Trump Plays Identity Politics, Joins The Side of Multiculturalists In Culture War

Thank You Mr. President

Yes! Thank you. Donald Trump is the greatest president ever.

No shock at all you are a supporter of hate crime laws. all of you big government statist are.
Of course this has nothing to do with hate crime laws.

It basically is a hate crime law.
It is nothing like a hate crime law. Hate crime laws impose harsher penalties on acts that are already crimes but this has nothing to do with crimes. This EO simply includes Jews in Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights ACT, which conditions federal funds on not discriminating against people on the basis of skin color, race, religion or national origin. The EO specifically includes Jews under Title VII.

Thank You Mr. President

No shock at all you are a supporter of hate crime laws. all of you big government statist are.

It is nothing like a hate crime law. Hate crime laws impose harsher penalties on acts that are already crimes but this has nothing to do with crimes. This EO simply includes Jews in Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights ACT, which conditions federal funds on not discriminating against people on the basis of skin color, race, religion or national origin. The EO specifically includes Jews under Title VII.

Same concept, punishing people for an emotion

And the definition of antisemitism is all about hate....

"Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities."

So, you can hate Italian people or Chinese people or Mexican people and still be ok under Title VII...but hate Jews and you are toast!

"Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities."

So, you can hate Italian people or Chinese people or Mexican people and still be ok under Title VII...but hate Jews and you are toast!
No, this has nothing to do with emotions, it has to do with actions. You can think or feel anything you want as long as you don't act on it. If a university does not take action against anti semitic acts, it can lose federal funds.

No, this has nothing to do with emotions, it has to do with actions. You can think or feel anything you want as long as you don't act on it. If a university does not take action against anti semitic acts, it can lose federal funds.

And Antisemitism is hatred towards Jews...why are they special?

This EO simply includes Jews in Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights ACT, which conditions federal funds on not discriminating against people on the basis of skin color, race, religion or national origin. The EO specifically includes Jews under Title VII.

The Department of Education is unconstitutional and should be abolished.

The Republicans used to run on abolishing it.

But now they're using the Department of Education as an intimidation tool to make people afraid to exercise their 1st Amendment.

As usual, government is force. And that's why they don't run on abolishing the unconstitutional agency anymore. The bigger the government, the more force they may exert. And they know it.

Last edited:
Looks like thread got merged. So original op, RadicalRedneck, is no longer the op.

According to my OP link, the Department of Education will "rely on a definition of anti-Semitism from the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. That definition includes 'claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor,' applying a double standard to Israel by requiring of it 'behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation' and comparing 'contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.'"

Wow!

Every Dem candidate must now attack anti-anti-semitism. Loudly!!!

ie "It's different when we do it"

SO your telling me that if I walk up to an Italian on the street, punch him in the face, knock him to the ground while screaming, "your a damn Italian, I hate you" continue kicking him, and berating him for being Italian, I wont be charged with a hate crime? I think that would be considered a hate crime regardless of what race they are. Even without this new Xorder, Jews would have already been protected.

Jews are always wanting special treatment, and any politician that wants to stay in office must kowtow to the jewish lobby and acquiesces to their demands. ... :cool:
By restricting his EO to Jews, Trump is signaling to the ignorant bigots who love him that it is still open season on Muslims like you!

Trump expected to sign order to foster probes of anti-Semitism on campus

President Trump plans to sign an executive order Wednesday that defines the Jewish people as a nationality for purposes of federal civil rights law, an effort to step up enforcement against episodes of anti-Semitism on college campuses, two administration officials said.

Defining Jewish people as an ethnic group and not just a religious one allows the government to consider discrimination against the group as a violation of a key civil rights law. That means schools could lose federal funding if they fail to combat discrimination against Jewish students.

Another rootin-tootin Executive Order! I think this brings Trump to 36 more EOs than Obama in the same period.

It's Okay When Trump Does It!™

I really need to get T-shirts and hats made with that on it.

In red, of course.

