Trump poised to violate Constitution his first day in office, George W. Bush’s ethics lawyer says

Is it really necessary to use the word aliens,

Yes, I believe using the proper term is necessary.

are you trying to make a point of being demeaning and offensive?

Why would using the proper term be either?
Alien is an old out dated term that dehumanizes real people so many substitute with immigrant. I find most people that still use it are either old school and unaware or intentionally trying to make a point of being offensive. Given your use of bold and underline for the statement I think it's fair to assume you are the later

Your PC nonsense is so passe' and out dated. LOL
Sorry, I forgot we've evolved to an era where class, respect, integrity, and character, are no longer valued attributes. Forgive me if I don't follow suit

You expect me to respect a criminal that has broken the law. Forgive me if I don't care to do that.
You are forgiven. If that's the best you can be then that's the best you can be.

I suggest that the only ones who respect criminals are other criminals. That pretty much describes you.

From the Sunday NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/u...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
MANILA — On Thanksgiving Day, a Philippine developer named Jose E. B. Antonio hosted a company anniversary bash at one of Manila’s poshest hotels. He had much to be thankful for.

Mr. Antonio’s combination of jobs — he is a business partner with Mr. Trump, while also representing the Philippines in its relationship with the United States and the president-elect — is hardly inconsequential, given some of the weighty issues on the diplomatic table.

Continue reading the main story
Among them, Mr. Duterte has urged “a separation” from the United States and has called for American troops to exit the country in two years’ time. His antidrug crusade has resulted in the summary killings of thousands of suspected criminals without trial, prompting criticism from the Obama administration.

Situations like these are already leading some former government officials from both parties to ask if America’s reaction to events around the world could potentially be shaded, if only slightly, by the Trump family’s financial ties with foreign players. They worry, too, that in some countries those connections could compromise American efforts to criticize the corrupt intermingling of state power with vast business enterprises controlled by the political elite.

upload_2016-11-27_14-21-14.png

What Europe can teach us about Trump: They’ve been dealing with guys like him for decades

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-27_14-22-26.png
    upload_2016-11-27_14-22-26.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz
If a 9-0 decision by the Supreme Court where they say in their ruling that Obama violated the Constitution isn't evidence enough that he violated the Constitution, you are worthless to engage in discussion.

Even the 2 SCOTUS judges that Obama appointed, Sotomayor and Kagan, ruled that Obama violated the Constitution.

Read the decision for yourselves:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/12-1281_mc8p.pdf

If a 9-0 decision by the Supreme Court where they say in their ruling that Obama violated the Constitution isn't evidence enough that he violated the Constitution, you are worthless to engage in discussion.

Even the 2 SCOTUS judges that Obama appointed, Sotomayor and Kagan, ruled that Obama violated the Constitution.

Give it a fucking rest. I already addressed that crap.

See post 353

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

‘Stunning and troubling’: Election experts aghast at Trump’s baldfaced lie about people voting ‘illegally’

Now, this is interesting.

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Trump is in SERIOUS legal trouble.
The Constitution isn't welcome in the Trumpisphere.
Remember that anyone that brought that dangerous item into his rallies was thrown out.

Remember that bloke from Republicans Against Trump that was wrestled to the ground by the Secret Service at one of his last rallies when someone shouted..."He's got a copy of The Constitution!"
In fact, all he had was a sign but there was genuine terror for a while.
Oh please. You're making up bullshit just make yourself feel better.
Are you accusing me of acting presidential?
Well...presidential-elect anyway.

Is it really necessary to use the word aliens,

Yes, I believe using the proper term is necessary.

are you trying to make a point of being demeaning and offensive?

Why would using the proper term be either?
Alien is an old out dated term that dehumanizes real people so many substitute with immigrant. I find most people that still use it are either old school and unaware or intentionally trying to make a point of being offensive. Given your use of bold and underline for the statement I think it's fair to assume you are the later

Who decided it was old and outdated? When was that determined? Was there a law passed? The only thing that dehumanizes people is treating criminals as someone to be pitied.
Yes it been decided by the library of congress and Supreme Court who decided to stop using the word years ago

Link? Back up your source like you want others to do.
Supreme Court decided this back in 2011-2012:
Why 'illegal immigrant' is a slur - CNN.com

Library of congress, last year, but it was fought and repealed by house republicans:
https://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/illegal-aliens-decision.pdf

I really wish you under-educated liberals would actually learn how to read. The CNN story you linked to says no such thing and there is no such law. Stop lying about shit you do not understand pr trying to spin something you think will get you goody points with other liberal wastes of oxygen.

Who decided it was old and outdated? When was that determined? Was there a law passed? The only thing that dehumanizes people is treating criminals as someone to be pitied.
Yes it been decided by the library of congress and Supreme Court who decided to stop using the word years ago

Library of congress, last year, but it was fought and repealed by house republicans:

I really wish you under-educated liberals would actually learn how to read. The CNN story you linked to says no such thing and there is no such law. Stop lying about shit you do not understand pr trying to spin something you think will get you goody points with other liberal wastes of oxygen.

Are you saying that the Libs have a corner in the no or little education? Careful. Those are the ones that pushed Trump over the top.

The only point you made In that rant was that you couldn't read and understand an article. Oh the irony

upload_2016-12-3_10-25-23.png

Uneducated liberals?? Let me provide you with some education. :
Trump Is A Con Artist Who Would Destroy The Economy To Help Himself

Donald Trump really tries to talk a good game on trade and the economy, but his history of outsourcing his own products and profiting from trade proves he’s a foe for working families.

Donald Trump’s non-apology for cheering on the housing crisis because he saw an opportunity to profit while working families lost their homes: “That’s called business.”

Sadly, there’s nothing surprising about Donald Trump feeling just fine about the prospect of others suffering because he thought he could make a quick buck. That’s the philosophy that’s defined Trump’s entire adult life, and it comes through in his Trump First economic policies that help him and his wealthy donors, but would tank the economy.

Donald Trump really tries to talk a good game on trade and the economy, but his history of outsourcing his own products and profiting from trade proves he’s a foe for working families.

Donald Trump’s non-apology for cheering on the housing crisis because he saw an opportunity to profit while working families lost their homes: “That’s called business.”

Sadly, there’s nothing surprising about Donald Trump feeling just fine about the prospect of others suffering because he thought he could make a quick buck. That’s the philosophy that’s defined Trump’s entire adult life, and it comes through in his Trump First economic policies that help him and his wealthy donors, but would tank the economy.

Where did he say he would destroy the economy?
Where did he say how that would make him a profit?

It's called opinion... conclusions made from analysis of facts or assumptions... often a combination of both. Do you really not understand this?

It's called opinion... conclusions made from analysis of facts or assumptions... often a combination of both. Do you really not understand this?

Then PP should have said, "Let me provide you with some opinion", not "Let me provide you with some education"

Thanks for pointing out his error.

Forum List

Back