Trump On Afghanistan Withdrawal

Duh, evacuate all the Afghan interpreters and support staff who aided and supported our soldiers - THEN EVACUATE THE SOLDIERS!!!!!
And that's where the contractors come in. Those interpreters have been trying to leave for years. Proving their employment was made about impossible, apparently.

I think they misjudged how quickly the Taliban would take over.

Biden has fucked up. The incompetence of the withdrawal and the betrayal of our allies who assisted us is appalling.

But remember who started this.

View attachment 526823

This is what happens when America withdraws from the world, like so many on the right and the left want.

I don't think Biden has fucked up. Like Biden himself said, the US gave them an army and an air force which should have been able to secure their country. That they couldn't do that is their problem, if they couldn't do it after 20 years, they'd never be able to do it. At least the Taliban can actually run a country, rather than the mindless puppets the US put in place.

Biden has fucked up. The incompetence of the withdrawal and the betrayal of our allies who assisted us is appalling.

But remember who started this.

View attachment 526823

This is what happens when America withdraws from the world, like so many on the right and the left want.

The withdrawal, after TWENTY years, was and is the right thing to do.

You don't withdraw and leave all those AMERICANS and our allies behind the way Biden did. Biden deflected today and did not talk about the issue.

You don't withdraw and leave all those AMERICANS and our allies behind the way Biden did. Biden deflected today and did not talk about the issue.
There were plans to evacuate the contractors. The Afgan president said no, because that would show a lack of confidence in the Afgan people.

There were plans to evacuate the contractors. The Afgan president said no, because that would show a lack of confidence in the Afgan people.

Then you don't do it. Then you wait. WE get OUR people out first.

This is basic.

Duh, evacuate all the Afghan interpreters and support staff who aided and supported our soldiers - THEN EVACUATE THE SOLDIERS!!!!!

This is another evacuation clusterfuck reminiscent of Vietnam. Sad...

Except the Ghani government wouldn't let the interpreters and support staff leave, as it would indicate a lack of faith in their government. Of course, Ghani and the other leaders got the hell out.

Most of the "Americans" over there are the contractors who were sucking up the last bit of stolen money from the US taxpayers. the War profiteers who made the Afghan War more expensive than World War II because we didn't have the political will to do a draft.

You're just a typical brain dead Republican looking for any chance to put the boot in.
Ok Einstein, what should he have done?

I'm a republican? Lets all have a collective laugh at this one. :laughing0301:

What Biden should have done is this; Not pulled out one troop until we were ready to evacuate the Afghans who helped us while we were there.....

Call me crazy but if you need security forces to evacuate...I think it would be better to use the troops that are there already rather than remove the blanket of security only to have them have to come back in to provide the security they could have provided in the first place.

Secure the airport better so that our flights won't be collecting stow-a-ways while taxiing. Again having the security forces in place would have been better than expecting them to land at noon and provide security at 12:15.

Just my thoughts. You think this is going well?

I'm a republican? Lets all have a collective laugh at this one. :laughing0301:

What Biden should have done is this; Not pulled out one troop until we were ready to evacuate the Afghans who helped us while we were there.....

Call me crazy but if you need security forces to evacuate...I think it would be better to use the troops that are there already rather than remove the blanket of security only to have them have to come back in to provide the security they could have provided in the first place.

Secure the airport better so that our flights won't be collecting stow-a-ways while taxiing. Again having the security forces in place would have been better than expecting them to land at noon and provide security at 12:15.

Just my thoughts. You think this is going well?
Again, there were plans to evacuate the Afgans who helped us along with the troops. Tha Afgan president nixed that, saying it would show a lack of confidence in Afganistan's ability to control their country. Of course, that was before the coward packed his shit and fled to another country.

No, man, what's hard to believe is that we were still in there at all. Biden had to make the tough decision that Trump, Obama and Bush refused to make. And now we see a few people falling off planes and we are all sad and stuff?
Thank you for your humanity and concern for fellow human beings.*
Would you be willing to trade places with those at danger in Afghanistan now?

*Wish this forum had an appropriate satire emoji I could use here.

The first major sign that Biden/Harris/Dumbocrats are idiots is the timing of the withdraw of USA forces.

The best time of the year to do such is the peak of Winter(local) when roads and travel are bound by snow/ice/mud and mobility of forces is constricted. This would be about January through March.

Doing such in the middle of "Summer" when roads and trails are dry and easy to traverse is tactical and strategic idiocy. But to be expected from the idiots of the Left, whom know next to nothing of how to operate in the real world.

Blood and Treasure, USA's, is on Biden's hands.

I believe it was Clausewitz whom said, to paraphrase, that "The goal of War is a better Peace".

There is a formula to effective military operations/war, which is: Methods times Actions equal Results/Goals.

HOWEVER, one needs to start the application of this formula from the reverse; work backwards.

FIRST: Decide what your Goals/Objectives are. Are they attainable and do you have the Resources to do such.? If so (or not), can such be attained within the timeline and scope of what you wish(can) to do.?

SECOND: Decide upon the operational plan of Actions needed to attain your Goal/Objectives.

THIRD: Decide upon the necessary/essential moves/actions to initiate your PLAN and "make it happen".

Too often in recent decades the USA seems to have done this backwards, 1st throwing in Troops and military resources, then, 2nd, thinking about what sort of PLAN we should have, and finally picking a "GOAL/Objective", often one that might not be unobtainable.

Korea, Vietnam, 7 major wars in The Middle East, Two major wars between India and Pakistan, and a Cold War with Russia that lasted more than 40 years is only a sample of the 'stability' our overseas military presence has wrought.

Still heady from our victories against the Axis powers, America believed that our military presence was enough to bring peace to the world ... we were wrong.

America benefits most from its economic imperialism than from its military one.
Have you bothered to look at the "History of the World" during the previous 400+ years after Columbus's discoveries and the Expansionism and Colonization of the "Old World" upon the Globe?

As done by the "Old World"~ European Powers" ?

Just look at a list of wars/conflicts from about 1500 AD to 1900 AD for an example. We have four plus centuries of Conflicts/Wars that far exceed level and scope of what we have since in the post 1945 time-frame/scale.

We can start about 1861-1865 when most of the Old World/European Powers supported and worked with the Confederacy (CSA), fighting in support of "States Rights" to preserver Slavery, against the Union of the USA. Not a 'sterling' start one might say.

Fast forward a few decades to the end of the 1800s/Nineteenth Century and USA's war with Spain; Spanish-American War;
Here it was driven home that the USA could no longer be an isolated nation, but would have to become a Global Power, as we fought a global spanning war against a Global Power Nation of the "Old World."

NOTE that USA intent was that those former colonies of Spain would be granted their independence as soon as ready for such, had not other 'Global Power Nations" not intervened.

The Spanish - American War would finally cast the die that the USA would no longer be a small and isolated "3rd world nation" but must now become one of the Global Powers. This would be underscored and driven home less than a couple of decades later.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back