I'm not really sure where I stand on this yet. haven't looked at it too closely, but there is a unique thing about Jews that others do not face. If your last name is Goldman or Wasserman, chances are you are descended from people who were Jewish, whether you practice the religion or not. You can still be picked on, singled out or attacked by bigots, racists, or terrorists for that matter just because of your name. It doesn't matter if you are a practicing religious jew. Plus, many Americans consider themselves to be Jewish by birth even if they don't believe in the Religion.

So are you unhappy with the decision?

Wow! In every other country in the world Jews are considered more a nationality while at the same time Judaism is a religion.

Only in the U.S. are Jews considered to be a religion only.

A 'Jew' could mean a person descended from the ancient people of Judea OR it could be a person of the Jewish faith who may or may not be descended from Judea.

I can't make sense of your post --- do you mean you hate them, or not? You are on the left, I know, so I am guessing you hate them. Right?

Jews are always wanting special treatment, and any politician that wants to stay in office must kowtow to the jewish lobby and acquiesces to their demands. ... :cool:
By restricting his EO to Jews, Trump is signaling to the ignorant bigots who love him that it is still open season on Muslims like you!

Don't know where you pulled that out of, but it sure isn't true.

President Trump plans to sign an executive order Wednesday that defines the Jewish people as a nationality for purposes of federal civil rights law, an effort to step up enforcement against episodes of anti-Semitism on college campuses, two administration officials said.

Defining Jewish people as an ethnic group and not just a religious one allows the government to consider discrimination against the group as a violation of a key civil rights law. That means schools could lose federal funding if they fail to combat discrimination against Jewish students.

Another rootin-tootin Executive Order! I think this brings Trump to 36 more EOs than Obama in the same period.

In red, of course.

I'm not really sure where I stand on this yet. haven't looked at it too closely, but there is a unique thing about Jews that others do not face. If your last name is Goldman or Wasserman, chances are you are descended from people who were Jewish, whether you practice the religion or not. You can still be picked on, singled out or attacked by bigots, racists, or terrorists for that matter just because of your name. It doesn't matter if you are a practicing religious jew. Plus, many Americans consider themselves to be Jewish by birth even if they don't believe in the Religion.

I am. We need less identity politics. Not more.

In red, of course.

Fair enough though. I think we should all be protected equally as well from hate aimed at us, for who we are. Though Trump might have been spurred on by a recent rise in anti-semitism. I havn't taken the time to look at the details quite yet but the good thing about executive orders is they can always be reversed. I guess we can wait for the next Democrat president to reverse the order.

In red, of course.

Fair enough though. I think we should all be protected equally as well from hate aimed at us, for who we are. Though Trump might have been spurred on by a recent rise in anti-semitism. I havn't taken the time to look at the details quite yet but the good thing about executive orders is they can always be reversed. I guess we can wait for the next Democrat president to reverse the order.

That's exactly the problem. Democrats are on the same page as Trump. They won't reverse shit.

What planet are you posting from? All minorities are protected by the civil rights act, but Jews are special because they are singled out on a great many college campuses for abuse, and while college administrations are careful to discourage such behaviors toward black people, women, etc., recently they have been reluctant to take action to discourage such actions toward Jews. Jews are made special by people who ask, why are Jews so special.

What planet are you posting from? All minorities are protected by the civil rights act ...

No they aren't. Where did you get that idea?

In red, of course.

That's exactly the problem. Democrats are on the same page as Trump. They won't reverse shit.
The Democrats were handed an even bigger victory by Trump today.

Much bigger.

But that's a different topic.

SO your telling me that if I walk up to an Italian on the street, punch him in the face, knock him to the ground while screaming, "your a damn Italian, I hate you" continue kicking him, and berating him for being Italian, I wont be charged with a hate crime? I think that would be considered a hate crime regardless of what race they are. Even without this new Xorder, Jews would have already been protected.
This EO has nothing to do with hate crimes; it requires colleges and universities to take the same actions to discourage anti semitic behaviors they already take to discourage racist actions against black people or against women.

Forum List

Back