legacy

The Magazine for People in Politics | Campaigns & Elections

It was a very bad bill cloaked by politicians that claimed they had good intentions, so McCain in backing this bill was either A) a pompous arrogant politician that want to protect his position as a Senator or B) a complete idiot that bought into a bill goods that others saw as fundamentally bad.
Then why did Trump sign it?

He lost me when he co-introduced the McCain-Feingold bill that assured him and other incumbents would have an easier road to re-election and his bill led us to the Citizens United ruling. He is a self-serving, egotistical lifetime politician.
Im not aware of that Bill. I just read a summary of it and it appears to have put limitations on soft money and contributions from interest groups and political parties. It also made candidates announce their name on ads that they run.

The bill was poorly thought out and written. From day one many critics, myself included saw this bill being challenged on Constitutional grounds and it came to pass. It made it far easier to incumbents to out raise and spend challengers.

It was a very bad bill cloaked by politicians that claimed they had good intentions, so McCain in backing this bill was either A) a pompous arrogant politician that want to protect his position as a Senator or B) a complete idiot that bought into a bill goods that others saw as fundamentally bad.
Thanks for the link. I think I understand the issue. Limiting donations to political campaigns ended up diverting that money to outside groups that are now using it in a more extreme way. Tricky situation.

I think campaign finance reform is one of the most important issues in our country. It’s a really tricky issue to balance with our first amendement rights.

I’m not sure I see the corrupt intensions from the bill designers as the actual ideas in the bill I agree with. The effects of growing outside interest groups was an unfortunate after effect, which I’m not sure wouldn’t have happened without the bill.

The issue I saw was McCain was presented with the issue of the potential for a Supreme Court ruling back before the bill passed, yet he pushed forward and so he is corrupt or an idiot, he didn't get my vote in 2008. I have been a critic of McCain long before it was ever popular, he is who he is.

Then why did Trump sign it?

Interesting that you blamed Trump, you didn't read the articles or even one article, did you? I am even wondering if you read my post at all because I mention that McCain-Feingold resulted in the Citizens United decision which happened in 2010.

Knee jerk blaming is foolish.

Is it possible that MSN rips the President after praising him for signing the bill? Probably not, the hypocrite MSN never praises the President. Let it go lefties, it's much ado about nothing and it only makes you look like angry crazy idiots.
It’s not their job to praise Trump

Forum List

Back