Trump must be respected, he calls NATO out to their faces. Detractors must acknowledge this

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm watching Trump at NATO, as the nations leaders line up and he tells them to their faces that every nation needs to pay their 2% and their past obligations. Calls out the "thousands and thousands" of immigrants "pouring in" and calls out the challenge to take on terror and yes, even Russian threats.

Then, as a twist to the gut after the punch, he says "I'm never ever going to ask how much the new NATO building costs" and "it's beautiful". Clearly suggesting that they spend a great deal on the building but where are the 2% commitments?!?!

You could see the NATO leaders with a slight smile at times, some crossing their arms, clearly uncomfortable at times as Trump spoke the truth. Only 5 of the 28 have made their obligations, as he said "it's not fair to the U.S taxpayer".

This was vintage Trump. A stern lecture. Not from America, but to their faces. Bravo.

I'm watching Trump at NATO, as the nations leaders line up and he tells them to their faces that every nation needs to pay their 2% and their past obligations. Calls out the "thousands and thousands" of immigrants "pouring in" and calls out the challenge to take on terror and yes, even Russian threats.

Then, as a twist to the gut after the punch, he says "I'm never ever going to ask how much the new NATO building costs" and "it's beautiful". Clearly suggesting that they spend a great deal on the building but where are the 2% commitments?!?!

You could see the NATO leaders with a slight smile at times, some crossing their arms, clearly uncomfortable at times as Trump spoke the truth. Only 5 of the 28 have made their obligations, as he said "it's not fair to the U.S taxpayer".

This was vintage Trump. A stern lecture. Not from America, but to their faces. Bravo.

I guess we have to make all soldiers in the military come home and close all foreign bases. Let them know we are serious.

The pussy grabber continues to do and say the wrong thing. He's a fat hot mess and no clue about how NATO works. He should have learned this the last time he stupidly demanded money but of course, he's just too dumb. And, to make it worse, he even said he 'had not asked how much the building cost'.

WTH is wrong with this idiot?

I have looked but not found information on what Germany pays if you take into account it's paying for building and maintaining US bases. People in the US commonly ask "why do we spend so much in basing troops overseas?" Part of the answer is that it's cheaper for us to base a soldier in Germany than in Texas. LOL

Trump handed Merkel that fake "bill," and you cannot bully Frau Nein.

But overall, most of the European countries don't contribute as much a % as the US does or as much as they say they will. But, the facts are that Nato spends TEN TIMES what Russia spends on defense .. or in Russia's case, offense.

Comparison of the Russian Military Budget with EU, NATO, and US Budgets | Energy Blog

The pussy grabber continues to do and say the wrong thing. He's a fat hot mess and no clue about how NATO works. He should have learned this the last time he stupidly demanded money but of course, he's just too dumb. And, to make it worse, he even said he 'had not asked how much the building cost'.

I see no problem with what he said. You have serious issues to deal with and every other nation pretends that security is free. America has been the world police while everyone else looks to exploit America.

These same nations are chirping about everyone meeting their climate change obligations and "not building walls", yet, for years they haven't made their 2% minimum commitment they agreed to. Considering how many more terror risks are present in the E.U and how many mass successes there, and how many don't meet their financial obligations to NATO, they have little room to lecture.

I see no problem with what he said. You have serious issues to deal with and every other nation pretends that security is free. America has been the world police while everyone else looks to exploit America.

These same nations are chirping about everyone meeting their climate change obligations and "not building walls", yet, for years they haven't made their 2% minimum commitment they agreed to. Considering how many more terror risks are present in the E.U and how many mass successes there, and how many don't meet their financial obligations to NATO, they have little room to lecture.

How many times more than Russia does NATO have to spend?

And by the way, you can spend all you want but it helps when you don't hire a guy who was compromised by your enemy...

NATO members were not thinking about 2% but how much information has to be shared with the orange guy in front of them...

Trump can't be trusted with sensitive information...

Oh for pete's sake. I said nothing of the kind. Of course security comes at a cost.

He made an ass of himself by choosing that place and that time to deliver a lecture.

Can't someone get his big mouth under control? He blabs secrets to our enemies and insults our allies. Not once in that idiotic speech did he even mention the purpose of NATO and/or our role in it. The reason he did not say that is that he simply does not know.

And by the way, you can spend all you want but it helps when you don't hire a guy who was compromised by your enemy...

NATO members were not thinking about 2% but how much information has to be shared with the orange guy in front of them...

Trump's already pissed off the real econ driver in Nato/EU, Germany, and all of the EU is pissed at our best ally the UK, and now we've pissed on their terror investigation. It seems Trump engendered a lot of fear that he's blow up Nato, but now he's on board. Our complaints about their defense spending are long seeded and go pat % of gdp, esp with Germany. The i

Oh for pete's sake. I said nothing of the kind. Of course security comes at a cost.

He made an ass of himself by choosing that place and that time to deliver a lecture.

Can't someone get his big mouth under control? He blabs secrets to our enemies and insults our allies. Not once in that idiotic speech did he even mention the purpose of NATO and/or our role in it. The reason he did not say that is that he simply does not know.

And now he wants to fundamentally expand the mission. They'll be polite and wish him a nice trip home to his bed.

Trump's already pissed off the real econ driver in Nato/EU, Germany, and all of the EU is pissed at our best ally the UK, and now we've pissed on their terror investigation. It seems Trump engendered a lot of fear that he's blow up Nato, but now he's on board. Our complaints about their defense spending are long seeded and go pat % of gdp, esp with Germany. The i

And now he wants to fundamentally expand the mission. They'll be polite and wish him a nice trip home to his bed.

A UUUge problem is his ignorance. He has no idea what he believes and he changes at the drop of a hat. Worse is, he is incapable of learning.

OH!! Did anyone else notice that very strange handshake between the cheeto and I'm not sure who he was.

First, trump did his usual thing of jerking the hand toward him but apparently, this guy was ready for him and jerked right back.

Very funny to see trump's juvenile posturing shown up.

Its disgusting that all he cares about is money. There's a time and place for everything and wow - this was a disastrous mistake and then to say he had not asked about the cost of the building.

And then, as if he is not already known to be an ignorant bully, he shoved the PM of Montenegro so he could be in the front.

Deal the Muzziphiles Out

I hope he uses their cheapskating on defense as an excuse to get out of NYETO and form an alliance with Russia, which will double our strength.

A UUUge problem is his ignorance. He has no idea what he believes and he changes at the drop of a hat. Worse is, he is incapable of learning.

Think about this way... If Trump asked NATO to invade a country in the ME, how many would agree.... How many NATO Countries could convince their people to follow Trump's lead?

I say hell all...
International opinion polling for the United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia

Trump was not popular before and still remains unpopular...

What past obligations?

Obama was always like this duck when he was among Europeans.

upload_2017-5-25_18-34-3.png

At least Trump has the balls to tell them to start pulling their god damned weight.

It's about damn time!!

I couldn't be prouder of our president.
Damn... it feels good being able to say that. :)

Forum List

Back