Ex-trump lawyer Ty Cobb suggested trump could be disqualified from office over his handling of January 6 riot

No ma’am. The things assholes such as you “care” about are generally of no significance. Like your baseless and highly irrational mental image of Trump.

If shame were the issue, you’d never even get out of bed, you dolt.

Trump has been a pig and a NYC laughing stock for 40 years... Nothing has changed.

If Trump wins in 2024 and tried to become a real dictator, he would be overthrown in a heartbeat just as Joe will be if he tries to take over the entire government and rule by executive authority alone.
It always amazes me how leftists throw around the word dictator while supporting people being fired and worse for not getting an ineffective jab with major side effects or for saying something not approved by a government "Misinformation Board."

Ex-trump lawyer Ty Cobb suggested trump could be disqualified from office over his handling of January 6 riot

During 2017 and 2018, Cobb represented trump as part of the White House counsel. Also a former federal prosecutor, Cobb understands the true scope of the warrant authorized to search trump's Mar-a-Lago compound.

While speaking to CBS chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett, Cobb said, “The search warrant is unusually large and broad.” and that “It's very, very comprehensive in terms of the types of documents that the government could take.”

Continuing, Cobb explained, “For example, you can take any box that has a document. You can take any box adjacent to a box that has it.” He then added, "Those are pretty broad parameters."

Cobb feels the Justice Department investigation into whether trump mishandled White House documents, some of which are highly classified, is really about a broader inquiry into potential crimes related to the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot and efforts to overturn the 2020 election. So, the documents investigation is the hardly the biggest legal threat trump faces.

“‘I think the president is in serious legal water, not so much because of the search, but because of the obstructive activity he took in connection with the Jan. 6 proceeding,” Cobb said. “I think that and the attempts to interfere in the election count in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania and perhaps Michigan. That was the first time in American history that a president unconstitutionally attempted to remain in power illegally.’”

Congress could easily bar trump from holding office again under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which provides that no one who "shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against a government body or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof" should serve in public office.

What Cobb has apparently forgotten is the voting record of the Senate during trump’s administration and since the voters removed him from office. The moderate Senate Democrats only voted against trump during his impeachment trials, like the moderate Democrats in the House, they were confident the Republican majority in the Senate would vote trump "not guilty".

The moderate Senate Democrats have Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema (and others if necessary) to protect Mitch McConnell and his Republican minority’s policies that serve only the greed of Big Business and the billionaires.

Cobb, as a former federal prosecutor, should know full well that trump is safe from any federal actions to end his corruption. A state-level prosecutor might succeed in getting a conviction against trump, but the appeals process will keep trump free to become POTUS in 2024, and shortly after, dictator.

A lot of people suggest a lot of things.

It always amazes me how leftists throw around the word dictator while supporting people being fired and worse for not getting an ineffective jab with major side effects or for saying something not approved by a government "Misinformation Board."

They are in a cult.

There is a psychological term for what the democrats do and it is progression.

***snip***

Seeing a sin in another for which oneself is guilty is called "projection."

During 2017 and 2018, Cobb represented trump as part of the White House counsel. Also a former federal prosecutor, Cobb understands the true scope of the warrant authorized to search trump's Mar-a-Lago compound.

While speaking to CBS chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett, Cobb said, “The search warrant is unusually large and broad.” and that “It's very, very comprehensive in terms of the types of documents that the government could take.”

Continuing, Cobb explained, “For example, you can take any box that has a document. You can take any box adjacent to a box that has it.” He then added, "Those are pretty broad parameters."

Cobb feels the Justice Department investigation into whether trump mishandled White House documents, some of which are highly classified, is really about a broader inquiry into potential crimes related to the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot and efforts to overturn the 2020 election. So, the documents investigation is the hardly the biggest legal threat trump faces.

“‘I think the president is in serious legal water, not so much because of the search, but because of the obstructive activity he took in connection with the Jan. 6 proceeding,” Cobb said. “I think that and the attempts to interfere in the election count in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania and perhaps Michigan. That was the first time in American history that a president unconstitutionally attempted to remain in power illegally.’”

Congress could easily bar trump from holding office again under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which provides that no one who "shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against a government body or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof" should serve in public office.

What Cobb has apparently forgotten is the voting record of the Senate during trump’s administration and since the voters removed him from office. The moderate Senate Democrats only voted against trump during his impeachment trials, like the moderate Democrats in the House, they were confident the Republican majority in the Senate would vote trump "not guilty".

The moderate Senate Democrats have Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema (and others if necessary) to protect Mitch McConnell and his Republican minority’s policies that serve only the greed of Big Business and the billionaires.

Cobb, as a former federal prosecutor, should know full well that trump is safe from any federal actions to end his corruption. A state-level prosecutor might succeed in getting a conviction against trump, but the appeals process will keep trump free to become POTUS in 2024, and shortly after, dictator.

Only one wrench in the gears of the CBS narrative.

:rolleyes: So... some former employee that is disgruntled and humiliated because Trump fired them for being incompetent is now saying mean things about the guy who fired them.

So fucking what?

I'm sure a lot of the people I had to fire may hold a grudge too. BFD.

Ty Cobb is a highly competent, well trained and secure person. You can see why Trump would reject his advice and turn on him.

Thanks for sharing your mindless, ignorant and erroneous mere opinion.

Trump used to crash charity galas in NYC, pledge a lot of money and make a big show, but never came through with a dime. He just wanted to make the scene. It's the story of his life.

You must love that man, all you do is talk about him.

You must love that man, all you do is talk about him.
Maybe if Trump would just shut up and go away you would hear less about him.
As long as he's out there talking shit I know I for one am going to be talking about him.
You should get used to it snowflake.
Don't let us continuously trigger your delicate sensibility so that you feel a need to continuously be pulling defenses and excuses and apologies for him outta your ass.

President Trump is known to be the person most able to restore The USA.

There will be a lot of conversation about him.

Maybe if Trump would just shut up and go away you would hear less about him.
As long as he's out there talking shit I know I for one am going to be talking about him.
You should get used to it snowflake.
Don't let us continuously trigger your delicate sensibility so that you feel a need to continuously be pulling defenses and excuses and apologies for him outta your ass.
Practice what you preach Trump lover. PS: I've defended him so stop lying scum.

Forum List

Back