Trump pivots.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Trump is asking a judge to force the special counsel’s office to turn over records from the intelligence community that he wants to use at trial for the Jan. 6 case, where he faces charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding, and conspiracy against rights.

What Trump wants includes reports on damage wrought by Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and threats to the 2020 election. It’s part of a series of defenses which Trump wants to raise at trial aimed at debunking a core position of Special Counsel Jack Smith: that Trump spread lies about breaches in 2020 election because he was “motivated by a desire to maintain office and undertaken with specific intent and unlawful purpose,” his attorneys wrote in the request.

Trump also wants to counter arguments that his claims to have actually won the 2020 election but for massive, never-found fraud somehow contributed to mistrust in American elections. In fact, Trump attorneys wrote, the former president wants evidence about 2016 Russian interference “to demonstrate to the jury that he did not create or cause the environment that the prosecution seeks to blame him for.”

It’s an about-face which partly signifies the brief advantage which Trump might gain from presenting these records to jurors: arguing that Russian interference in 2016 corroded public trust to such an extent that his 2020 claims could not have had a comparable effect.

I'm not sure how bringing the Russian interference he previously denied in to the equation to partially explain distrust in elections he sowed, with every fiber of his being, is a winning strategy........unless this is really just another delaying tactic.

Trump is asking a judge to force the special counsel’s office to turn over records from the intelligence community that he wants to use at trial for the Jan. 6 case, where he faces charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding, and conspiracy against rights.

What Trump wants includes reports on damage wrought by Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and threats to the 2020 election. It’s part of a series of defenses which Trump wants to raise at trial aimed at debunking a core position of Special Counsel Jack Smith: that Trump spread lies about breaches in 2020 election because he was “motivated by a desire to maintain office and undertaken with specific intent and unlawful purpose,” his attorneys wrote in the request.

Trump also wants to counter arguments that his claims to have actually won the 2020 election but for massive, never-found fraud somehow contributed to mistrust in American elections. In fact, Trump attorneys wrote, the former president wants evidence about 2016 Russian interference “to demonstrate to the jury that he did not create or cause the environment that the prosecution seeks to blame him for.”

It’s an about-face which partly signifies the brief advantage which Trump might gain from presenting these records to jurors: arguing that Russian interference in 2016 corroded public trust to such an extent that his 2020 claims could not have had a comparable effect.

I'm not sure how bringing the Russian interference he previously denied in to the equation to partially explain distrust in elections he sowed, with every fiber of his being, is a winning strategy........unless this is really just another delaying tactic.
Trump knows he's going to prison, so he is just throwing any kind of shit on the wall to see whatever sticks.

I pray to Jesus Trump goes to prison and takes a shive to where the heart would normally be?

1701203501584.png

LOL, I read your thread title and immediately imagined Biden "pivoting" and falling flat on his ass, LOL

Trump knows he's going to prison, so he is just throwing any kind of shit on the wall to see whatever sticks.

I pray to Jesus Trump goes to prison and takes a shive to where the heart would normally be?

You pray to Jesus you get your corrupt selfish political wishes to steal from your opponents and put our leader in jail?

You are a truly shitty human being. Unlike you, I'll leave the actual judging to God what that means to your eternal soul

He's not pivoting anything. His best hope of not dying in prison is for the Secret Service to claim that some kind of house arrest is necessary to protect him.

Trump's Russia gambit won't work because he knew he lost.

63 court cases brought by Trump and ZERO success!

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and Republican congressmen."

Raffensperger:
Mr. President, we’ll send you the link from WSB.

Trump: I don’t care about the link. I don’t need it.

Trump hired not one, but TWO, research firms to prove his Big Lie.

The TWO firms Trump hired found no fraud.

TWO!

Trump buried those reports and continued to lie.

The Michigan Republican House Speaker and Republican Senate Majority Leader said there was no fraud and would certify the election. Trump ignored them and continued to lie.

The US Attorney General and the Deputy Attorney General told Trump there was no fraud. Trump ignored them and continued to lie.

A recount in Wisconsin demanded by Trump found there was no fraud and actually increased Trump's loss by a wider margin. Trump continued to lie.

State and federal courts, including many helmed by Trump appointees, found no proof of fraud. Trump ignored them and continued to lie.

The Director of National Intelligence informed Trump the election was secure and there was no fraud. Trump ignored him and continued to lie.

The Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency told Trump there was no fraud. Trump ignored them and continued to lie.

The senior White House attorneys told Trump there was no fraud. Trump ignored them and continued to lie.

Senior staffers of Trump's own campaign team told him he had lost! Trump ignored them and continued to lie.

State legislators and secretaries of state all around the country, many of whom were Republicans who had backed Trump's re-election, told Trump there was no fraud and he had lost. Trump ignored them and continued to lie.

Trump knew he lost.

With his Big Lie defeated at every turn, Trump drafted illegal fake electors in seven states.

Nothing fails like prayer because it's all in your head.

If Trump is your leader, you got a really fucked up set of values!

I said Trump is the leader of his party. I realize you're stupid, glad I could be there for you. If you can't figure out how Trump is the leader of the Republicans, let me know. Hint, Google "Trump polls."

Shit, you don't know the difference between who I support and who Republicans support. Damn your stupidity is painful, but I'll do my best to guide you through it

When you do not allow someone to defend himself there is no justice. Period. You stupid fascists.

Forum List

Back